main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I got an idea (inspired by Mav!) and I'm super excited to write it. Though it deals with events mentioned in the fic I'm currently working on so I have to finish this one first. Let's see of the muse will cooperate!

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  3. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful, wonderful! Index updated. [face_dancing] As usual, please check to make sure I've got things in there accurately!

@Kahara, since your first entry was out of competition, I am guessing you want this one to be in competition, right? That's where I've listed it for now, but please confirm. :)

If my count is correct, we are now at 12 in-competition entries and 6 out-of-competition entries! Nothing short of amazing! :cool:

4. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    @Captain Rakkaus : Yes, this latest one is a regular in-competition thing. Thanks! :)

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The 500 word maximum, limits the chances of responses turning into WIPs, and which probably adds to the popularity.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I did it! it's not great, but I love writing dialogue so I'm not going to miss any excuse to write a pure dialogue fic!

12. things you said when you thought I was asleep/38. Things you said when I was sick.

Man-Flu: Far Future
    (459 words)

It is WW with OCs though you don't need to know anything about them. And, honestly if you replace the names and earthisms, it totally could be Pan/Teilo

7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, Bri, got it in the index! And it’s Elvie and Rose Santos, right? (Just want to make sure I have the names right.)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes. Sorry I didn't add that.

Findswoman likes this.
  9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hi all! Just a reminder that there are two (2) weeks left in the Things You Said challenge, which comes due June 21! We’ve gotten an amazing crop so far, and as always I look forward to seeing what the final lineup will be! :)

10. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Got it in the ad-hoc index. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My body is being a bit of an uncooperative butt lately (I swear my brain and my body just don't wanna work at the same time) but I really wanted to write some Pan Organa/Teilo Kunsa so I decided to write an out of competition entry for the challenge: Exploration is up. I used 16. “Things you said with no space between us” and it is 336 words.

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Fantastic! Got it in the index, thanks so much. :)

Wow, so, this makes 8 out-of-competition entries and 13 in-competition, and there's still just under 2 weeks to go... I'm floored at this harvest of stories. There just seems to be something about these vignettes, I guess! :D

Kit', Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Like Raissa, I can't stop. My muse seems to really like this challenge! :D

As Long as We're Together - Jim Holden/Naomi Nagata from The Expanse

Kit', Mira_Jade , Kahara and 4 others like this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I, too, have to jump on the just can't stop train! :p I have another ad hoc entry to share and then one last one that I'll be adding before it's all said and done. My muse is just smitten!

So, here we are with Cara and Din again in A Great Honor to Hold You Up. [face_love]

Kit', mavjade , Kahara and 2 others like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT! [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_love] [face_laugh] Voting will be impossible this time! [face_party] [face_mischief]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Kit', mavjade , Kahara and 3 others like this.
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Kahara, Findswoman and Mira_Jade like this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Are you allowed to enter this multiple times? Cause I got one in me........but have already done a joint with @Anedon

Ok, so I can do one without entering it as I have entered with Anedon.....I get it, but wouldn't even know where to put it.......... :(

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Wow, lots of updates! I think I’ve got them them all; if I’ve missed anything, just let me know. :)

And just as a reminder, there is now one week left in the challenge—due date is June 21.

Yes, you’re more than welcome to do another as an ad-hoc / out-of-competition entry. :) I’m not quite sure what you mean by “where to put it,” but I’ve got things covered in terms of sorting the index, so all you’d have to do is post the link here in the thread when it’s written, as usual.

That said: if you’ve written more than one and want to swap the in-competition one out for a different one, that is fine, too. So if you wanted to, you and @Anedon could swap the one you’ve written together to being out of competition, and enter your newer ones as in-competition, and that would be fine. Let me know if that’s something you would like to do. (And anyone may do that before the deadline hits!)

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I don't have anything of my individual work here.....well I did like 15 years ago, but not now. Not swapping out, might have to put some of my own fictions up again........some of the newer stuff maybe? I was just playing around mostly ;)

Kahara, Findswoman and Anedon like this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I was able to sneak in one more of these before the challenge ended! We're Swallowing Light ('Til We're Fixed From the Inside), features Cara and Din, again, this time for #5: things you didn't say at all. [face_love]

Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful challenge, again! It's been a great source of inspiration - and, of course, a veritable feast of wonderful stories to read in return! I have to echo @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha in saying that voting is going to be impossible coming up. [face_laugh] [face_dancing] [face_love]

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, got it in the index, @Mira_Jade , thank you so much! And since you mention voting, which I can absolutely believe will be difficult this time around...

...I am pleased to announce that all the entries are in for our wonderful Things You Said Challenge, and that it is VOTING TIME!!!

First off, let me just say how impressed I was by both the quantity and quality we got on this one--I'm just that this relatively simple idea inspired so many folks and such wonderful contributions! (And once again, I have to acknowledge the awesome original prompt list from bagelswrites's Tumblr, without which this challenge never would have happened. Round of applause, please! =D= =D= =D= )

So, now, here are the THIRTEEN (13) AMAZING stories we have in competition for this challenge:
    • The Happiest We Ever Were by devilinthedetails, featuring Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker (19. things you said when we were the happiest we ever were)
    • If Only by Jâd Sphera, featuring Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker (11. things you said when you were drunk)
    • YOU DID WHAT?!! by Anedon and Adalia-Durron, featuring OCs Marie Firestone and Adrian Malek (36. things you said but didn’t mean)
    • Being in the Light by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, featuring Kyp Durron and OC Sevrina Bendal (16. things you said with no space between us)
    • Unspoken by divapilot, featuring OCs Breha Solo and Blue Akahai (14. things you said after you kissed me)
    • ...At the Kitchen Table (part 1 of Things You Said) by Raissa Baiard, featuring OCs Doran Blayne and Raissa Baiard Blayne (13. things you said at the kitchen table)
    • Pun Away by Kit', featuring OCs Namia and Taeyn (23. things you said [make your own]—"things you said when you were teasing")
    • Don't Tell Me Goodbye (NSW: The Expanse) by mavjade, featuring James Holden and Naomi Nagata (31. things you said right before goodbye and 32. things you said right after hello)
    • Know This by Name by Mira_Jade, featuring Carasynthia Dune and Din Djarin (7. things you said while we were driving)
    • Things You Said When We Were (Finally) Alone by TheRynJedi, featuring OCs Sennah and Danyal of Clan Itanno (24. things you said when we were alone)
    • How’d He Get In? Intruder Portal by Sith-I-5, featuring Rey and Kylo Ren (28. things you said in the dark)
    • You Shine So Bright (And I Light the Night) by Kahara, featuring Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila (6. things you said under the stars and in the grass)
    • Man-Flu: Far Future (NSW: The West Wing) by Briannakin, featuring OCs Elvie Santos and Rose Santos (12. things you said when you thought I was asleep and 38. Things you said when I was sick)

I also want to acknowledge the twelve (12) wonderful out-of-competition stories that came in, many of which were further contributions by authors who also submitted in-competition stories--further evidence of our amazing turnout this time!

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on July 6. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list, vote for an out-of-competition story (that's why they're hidden under the handy-dandy spoiler cut), etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about July 7 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting! :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    divapilot, Sith-I-5, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Read all the challenge entries and voted. Wow that was tough. There are so many good entries that it was almost impossible to choose only one.

24. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hi again, everybody!

Time to announce the winners of our immensely popular and successful OTP Challenge #15: Things You Said!

Yes, you read that right--it's winners in the plural, because we had a two-way tie! And they are.... drum roll, please...
    Congratulations to our winners on some truly wonderful work! [face_party] And a round of applause to all THIRTEEN (13) of our competing authors for making this challenge the amazing success that it was--one of the most successful this thread has seen! What a wonderful bunch of writers and stories! =D=

Thank you all once again, and, as always, do watch this space... our next challenge is right around the corner and will be posted in the next few days! :D