main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congrats to @Mira_Jade and @divapilot for winning, and thank you to everyone who participated for some marvelous stories=D=

Looking forward to the next challenge. These challenges are always good creativity sparks for me:D

Kahara, Mira_Jade , divapilot and 2 others like this.
  2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Congratulations, @Mira_Jade and @divapilot ! And congrats to everyone who entered. We had a bumper crop of great stories, it was hard to choose between them!

Kahara, Mira_Jade , divapilot and 3 others like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @divapilot and @Mira_Jade - congratulations -- and bravo to all the other entrants -- the voting was TOUGH! :) [:D]

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Thank you so much, and congrats to @Mira_Jade for her wonderful entry too!
    There really were so many great stories. Such talented folks here! =D==D==D=

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Me too.

Congratulations @divapilot, @Mira_Jade

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations on well-deserved wins to @divapilot and @Mira_Jade, and bravi a tutti! =D= What an awesome challenge this was!

8. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    ...me three... Oops. Busy weekend.

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow! Shucks, I'm honored, folks, because that was a fantastic bunch of stories. Any one of them could have won, and collectively I think that was one of my favorite OTP challenges yet. Everyone deserves a round of applause! Then I have to give a special congratulations for @divapilot, as well! Talk about mighty fine company to keep. [face_love] [face_dancing] [:D]

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats to Mira and diva!! =D==D=

This really was an awesome challenge!

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations to Mira and Diva! Amazing job! There were so many good entries and two very, very deserving winners of an amazing challenge! Such a fun idea @Captain Rakkaus and it was the spark for so many amazing stories.

Looking forward to the next challenge now :D

13. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats @Mira_Jade and @divapilot! =D= Very much enjoyed both stories and I think it was a well-earned tie there. [face_dancing] (Also, loved seeing the sheer number of fics for this one -- even if it did make picking even more challenging! :D)

14. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    And now it is my immense pleasure to announce our next challenge, kindly proposed by @Raissa Baiard. (Thank you so much, Raissa! @};- )

OTP Challenge #16: Milestones

The journey of true love is filled with so many special milestones:

First date
    First kiss
    First argument
    Engagement
    Wedding
    Anniversary (whether first or any later "landmark" one)
    News of expecting / preparing to adopt a child
    Birth/adoption of child
    Reunion after separation
    ...or come up with your own! (TOS-friendly, of course.)

Your challenge is a straightforward one: to choose one of these milestones, choose a couple, and write a story about it! :D

More than one person can choose to write about the same milestone (e.g., it’s OK if we end up with two wedding stories, or three engagement stories, or similar). And, of course, more than one person can choose to write about the same couple (e.g., it’s OK if we end up with two Luke/Mara stories, or three Ani/Padmé stories, or similar). As with all challenges in this thread, the TOS applies.

The challenge will run a little over eight (8) weeks, with entries due Sunday, September 6. A two-week voting period will follow.

Have fun and enjoy! [face_dancing]

Challenge Index:
    A Date with Destiny by Anedon and Adalia-Durron (featuring OCs Adrian Malek and Marie Firestone)—first date
    Light and Life by devilinthedetails (featuring Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala)—news of expecting a child
    And They Lived Happily Ever After, chapter 4 (featuring Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla)—wedding
    For the Love of the Lady by Kit' (featuring OCs Kithera Rinani and Del D'ladame)—reunion after separation
    Now You’re a Home by Mira_Jade (featuring Captain Rex and Ahsoka Tano)—first kiss, beginning of relationship

Out of Competition Index:
    Our Big Fat Lasat Wedding by Findswoman (featuring Garazeb “Zeb” Orrelios and OC Shulma Trilasha)—wedding

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  15. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Sigh, ok, ok, I'll get working on Sennah & Danyal's engagement/wedding story. Sheesh.

j/k, it's the next story on my list to write already, but my brain's been in a bit of a funk this week... Time to try to kick it into gear.

16. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  18. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Double-dipping with a Padme/Anakin milestone (news of expecting a child) for my 1500 Word Dash:

Light and Life

19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey folks! @Anedon and @devilinthedetails, just letting you know I’ve Now got your stories in the index further up this page. Sorry it’s taken me so long, things have been crazy! :p

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Me again, everyone. I guess I technically should have posted this two days ago—sorry about that!—but I did just want to remind you all that there's just about a month left on the current challenge. We have two wonderful entries already, and I can't wait to see what more will come in! :)

21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    So, I started something for this and am hoping I can finish it in not too much time:

Our Big Fat Lasat Wedding

Once again, it's out of competition, since I run the sock.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  22. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
  23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in, got it in! :) It’s neat how the three excellent stories in competition so far each deal with a different milestone (though I repeat that no one needs to worry about repeating... yes, see what I did there, how clever, or something... :p ). So exciting to see more stories coming in; keep it up, people! :)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    The start of my challenge posted (hopefully it'll all be finished in a week!

Chosen topic/category is: Reunion after separation

For the Love of The Lady

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, thanks, @Kit'! One thing, could you please remind me of the names of your couple, again, so I can list them properly in the index? Kithera Rinani and Del... what? :)