main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

One can only dream.

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It doesn't matter how good Bad Batch is or Mandalorian S2 or whatever movies or TV comes out in the future, there'll always be some ***hole who'll bring up how much they hated TLJ/ the sequel trilogy/ the prequels/ just for the sake of saying 'Star Wars is dead!'

There will always be some rift in the fandom over something.

Yet, to quote Doctor Who, 'the good things don't soften the bad things but the bad things don't necessarily ruin the good things'

BRE and Darth Chuck Norris like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course. But I think the intensity and breadth of fan conflict will dissipate.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh]

It’s like it’s your first day here. :p

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm sure all the hatred of TLJ will all be forgotten once Rian Johnson's trilogy gets an official release date....[face_tee_hee]

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    that's when the fandom menace is in full force.[face_devil]

https://t.co/LqME9PzkTT?amp=1

I can see this show giving as an Kamino uprising arc that develops trough the whole season and season ends with The clone rebellion that probaly happens soon after order 66 and how they fear the empire respond to their former allies.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We’ve never had a situation where there was so much Star Wars film and TV content to choose from. So I stand by it! There will be teeth-gnashing and all that jazz, but I bet we’ll never again see the type of hostility and divisiveness we saw during the PT and ST. I’m willing to bet my...Constable Zuvio black series on it.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Just wait until we get that female lead show and all the hate will come forth.

El_Machete12 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You’re probably right about it not being as divisive once they move away from the Saga. Both the PT and ST had to deal with fan’s built-in expectations for where the story would go and suffered intense criticism when it failed to live up to some of those expectations. With new stories it’ll be different. There will still be divisiveness but hopefully not as bad. I really just wanted to make fun of you. :p

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Probably not until we see Ep 10-12 will we see some sort of teeth bashing again.

Pretty much but those types of folks aren't worth bothering with.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2020
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I hate you.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Disney never learn. Yes they need content for there streaming service but it doesn't matter about the amount of content but whether its good or not and whether it is actually telling a story to keep people invested in it. Now thus far to me a lot of Disney's Starwars content has been mediocre at best with lots of rehashing.
    Now if I'm not satisfied you best believe I'm going to say so as is my right as much as your right is to praise it.

@Jid123Sheeve I'm down for a Mara Jade show :D

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Given the very high quality of the Mandalorian, I have little reason to suspect that the standard will slip.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Its not bad but its pretty meh for me. To much video game side quest filler, not Boba Fett has to kill a space Rhino at one point, as well as a lot of rehashing. Youve got not Boba Fett hanging out with a not Yoda baby. Theres the whole freeze the Bounties in carbonite. Hell he even goes shoots up some Jawas on not Tatoonie.
    The only actor/character really worth anything is Carl Weathers Bount hunter chief the rest aren't worth much.
    If it wants to be more than just known for baby Yoda Gifs/toys it needs to up it game substantially.

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    And given the very low quality of Rebels and Resistance, and how bad the Bad Batch arc was, I'm have little faith in expecting their standards to rise, especially when it's been confirmed for a Bad Batch series. And since Disney does have a history of pumping the same show over and over and seeing what will stick and become a hit, I don't expect that to change whether it's the animation side, or the live tv side.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    For me the Bad Batch arc wasn't bad (no pun intended) it was just forgettable, just paint by the numbers stuff they've done a million times before . The Mortez Sisters arc now, that was bad.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We'll they'll always be the people who just dislike everything these days for one reason or another, but at that point what can you do aside from keep moving forward and if they wanna get off the journey well that's fine by them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2020
  18. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Bad Batch started off good, and got progressively worse. Maybe not to the point of being bad, but bad enough to not warrant a show launched from the arc. And yes, the Martez sisters arc was horrible. Quite possibly the worst Clone Wars arc out there.

fett 4 likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Fine by them? Speak for yourself. People still want Star Wars, but do not like the Star Wars that Lucasfilm has been making. Why should those people be happy that they dislike this "New Coke" Star Wars?

fett 4 likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Jesus. I can’t imagine looking at the world in such a prosaic way. To strip Chapter 2 of the Mandalorian down to just “shoots up Jawas on not Tatooine,” is like describing D-Day as an argument on the beach.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    "Prosaic way" ! You mean wanting original content is Prosaic [face_dunno]

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What previous Star Wars content gave us a lone wolf and cub story, with a Mandalorian bounty hunter and a child alien as protagonists, set in the aftermath of the Empire’s fall? You’re missing the forest for the trees.

Force Smuggler and El_Machete12 like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

We could be seeing this in sping of 2021. So maybe this coming in juni?

MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems i was little way off it comes in around march-may month cycle. Witch may suggest another animated series coming end of 2021, like he rumored Rebels sequel.?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  25. GreenFiend20

GreenFiend20 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2020
    I can see no one will have faith in The Bad Batch and continue to believe it’s a bad idea. So, in response to the pushback against this show, I made a rebuttal to the haters and skeptics. But, I have chosen to make this rebuttal in a clever way. So, without further a do,
    here’s my rebuttal against the skeptics of “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” in the form of a parody I did by way of the song “You’ll Be Back” from “Hamilton”:

[piano plays for 10 seconds]

You say...
    A show with these clones is not something that will make you stay.

Go cry...
    Somewhere please. I want to have fun here in the sky.

Why so mad?
    I thought Dave Filoni still had all your trust here today.
    Now you're making him saaaaad.

Remember, despite skep-ti-cism, Filoni’s your maaaan

You'll be back, soon you'll see
    what a great amazing show this will be.

You'll be back, time will tell.
    And you’ll see Filoni serves you well.

Concerns rise, but doubts will fall
    when this show hits Disney Plus next fall.

And when push comes to shove,
    you’ll come running straight back around to give Filoni all your love!

Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da
    Da da dat dat da ya da!
    Da da dat dat da

You say your int’rest is low and you can't go oooooooonnnn.

But next year, You'll be surprised so I’ll be caaaaaallllm.

So no, don't change the subject.
    You’re all Filoni’s subjects
    His sweet and loyal subjects.
    Yes, loyal, royal subjects.
    Forever and ever and ever and ever and eveeeeeeeeer

You'll be back like before.
    Dave will fight the fights and win Star Wars.

For your love, for your praise
    To last him until his dying days.

When he’s gone, you’ll be sad and see all of the great work that he’s had.
    'Cause when push comes to shove
    Dave will stretch himself so thinly to remind you of his love.

Da da dat dat da ya da!
    Da da dat—

Everybody!

Da da dat dat da ya da!
    Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da da da da
    Dat dat da ya da!

[END OF SONG.]