main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sad news about Sith-I-5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Jul 17, 2020.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    My heart dropped reading this a minute ago.

He was a big help with fanfic and a nice guy to talk to. Wish I’d kept in touch in PM more.

I feel terrible for him, his family and friends and those who also knew him on here.

May the Force be with you always @Sith-I-5

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  3. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I first encountered @Sith-I-5 because he was the only other person I've ever met that had read the Necroscope/E-Branch novels, a series he often wrote fanfics for over in NSWFF.

I remember one time he noticed a user had suddenly stopped posting after he'd reviewed their story and was so concerned he'd said something wrong that he reached out to the rest of the forum for advice on how to make it right. He'd only ever interacted with this person once and might never again, but it didn't matter to Sith-I-5. That's just the kind of thoughtful dude he was.

I-5 would later join us over in the Gentleman's Writing Guild. While I'm quite sure he would have fit right in regardless, he took the time to go through all 370+ pages to learn our history and how best to contribute. He participated in a couple of challenges and was with us until the GWG closed down. Fittingly, he had the last words in a thread of 9,340 posts and I'd like to share a bit of it because I think it's appropriate now more than ever:

Well said. The next round's on me, bud.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Heard this sad news off site a little while back.

Sad of course and to @Sith-I-5 :

@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-

5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Exeter , that quote was @Sith-I-5 to a T. Thank you for finding that quote. :) It warmed my heart to read that from Sith. @};-

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Wow. I completely missed this news. I-5 was one of the first people to greet me in the Welcome Section back in 2015. I remember seeing him around, and he always seemed like a chill guy.

I hate finding out when people who are part of a forum community pass away. My condolences to his family and friends.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    An update is over at the Sith-I-5 - Official Notice in the Role Playing Forum. But I'll post it here as well.

I learned about this yesterday and I had let @greyjedi125 know late that night (nearly midnight my time). After work now, here we go. @Sith-I-5 has been laid to rest and given his final farewell. He was given a full lightsaber honor guard per one of his closet friends on Facebook who attended the funeral.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020