main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 3, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'm glad Ahmed Best will be getting his due and look forward to what he brings, but I doubt the show will amount to much.

indydefense and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I might have said that when it was on D+, but the move to Youtube is lowkey brilliant in the long run- WAY more visibility and possibility for popularity.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Looks fun. Not made for me, but still makes me happy that it exists.

It looks a little bit like The Crystal Maze with Richard Ayoade, but more kiddy and with rather less snark.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This TV show is definitely going to destroy my childhood.

indydefense likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Why didn't this exist when I was a kid?
    I won't watch this but it looks like something kids might love. And it's great to see Best back in a SW project.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good to see Best back in Star Wars. I might watch one episode for fun to see what they do.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would have killed to participate in this when I was a lad and I am glad it exists as an adult.

But I have a nagging suspicion I would end up on some sort of watchlist were I to sit and watch it at my age.

8. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    My kids are going to love this.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe they didn't have a full season in the can when the pandemic lockdown hit so they moved what episodes they had to YouTube instead of Disney plus. Also I'm fairly certain that I read/heard somewhere that it is produced by the same crew that makes The Star Wars Show on YouTube so that also may have been a factor in putting it on YouTube instead.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Seems like a good decision.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks silly, in a good way for kids. Nothing I'd watch at all. It would've made a good tie-in with Galaxy's Edge had they stuck with the original plan to make it non ST related.

The kid in me still, I'd prefer a Dark Temple challenge - I'd rather be a Sith.o_O

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Forces of Destiny was a YouTube series that aired on tv and was eventually on D+, this may happen here too

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    So is this jedi gonna be canon to the universe now?

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think he would, basically sometimes with "canon" you take a "artistic license" to it. So Best's Jedi Master was probably a guy who put youngling Padawans through various training and trails and this would be metaphorically representative of it, if not hard factual canon "truth"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Final challenge. Good luck, younglings.

[​IMG]

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Not even the younglings survived

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well the production design is definitely elaborate (that ship shot is great), Best has enthusiastic delivery (of course we already knew that), seeing a few kids repeatedly faceplant in the first round was kinda funny & hey Frank Oz Yoda voice cameo! Worth checking out the first episode but can't really commit to all of the episodes since it'll basically be the same (nicely designed) sets and challenges over and over. Someone tell me if anyone ever uses the Sam Witwer voiced Dark side shortcut

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008