main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    [mention]Captain Rakkaus [/mention]- sorry! Kithera Rinani and Del D’ladame

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent, got it! Thanks so much! :)

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    So just to clarify that story is a collaboration between @Adalia-Durron and myself. Sorry if it came across as my work alone.

4. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    For the Love of the Lady is finished (minus the epilogue) and I'm pretty happy with it. Glad I got it done before all the drafting comes in tomorrow.

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Ah, sorry about that! I’ve fixed the listing now to include both of you. :)

Also, while I’m here, a quick reminder that there are two (2) weeks left before the current challenge comes due on September 6! [face_dancing]

6. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    And mine is finally complete! Yay! Now to read all the other entries!!!

7. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey, OTP-ers! This is your one (1)-week warning for our current challenge, OTP Challenge #16: Milestones, which comes due on Sunday, September 6! We've got some excellent stories in already, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else may come in! :)

8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  9. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Sigh, brain never did kick into gear on this (brain is interested in other stuff right at the moment). Sennah & Danyal's wedding story is going to be on the back burner for a while more.

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That’s all right, I’ll be more than delighted to read that whenever things work out for it to be ready. :) I’d been hoping to finish my own contribution by the deadline, but no chance of that now. :p

Though all that said, even stories posted after the deadline can still be listed in the challenge index—so go ahead and post whenever, and we can still list it. :)

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    My muse too was DOA for much of this summer and I finally had an idea hit me and inspire words only over the last few days. So! This is yet another short story, and I won't have it finished and the challenge requirements included by the deadline - but I certainly wanted to start it under the wire, if I could. I would be more than fine with this being considered an ad-hoc entry, as such. :)

Now You're a Home features a slightly-AU post-RoTS Rex/Ahsoka with a first kiss milestone. Beyond that, it's about grief and healing and finding light - and a bit of love - despite the dark. All the good stuff that makes up SW, basically. ;)

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful challenge again! Now, I look forward to catching up on reading the rest of the wonderful entries. [face_love] =D=

12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Ooh, excellent, a fifth entry, and it’s about a fifth milestone, too! Added to the index with pleasure. What a wonderful variety we’ve got! :D

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    [face_dancing] AAAAND VOTING TIME!!! [face_dancing]

All right, everyone! Time to VOTE in OTP Challenge #16: Milestones! Here are the five (5) excellent stories we have in the running, each of which turned out to center around a different milestone—how cool is that!

There’s also one out-of-competition entry, listed behind this spoiler cut to avoid confusion:
    Our Big Fat Lasat Wedding by Findswoman (featuring Garazeb “Zeb” Orrelios and OC Shulma Trilasha)—wedding

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Monday, September 21. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about Tuesday September 22 (barring all RL catastrophe). We will begin our next challenge shortly after that!

Happy reading and voting to all, and thanks for making this another great challenge! :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Wow! So many amazing fics that it's almost impossible to choose!

Also a good reminder that I need to read as much as I write because I keep missing out on all these great fics because I'm trying to get everything done all at once. Gah!

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And one week left to vote, people! Only two votes have come in so far; let’s see if we can get some more! :D

16. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now just four days left, and there are still only two votes in! Get 'em in, get 'em in, get 'em in, people! [face_dancing]

17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And me again—TWO DAYS LEFT TO VOTE, people! We can do this! :D

18. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    There are so many good fics too! Also if you read them you might be able to add some more fics to your readers challenge entry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  19. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I know, I know! I'm having a lot of trouble deciding, for real. (Thanks for the reminder, though. ;) )

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Just today and tomorrow left to vote, good people! (Yes, I know I’m being annoying and spammy! But I just love it SO MUCH when the votes come in—it makes my whole day! :D )

21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Aaaaaaaand LAST DAY! Get your votes in, folks! [face_dancing]

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    ALL RIGHTY, EVERYBODY! The results are in! [face_dancing]

Our winner for OTP Challenge #16: Milestones is:

And this time, it turned out we had a clear second-place winner as well:

Congratulations to our winners on a job very well done! [face_party] And many thanks to all those who contributed stories to this challenge and made it awesome. Well done, all! =D=

That officially wraps up this OTP Challenge. Look for our next challenge to appear tomorrow or the day after. Thank you all once again! :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  24. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations @Mira_Jade for an amazing story and a very much deserved win! Also congrats to @Raissa Baiard for second!

25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020