main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Drabbletastic Delights" H/L, L/M, etc.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 27, 2019.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see Anakin and Tahiri, two great characters from the EU

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I’m late! Soz! Just caught up on your recent updates!

Totally enjoyed all the Luke/Mara moments. Especially the one where they are so besotted with each other at a posh event! Bet they raced home! [face_laugh]

The Anakin/Tahiri ficlett was so sweet! And I loved how Tahiri took the lead in showing Anakin a real kiss. [face_love]

Great posts!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I love giving the lady the chance to initiate a display of affection ;) As for Luke and Mara's besottedness, SQUEE! forever! :D :*

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Pairing: Kyp/Sevrina

Kyp's first "I love you" came in an offhand manner not because he was nonchalant about the depth of his feelings or their trueness. He was unaccountably shy about speaking them aloud the first time so he sent Sevrina a morning greeting to her 'padd and ended with "I love you, and not like a sibling."

Sevrina had laughed and blushed and floated blissfully through the rest of her day.

She was more than a little distracted through some of her work tasks with the new initiates but she didn't muddle things up thankfully.

When she saw Kyp at end of day, he looked at her as if to say, What'd you think? Was I a total Gundark saying it that way?

She pretended to scowl but couldn't keep it up. She grabbed him and kissed him, until his vivid green eyes turned even more richly emerald.

"I love you back, as if you didn't know already!" She whispered and kissed him again.

+++

[face_mischief]

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Love that you did a scene like this for Sevrina and Kyp! So sweet—and I can totally imagine all the facial expressions: Kyp's sad-mooka-pup look, Sevrina's attempt to scowl, and then Kyp's eyes changing color at the intensity of Sevrina's kiss! :eek: Bet that won't be the only time that happens, either! :D Wishing them many more kisses just like that; thanks, as always, for sharing. @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Setting: Leia is explaining a very interesting thing to her daughter.
    ~

Leia was helping one of her twins, Tanda, with her homework. "We have a list of words to spell," Tanda was saying, "I was practicing aloud earlier and Daddy had the most interesting reaction."

"What'd he say?" Leia asked ... with Han you never knew, she thought with wry affection.

"He said, Tanda, of all the words to spell, why's that one on the list?"

"What was it?"

"Carbonite." Tanda said.

"Oh no!" Leia exclaimed. No wonder ... "Your Daddy had a very ... unpleasant experience with the stuff some time ago and it brings back memories he'd sooner forget!" She suppressed a shiver of her own.

Tanda gave her mom a curious look, and Leia ruffled her curls and promised, "It's one of those stories that need holding off until you're older."

Much older, Leia added silently.

++++
    [face_laugh]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    mayo_durron_666 and Mira_Jade like this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, did I really fall that behind here?? Well, let me fix that now with both my most sincere apologies and promise to do better in the future. Because I have adored every time this collection has updated, even if I just left 'likes' behind; it's always a bright spot on my day. [face_love]

And, in particular . . .

I LOVED THIS ONE MORE THAN I CAN SAY!!! To take it out of your mouth, I'm evaporated. :p [face_love]

You know I'm a sucker for this ship, for all the reasons you highlighted and more. I love their history, with both of the good and bad, and how well they know and support and compliment each other. I love how she just knew, and teasingly called him out. After everything they lost, this is a happiness they more than deserve together. There could have been no better answer to the prompt. [face_love]

Aw! More sweet flirty fun! I especially loved the line about Luke being good at dancing. I understand Mara's appreciation. [face_mischief]

Aw!! When I sent that prompt that was not even a possible application that crossed my mind. How sweet and beautiful! All your ficlets make me smile, but this one, in particular, was special. [face_love]

Oooh, I loved this glimpse of Mara and Luke being partners in every sense. They have each other's backs, in every way. [face_love]

Oh!! What a beloved Legends pairing that I haven't seen around here in far too long! :D I love how this was all sweetness and sparks. Their young love was so endearingly portrayed. [face_love]

Gah! I loved this entire scenario. Usually Kyp is someone you think of as confident and suave, or so he'd have others believe. :p His fumbling and worrying here was just testament to how much he DOES feel, though, and how badly he wants to make this work. Of course that's just all the more to love about him in the end. [face_love]

[face_love]!!

Very nice! I adored the Solo-domestics in this one as much as I appreciated the topic. I can only imagine how . . . selective they'd have to be as parents telling the next generation about their adventures. Especially the events of ESB for Han! No matter how many good memories are also entangled with that . . .

Keep up the fantastic work, my friend! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! =D= [:D]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kyp and Sevrina and Leia and her daughter
    Nice conversations in the EU we love

9. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww the past couple posts have been sweet and funny.

Kyp managing to admit 'I love you' to Sevrina was so adorable. [face_love] Liked that she grabbed him for a kiss before admitting it back. ;)

Leia's right, it's probably best to explain that story later.. :p

Nice posts!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Inspired by the mention of the magnificent Cloudshape Falls by @devilinthedetails ... @};-

Luke loved water. He loved the ocean, rivers, even being caught in the rain. He admired the lovely painting his sister had of the Cloudshape Falls of Alderaan. "I wish I could've seen those," he said, his blue eyes wistful and tender for the sorrow mixed with nostalgia his sister must always feel when she looked at the gorgeous artwork.

"It's a perfect couple spot," Leia said, her brandy-brown eyes misty with pensive tenderness. "I wish I could share them with Han, and you doubtless would like to be able to take Mara to enjoy them."

Luke flushed. The thought of his lady with the sunset tresses and emerald eyes never failed to get his heart to racing.

Leia's mood lifted at seeing her brother's distracted joy. "You've got it bad, you know that."

"I wouldn't have it any other way!"

+++
    ;)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Alderaan gone but the memories are still there, giving nice feelings

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Love's Grown Deep"
    Pairing: Anakin/Tahiri
    Title comes from song of same name by Kenny Nolan.
    Context: After a mission concludes

~

Anakin hugged Tahiri after he and his Master returned from a training exercise on Ragoon 6. Jedi teams often went on such jaunts. The Praxeum was as mobile as it was stationary.

He told Tahiri of the loveliness and challenges of the training.

"I'm just glad you're back," she said warmly.

"I missed you too," he replied. "Seems like being apart makes me realize how much you mean to me. Not that I didn't know that before, of course."

"You just like the reunion." Tahiri teased.

"That too."

She smiled tenderly. Anakin was, first and foremost, her best friend and truest confidante; it was the deepest kind of rainbow sweetness that he was the love of her life as well.

+++

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Anakin and Tahiri teasing but friends and warmth coming from their words

14. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    The past two updates have been sweet! [face_love]

Luke and Leia sharing a moment about Alderaan. The sibling teasing was cute here!

And Anakin and Tahiri reuniting scene was adorable. I miss them! :(

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So do I. Listening to great love ballads still reminds me of the EU OTPs ;)

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! I loved how sweet Anakin and Tahiri were in this last one - it really has been too long, and they deserve just that sort of 'rainbow of sweetness'. [face_love]

But I just adored the prior ficlet with Luke and Leia! I love that Luke was able to share that memory with Leia, even if he will never be able to experience Alderaan as she did. He loves it through her! And of course the sweet sibling teasing afterward was just too fun and heartwarming. All of these are gems, but that one was a favorite for me! [face_love] [:D]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am using #40 in a list of OTP prompts for things You Said.
    This one is Things You Interrupted Me to Say.
    Pairing: Han/Leia

--------

"Leia, it's alright to be anxious. 'Specially the first time."

"But twins?!?!"

"Yeah, that is a bit overwhelming."

"A bit?!?"

"Okay, maybe more than that."

"Han ... I wish my Mom was here not just to be a grandmother to the grandlings but I have so many things I need to ask, and I ..."

"Mmm?"

"I miss her. And Father. Sometimes I can't believe they're gone, and then it sweeps over me all over again."

"Yeah, sweetheart, I'm sure it does. That's normal, too."

"You are a good listener, you know that? And you're a softy, too."

"Don't believe it!"

"Ha! I know it. I've always known--"

"Well, you're the only one who gets to see it."

"I'd better be!"

"Hey! It was that way since day one, even when you didn't want to admit it--"

"Me? You were the oblivious one in the room."

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Anedon, Mira_Jade , Kahara and 2 others like this.
  18. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Awww! Han and Leia. So sweet! [face_love]
    Leia so worried about everything as usual, thinking on the best approach, her analytical mind going full speed... And Han just there to be the grounding force she needs in times like this, and succeeding! :cool:
    I have always loved how you write these two. =D=[:D][face_love]

19. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, I really enjoyed the sweetness and devotion here! [face_love] It makes so much sense that Leia would be thinking of and longing for her parents when she's about to become a parent herself -- in another life, they would have been there in a heartbeat. :( It's really endearing how Han is earnestly there for her in this moment, but they also just can't help but start to heckle each other. Nowadays it's heckling with unabashed love, though! [face_laugh] )

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yay Han/Leia! [face_dancing] What a tender and not-often-talked-about moment you've chosen here, with them expecting the twins and not quite knowing what to expect (which is a tough enough proposition when you're expecting just one)! Totally understandable that embarking on such a big new journey would bring out Leia's memories of her parents, and I too love what a good and earnest listener Han is in this moment. He truly is a big softie, when it comes right down to it! :D Thanks for capturing this sweet moment and sharing it with the challenge--always glad to have you on board! =D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Han and Leia together and expecting the twins. Han teasing her in his unforgettable way

22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Cute little moment between Han and Leia, really shows how far they've come sibce their vitriolic relationship in the OT. And of course with Leia mentioning the twins are coming we know their story is far from over yet. :)

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Gaaaaah, but THIS! So, you know that your stories always leave me smiling, but this one felt truly special. I really loved every word. [face_love]

Just:

Yep, every single one of those exclamation points are valid and well deserved! [face_laugh] I love the role reversal we see in this, too, from how Han and Leia are typically portrayed: with Han comforting and calming a panicking Leia. They really are there for and support and bring out the best in each other, in every way. [face_love]

Oh, Leia! =((

Of course she would miss Bail and Breha more than ever now, and wishes they were still there both for her and to meet their grandchildren. A beautiful moment as Leia allows herself to grieve and accept comfort for her grief! Which are two things she often shrugs aside for others, our strong warrior princess being who she is!

Oh Han, you ol' scoundrel you. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] [face_love] And then there's just that delicious, quintessential H/L banter we all know and love. Classic and perfect as chocolate and peanut butter!

Thanks for sharing this delightful answer to the challenge - again! [face_love] =D= [:D]