main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Race" Relations (was "U.S. Society and Black Men")

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Aug 11, 2014.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes.

That's why it's a virtual walkout. ;)

(They are using internal communications to say they're taking the day off to support the protesters)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Got any proof that it’s undercover cops? don’t say that unless you got some facts to back it up.

Giving out wrong information at this time is not helping anyone

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The good ones should resign and make it known why they’re doing so.

Darth Guy likes this.
  4. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I'm nobody in forum not someone that has platform. Is my opinion. Cops themselves responding violating to peaceful black protests and turning everything into riots is also very obvious to everyone. There were some twitter posts I and others included in this very thread on what looks like undercover cops.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wasn’t saying that I was asking if you had evidence to suggest undercover cops were insighting violence.

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    If the good ones resign and the bad ones don't get fired, who's left in the police department?

7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    What exactly is patronizing about it?
    If you think your job is important for society as a whole, but are deeply unhappy with how large elements of your colleagues behave, why shouldn't you have the right to protest?

If anything, denying those who have done nothing wrong to participate as well is patronizing. You are basically telling them "even though you couldn't have done anything about it, it is still your fault, and you do not get to help bring change". That is just ignorant.

Now, with those who do a PR-stunt and don't really care about the matter, you might have a point. But outright denying everyone the right to participate in the protests is just weird. They are humans as well, and part of the community. They have every right to demand justice and proper behaviour from the workforce they are associated with.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I have tremendous empathy for Chicago's black police officers. Many if not most if not all feel solidarity with the protesters abut also are likely heartbroken about south and west side destruction and loss of life last night in all the shootings (17 people dead with latest update). Police in the Austin neighborhood near my house were hopelessly outmatched last night.

9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @Outsourced
    Why is someone's "history" important to you. What do you mean by "history?" Aren't you barely out of high school? This guy or gal may have been registered as a board member before you were born.

Are you a moderator on here? You are not. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself. You should be focused on coming up with your own original and unique ideas and then sharing them. Instead, seems that you feel inclined to consistently deride other people's posts, calling them derogatory names, overusing stale memes, and placing labels on people.

I take it you do not have experience protesting and being pepper-sprayed by police. Yet, in this thread, you have suggested protestors should be prepared to attack law enforcement officers with violence in the event they are pepper-sprayed. You have listed no experience in terms of the peaceful marches and protests you have joined or organized.

A human being wrote this. I'm a human being. I'm not a fictional bot.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    “Let my building burn. Justice needs to be served.”
    -Minneapolis business owner

11. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm not sure what justice has been served by him losing his building / business to a rampaging mob. It's not like the police are going to be forced to pay out to him to cover his losses is it?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  12. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    You’re paying attention, aren’t you? So are a lot of other people. That’s in no small part because buildings and other property are burning down. These protests aren’t so easily tuned out or marginalized.

13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    There's audio leaked of Trump raging at the governors for being too weak and needing to 'dominate' the protests. He's sounds unhinged, and more so than usual. Per NYT, he was hiding in the basement of the WH last night, with the lights out (the last time the WH was dark was in 1889), as the protesters in the street neared.

Symbolic
    [​IMG]

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't say anything about rights so don't bother with that.

The abusers protesting alongside the abused is perverse.

If they want to protest, then go on strike separately and demand departmental changes. Stop covering for their fellow officers, which nearly all of them do. Start talking and naming names. Start taking the witness stand. Until they do these things, they're the enemy. They're complicit. And I wouldn't want them standing next to me or anywhere near me. I'd be disgusted by their presence.

Standing alongside people as if you're one of them when in reality you're actually aligned with their abusers is disgusting, snake-like behavior.

At best, it feels like appropriation. It strikes me as patronizing in the way a white man joining a black group for black people can be patronizing, or a woman's group for women. You don't belong. It's not for you. Except it's worse. This protest isn't just for the victims of cops, it's against the cops themselves.

vncredleader and KnightWriter like this.
  15. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    What I don't get is what in the world this despicable animal was thinking when he was killing Floyd? It's not like he didn't know he was being film, people were yelling at him for god's sake. How could he not know what would happen? The only think I can think of that was going through his sick mind while he was smiling smugly at the people who were filming him was that the COVID pandemic would still overshadow his crime, maybe people would be too afraid to gather and protest.

16. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I hope it leads to change then, because it will be a heavy price to pay for the people who support this protest (who wouldn't?) but at the same time stand to lose their livelihoods to the element intent on burning, stealing and destroying stuff off the back of it.

17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    If you think some property going up in flames is a heavy price, wait till you hear about what Black families have been dealing with for centuries, particularly those who have lost members to police violence.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A lot of people already don’t support this protest, and didn’t support the peaceful protests that they now claim they would support.

If they actually had supported the peaceful protests and helped enact change instead of standing in the way of it, there probably would not be looting now.

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Other cops have been filmed in the past, and let go. They are protected by the system. So this cop felt privileged enough that he could use brutal force, even as it killed someone pleading for their life, while being filmed doing it.

20. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Not just property, probably peoples' livelihoods. It's counterproductive ultimately.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's sad that people are abandoning peaceful protests after the last fifty or so peaceful protests for each time another police officer brutally killed someone didn't change anything. Maybe the fifty-first time was going to be when massive reform would've kicked in!

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    You still going on?

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Did you think he meant justice would be served by him losing his building? He knew it wouldn't, but didn't care. He was willing to let it go, preferring the focus be on police brutality instead of his business.

You, somehow failing to understand this, chose to bring the focus back to the building which he willingly surrendered.

But your concern trolling has been noted.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey, and a white supremacist group decided to show up at a protest pretending them supported it, in Tampa. How do we know this? Because they livestreamed it.