main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Hence why I used it now when I could! [face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Raise your hand if you want me to explain Bast 1.0 and Bast 2.0. I figure I owe anyone who wants an explanation one now that I've had two headlines about it. :p

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That was enough. ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I guess the answer we were looking for was in the most awesome, dramatic way possible. :D
    [face_rofl] That was too funny!

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully this makes sense. My father passed away this morning. I'd really, really appreciate it if everyone here would agree to put the game on hold for just one week. I don't want to be gifted a bonus for circumstances and I don't want to miss out on a post to tell Trazi's story. I could have just pm'd @Trieste but I wanted everyone to know. My dad got me into sports, especially the NFL and the Green Bay Packers as my dad was from Milwaukee so lots of my writing for this game was made possible by him. Not to mention all my armature sports he attended and chauffeured me to over the years. Bonus points for taking me to NBA and MLB games. Super bonus points for my dad telling me that the Knicks City Dancers were more entertaining than the Knicks themselves and inspiring me to play Lucie

Peace and love

Vehn, greyjedi125, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That is a like of sympathy from me. Losing a parent is tough, especially one who was so inspirational from the sounds of it.

I don't have a vote these days, but I do support pausing the game for a short time. IMO it's the right thing to do here, especially seeing as how so much of your writing is connected to your father.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    My profound condolences. @jcgoble3 said it well, but I personally can't even imagine the impact of such a loss. I'll make an announcement about the game schedule in the next couple of days while I consider the matter and any input folks care to share.

Vehn, greyjedi125 and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    My condolences Runner. As to scheduling, I am good with whatever you decide Trieste.

10. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    My condolences @Runjedirun ! The loss of any family member is world changing, especially now during a time of constant world changing events. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sent from my comlink using Tapatalk

11. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Runjedirun

You have my condolences friend, peace be to you and yours during these trying times.

We are not acquainted, but as a member of this community and one who RPed as a spectator in the game ages ago, I wish to share my support. Be well friend.

12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Condolences @Runjedirun take all the time you need, and I'm fine with taking a week off.

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    My condolences @Runjedirun so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm fine with taking a week off.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And this is why I continue to find joy and happiness in this game: the people who are part of it. :)

Official GM Decision (you know it's official because decision is capitalized): no scores this week in memory of RJR Senior.

If anyone's got an itch to post, I personally was thinking of calling into the Rancor Pit to talk about ELL at the 1/3 mark of the season and how everything's shaping up. Might even get some talk about college rankings with the right guest. ;)

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Welcome back @SWNerd11! Glad to see the Monarchs getting some love again. :D
    "Legitimate ledger." [face_laugh] That's how you know things are going to be fun!

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and SWNerd11 like this.
  16. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Yea, I thought it was time to bring a more liberal interpretation of the word legitimate back to the ELL ;)

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Can't wait to see Alana's reaction to the latest ranking!

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I know exactly what her reaction is going to be. :D

Also, it's pretty amazing that we had two three-way ties in ELL this week, but based on the games played I could break all of those ties on head-to-head record alone. Granted, that's not as important right now (especially with only 1 game separating all the teams--which is pretty cool for the halfway mark of the league), but still nice that I can do that rather than pretend I'm doing it and not telling you all that I'm not bothering to figure it out. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Roy Cardan says, "You stole my line."

[​IMG]

[face_laugh]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I forgot to note it in the game thread, but the Mercs did indeed receive "just" a 40. I rolled a max out 0-1 random number for them and it came up 0, even though I tend to forget it because 40s come along so infrequently. Now that point differential is the next tiebreak after head-to-head, these rolls are even more important than in past seasons. You all have permission to call me out if I don't explicitly say that a max out roll was performed to keep me honest. :D

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'll be honest here, I hadn't even thought of it. :p

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, SWNerd11 and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As all of you should have been notified via mention, there's an interview with me up here in the RPF where I talk about GMing limmie. As I say there (but it's worth saying again), this game wouldn't exist--let alone wouldn't have gone on for 10 years--without all of you. The fact that everyone involved with the game has been with it for years astounds me. I have a tremendous amount of fun with all of you and though I might organize things, there's no fun in organizing an empty room. :p

Thank you all for being part of ELL through the years!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I didn't get a TAG either, but it could be because each one was done after a bullet point, and I've never gotten TAGS to work if they're the first text on a line (I'm assuming bullet points work the same as the regular board code in this regard).

That being said, awesome interview!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Trieste likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.