main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, what you're saying is that the 57 cops possibly unprofessionally and violently took out their personal frustrations on a citizen.

And, yet you are confused by public demands for better accountability for our police...

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Look at it this way you never hear anyone complain about the fire department. That’s because the fire department does its job and doesn’t racially profile people. If the police didn’t racially profile people either people would have a lot less problems with the police.

they would still have some problems but a lot less.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In education this crap is happening. Which is why a lot of buildings and districts are requiring cultural sensitivity training and unions are encouraging it.

Quite the opposite of what happens in police departments and with police unions.

And if a teacher assaults a kid (even if the kid is being belligerent), refuses to get medical help for the kid, and gets fired—you won’t find any teacher with a shred of humanity supporting that person, much less 57 of them, nor will you find a union backing him or her up.

Ghost, bizzbizz, Nobody145 and 3 others like this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would certainly hope so. I never dreamed that we would get a president worse than Bush, and then we got one with Trump. Trump started to alarm and piss me off in 2015, but only when Hillary was nominated did I know that Trump would probably win. Even if Trump loses, which he probably will, the problems we will deal with will take long time to remedy, if our lousy, corrupt excuses for leaders even try to do so.

Power elites tend to do what they want. The Supreme Court makes liberal social decisions, but remains pretty corporatist. Same with the rest of the establishment.

Juliet316, vncredleader and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bush didn’t wreck the country or at least I have a different definition of wrecked than you. Bush was horrible. A wrecked country is a country that no longer exists or is in a civil war.

JEDI-RISING and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That is a really strange way of defining "wrecked". You are describing "destroyed", but beyond that Bush's crime is more about wrecking civil liberties and by your definition wrecking several nations. We are not the only ones who matter, scratch that, we are the ones who matter least as a country as we are the ones harming everyone else

The man ran torture programs and opened the door for all this spying on the citizenry, how is that not wrecked?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Ghost, Abadacus and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Good to see that you're outright endorsing white nationalists at this point...

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    There's no way Tucker is getting the tiki-torch handed to him by the Trump cult. Not when there's Don Jr. and Ivanka around.

9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Carlson has all the personality of a wet paper bag, and he knows he could never run. Why would he, though? He effectively has a president that pretty much does whatever he wants and he has a personal line of communication to.

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    https://jacobinmag.com/2020/07/carnegie-museums-pittsburgh-union

eehhhh awesome news in Pittsburgh. Grew up going to these museums, found it strange they are still named after the monster who brutally suppressed our workers, same goes for Frick his lackey. One of my dreams would be to get to work at one of our amazing museums so this is particularly uplifting. Give em hell

Abadacus likes this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Reminds me of my statement a couple of years ago that Trump is a wannabe pimp who couldn't manage his way out of any paper bag. The irony is that Trump has mainly been begging Carlson for advice lately, I've read.

There are a lot of Republicans out there who espouse similar perspectives. Despite the allegations against Biden, he apparently doesn't have a toxic reputation like Hillary Clinton did. I guess it's because he is far less annoying when he talks. Or something.

My parents are kind of unique insofar as dad has always been the liberal one and Mom has been the conservative one. Most trans kids have it the other way around. Having said that, my Mom has been just as accepting of me as Dad has been, and she is in favor of gun control and environmental regulations. I just don't think she was paying attention to the people for whom she would vote until 2016. Between the early 1970s and 2012, she always voted for Republicans. But Trump turned her off in 2016 because she believed the sexual assault allegations against him and she thought he had "bad manners." And now she dislikes him even more.

Anyhow, the thing is that Bush was an example of the banality of evil. He was not a bad person by nature. He was corrupted by power (and by people like Cheney and Rumsfeld). If he had simply remained the owner of a baseball team, he wouldn't have done much harm in the world. In contrast, Trump was already corrupt and vile before he became president, and power made him worse. You'll never see me defend people like Cheney, Rumsfeld, or Wolfowitz, for I have disliked them since high school for their crimes. But there's an argument to made that Stephen Miller, William Barr, Mike Pompeo, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, and Betsy DeVos are worse than Bush's advisors in some ways. I mean, Stephen Miller is a white nationalist. 'Nuff said.

blackmyron likes this.
  12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    on the 4th of July Michael Flynn put out a video swearing allegiance to Qanon

13. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Anyone who doesn't bend a knee to the PC mob and pledge allegiance that everything about this country should be torn down, including statues of George Washington, is a white nationalist to you so your labels are meaningless to me.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

The right is freaking out about Ilhan Omar being correct again.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm always sceptical on this, unless said individual actually puts their vote where their mouth is.

The one possible bright spot is Trump's administration doesn't have a Cheney. They're awful people but Cheney was creatively malign. Though, from what a few have posted here, it sounds like Barr is doing his best attempt to be Trump's Cheney.

Juliet316 and vncredleader like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Trump's "Cheney" imploded after a few months of Bannon getting the spot light just a little more than Trump. And so he had to go.

But yeah, Barr has taken the Darth Vader mantle on this now.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Whatever I typed here didn’t make a lick of sense ignore it

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. What is that saying about how racism is so ingrained in America that when you protest it, people think you are protesting America?

I think you just demonstrated that.

19. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    America was named after Amerigo Vespucci who owned slaves. Do you think the country should be re-named? Is anyone who doesn't think it should a racist?

20. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    lol reverse uno card time

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Sure, why not? It's just a name.

22. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    If it's just a name , why should it be renamed?

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    These are trying times for you, aren't they?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it’s just a name is something the right also uses. More like it’s a name of a horrible person.

no one is asking for the name change of America.

Okay some might be but it’s never going to be taken seriously.

we can keep the names. But I personally want context. I want people to know how bad Columbus was. I want people to know that Andrew Jackson was a monster and a ****ing moron. That’s what I want. I want history to be shown for what it truly is and not to glorify people.

25. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Yes it is, bend a knee to every ideal the mob has or your a racist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.