main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: More fall ball, more early college limmie scores!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Chaos in week three of the college boloball season as all but one of top four all lose, none bigger than KMI's loss to unranked Concord Dawn War College..."

"They got smoked in that game."

"Yeah, that was a bad look for the defending champs."

"VCU and Kashyyyk's losses were much closer..."

"Yeah, they won't fall far but it opens things up for teams schools like Bison, Hapes and Sposia Med..."

"The Doctors looked pretty good there."

"Of course nearer and dearer to one our host's hearts, The Ord Sabaok also took a tough loss that should see the StarBucks drop out of the top ten."

"Still playoff bound, still playoff bound."

"For now."

"While in the Bak10 University of Evanvale should be shooting up the ranks after their big win this week."

"Don't sleep on the Blue Birds there either, they are undefeated on the year so far."

"Oh no, not again."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week Three (LW)

1. University of Bison (3)
    2. University of Kashyyyk (1)
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (2)
    4. Sposia Medical University (6)
    5. Royal College of Hapes (5)
    6. Cloud City University, Bespin (8)
    7. Keldabe Military Institute (4)
    8. College of Fondordelphia (9)
    9. University of Csilla (7)
    10. University of Kuat (11)
    11. Verpine Technical Institute (13)
    12. The Ord Sabaok University (10)
    13. University of Evenvale (20)
    14. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (15)
    15. University of Zeltros (12)
    16. Chandrila A&M University (14)
    17. University of Coruscant (16)
    18. Druckenwell Technical University (17)
    19. University of Onderon Rupings (18)
    20. Bilbringi University (19)
    21. Grand Vulpter System University (21)
    22. Nessem University (22)
    23. Balmorra State University (25)
    24. University of Euceron (23)
    25. UB Cape Suzette (NR)

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    OOC: My son was 6 last fall, he played t-ball and loved it. One of those kids that ran across the field to get the ball, always wanted to play first base cause that’s where the action is. He was going to play coach pitch baseball last spring. Along came you know what, no ball in Spring. Fall ball was announced due to new rules of social distancing all children who didn’t turn 7 by Sept 1st are not allowed to play. My son turned 7 on Sept 7th. Found a t-ball class for him which finally starts tomorrow Sept 20th. This won’t affect my posting habits but at long last he finally gets to participate in something again.

IC Shannon Vigo

I’m so glad I uploaded this new novel to my data pad. The Starkillers game against the Monarchs is a snooze. The Starkillers didn’t score a point in the first half. I couldn’t tell you what the score is now, but I know it’s not good. I can hear fists slamming up against the plexiglass at the front of the box. I can tune out the anger towards the Starkillers. In the ELL it feels like we lose a lot. One conversation catches my ear that is hard to ignore. I hear my Aunt Lucie complain that if Uncle Ty were alive Ezra would be getting more attention as the keeper at Republican. She thinks they would be ranked if his last name was Vigo instead of Allin. She thinks somehow people forgot about Ty already. My dad tries to assure her that’s not true. Uncle Ty’s jersey swings in the rafter’s right above us. I don’t think anyone has forgotten him. I miss him. I wonder what he would tell me to do about my swim coach.

I look at the Miners score and see that they are winning again. I groan, Jimsey has all the luck. Maybe they need a good veterinarian on Bakura. I could go live with him until I can get a house of my own. I doubt he’d let me live with him, but anywhere seems better than this box of complaining, unhappy relatives. Even the Sandskimmers have lost their first two games this season. Highly unusual. Coach Sureysh has been killing it out there. It seems like every year we go to a Skimmer Ade League final. Cosmic Cherry is my favorite flavor of Skimmer Ade. That’s a drink my Uncle Spencer invented to help promote the team on Tatooine and now he’s signed a deal to sponsor the whole league. As if it would be hard to sell a thirst quenching liquid on Tatooine. The planet has two suns.

My father Ryan and I sit in silence in the speeder as we ride home. “You want an anchovy sandwich for dinner?” He offers as we walk in the house.

“Nah,” I say heading towards my room.

“You have to eat something,” he calls.

“Not hungry,” I say.

The anchovy sandwich arrives at my door about twenty minutes later. My dad can’t let me go hungry. He also brings a glass of the Cosmic Cherry Skimmer Ade. I realize I’m hungry so I take the food and drink. “How’s the extra swim practices going?” My father asks before leaving my room.

“Okay, I guess.” I manage. Luckily I don’t choke on an anchovy. That was an unexpected question.

“Rich wants to go to Bakura to see Jimsey play next week. I’m going to join him, do you want to come or stay and keep your grandmother company?”

“Stay here.” I do not want to see another Starkillers game ever, after today. And the reason my dad’s are going next week is because the Miners are playing the Starkillers. I can only imagine the score will be: Miners 200, Starkillers 6. You know cause eventually the Miners will put in their third string players and someone on the Starkilers will find the goal. I think. They never found it today, but one can hope they figure out where the goal is by next week.

I keep busy with school for the first part of the week. Swim practice goes well enough, but coach tries to apologize for asking me to participate in indoor track. I don’t know what to say to him. At first I tell myself none of this is his fault. Then I realize he should have stood up to whatever parent or parents talked to him in the first place.

That’s when I get an idea. I am going to speak up. Well not so much speak up. I just have an idea to let everyone at this school and on this planet know that I belong here. I belong on the swim team. Sure I have gills and I don’t have to lift my head out of the water to breath, but Mon Cals aren’t the fastest species in the water. I’m here at practice, honing my skills, just like every other species. It’s not any easier for me. I can’t lie on the couch and expect to be the fastest swimmer on the team.

I go to a site on the holonet that customizes items. I order a whole weeks’ worth of towels and have them printed with the words “Shannon Swims.” I think the message is clear. Hopefully the parents will see it and know they didn’t deter me.

Thursday night I pack a bag, grab Leo, whistle for Cuckoo and Puffers. My dad’s offer to help me carry my stuff, but I insist that I can trudge through the yard on my own. Louise has already left on the shuttle for Bakura. My father’s say their good-byes before heading to the spaceport. It’s just me and grandma Vigo now.

Grandma Vigo orders out for every meal. Louise often cooks when she is home, but Grandma says she had enough cooking when her kids were little. My package arrives with my towels and Grandma never even asks what’s in the box. Sunday morning I walk Cuckoo and Puffers, when I get back Grandma has my favorite Nachos with Seaweed and anchovies. She doesn’t eat them, but she ordered them just for me. I never get a plate of nachos to myself. I could get used to living with Grandma. I take my plate and start to head upstairs.

“Where you going?” My grandma asks.

“To study,” I answer. I don’t have lots of schoolwork, but I don’t have any interest in the game she’s about to watch.

“Your brother has a Limmie game, aren’t you going to watch.”

“I don’t want to see the Starkillers lose again,” I reply.

“It’s not about who wins or who loses. It’s about supporting your family. I’m sure they support you,” she reminds me.

“Fine!” I turn around and sit next to my Grandma on the sofa. I hope this 3 hours goes by quickly.

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Arkos Tathin
    Arkos's Apartment

It was well before his next shift another night round, and if his suspicions were right, it would be another Limmie night. He'd gotten up a little before and had some time to himself. The military had left him with a few quirks, checking corners when he entered a space, a wide vocabulary of swears in different languages and A habit of working out as soon as he woke up. PT was important in the military, gave structure, and kept you fit. While he was never as athletic as limmie players he could still run if his bike was broken.

A benefit or drawback of the routine, was it gave him time to think, to remember. Today his mind decided to remember something he wished he could forget. The last mission he went on, the last time he left the forward operating base on mission. It was supposed to be simple, just go to a bluff and observe a suspected White Star base, figure out if it was White Star and report back. Simple, it was supposed to be simple, but whenever were simple missions simple. It had to go sideways on them. It was a day that he wished he could forget, a day that he lost a close friend.

"Yeah, looks like a training camp alright." Arkos said, pulling his binoculars away. "Looks like they've got a new crop of fighters getting ready to take it to us."

"Weapons?" The Lieutenant asked also taking a look.

"Mostly small arms, looks like some old Blastec stock. Though I did see a Plex tube, could be an issue for any ground assault."

"Noted Sergeant, I'll report it in." As the LT turned away Zyn, Arkos's comrade and fellow bartender moved up to him.

"At least this wasn't a bust like the last few spots." He said that half smirk on the older Twi'lek's face. Zyn joined a little after the End of Occupation. Had a year or two on Arkos and wasn't career military either. He was just looking for a job after his last one ended. Which wasn't something Arkos looked down on, times were tough.

"At least that." Arkos leaned again his speederbike taking a swig of water from his canteen. They were far enough away that they wouldn't be seen by those in the camp. He could hear the lieutenant calling it in, but there something else caught his ears. The low hum of replusors, and engines.

Before he could say anything an airspeeder flew overhead.

"Sithspit." He exclaimed jumping onto his speeder bike. "Where did they get an Airspeeder?" Gunning the throttle of his bike he sped off with his squad towards the tree line. Over the wind whipping past his head he could hear the airborne foe coming around for a pass. He began cutting and crossing making himself harder to hit. It was standard procedure. Don't be a sitting duck. Looking over his shoulder he could see the others in this three being team following suit.

Fire rained down from above striking the ground and sending dirt and rocks flying up into the sky. Arkos just avoided blast the landed right in front of him. Pebbles and othe debris rattled off his helmet. They were almost there, almost. His heart pounded in his ears louder than the fight going on around him. With a another look over his shoulder he could see Zyn barely get out of the way of another deadly shot.

"We're almost there," Arkos called out over the com. "Once we get to the trees we should be free."

"Got it." Zyn said as a thunderous blast rocked the ground again.

The tree line was getting closer and closer but it still felt like it was forever away. He could feel time ticking away, slipping between his fingers. A few evasive maneuvers and another red lance of energy just missing him and he was crossing into the trees. Slamming the brakes he turned checking on his comrades, the LT had made it but...Zyn.

"Zyn," Arkos called out, "Break right…" It was too late a parting shot from the airspeeder caught Zyn's bike sending him tumbling. Arkos got off his bike rushing towards his friend. "Zyn, Zyn you alright." The only reply was a pained groan. Rushing over Arkos rolled him over finding a piece of the manoeuvring fin sticking out of his chest, his breathing uneven. "Oh sithspit, Zyn?"

"Hey, Tathin, that was quite the spill." Zyn coughed a little.

"Yeah, but you're fine. Come on let's get you up." He tried to smile, to play it off like everything was alright. He tried to lift the Twi'lek up but Zyn legs couldn't hold him up. The pair crumpled to the ground.

"I...I think I'm just going to lay here for a bit." Zyn said looking up at the sky that broke through the canopy.

"No, no you keep your eyes open. You hear me Zyn, stay awake." The Sergeant grabbed a stimpack from his belt stabbing into his friend. Not even that seemed to spark new life in the wounded soldier.

"Tathin, you're going to keep the shack running right?" Tears came to Arkos's eyes, the Shack, the loving term for the bar Zyn and Arkos half ran.

"You have to run it with me. I can't do it alone."

"Ah, you're…" another bloody cough. "You're doing fine."

"Don't talk like that."

"Promise me, Tathin, promise me you'll take me to the shack when this is all over."

"You're not…"

"Promise me."

"Alright Zyn, Alright, when you wake up, we'll be at the shack." Arkos cradled his friend in his arms, his armor stained red, tears falling from his eyes.

"I'll see you there."

"Yeah, see you soon."

He was on his tenth, eleventh push up when he realized that he was crying. It hurt, the last memory of a friend. He was in the military, losses happened, but this one didn't want to go away. Arkos fell to the floor letting out a breath. He needed a break. And some cold water. As he got up, in the front room of his apartment, he caught sight of his squad picture, all of them in their riding gear, posed in front of their bikes.

Him and Zyn stood together, smiles on their faces.

"I miss you buddy. Just don't drink the place dry before I get there."

TAG: None

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  4. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -After the Week 2 loss, brewing

Back in the gym. Before everyone else.

He had to be honest. Getting drafted. Being invited out to parties. Endorsements. The women. The free gear.

It lifted him up to a place where he had never been before. It felt like the galaxy was his and that he had made it.

Then came the complete ass-whoopings they'd received by the Pirates and the Mercs. If there was one thing he hated more than anything, it was losing.

Their team was not good enough. That was clear. Offensively they were stifled by the defenses. Not much he could do about that right now, but he could focus on their defense. A rookie generally had no place trying to lead a defense their first year. He was still adjusting to the speed of the pro-level compared to the collegiate level. Still studying the playbook. Watching players he once cheered for put up points on them like it was nothing. It would be entirely understandable if they missed the playoffs this year. New expansion team with an entirely makeshift roster and no continuity. It made sense...

No.

Hell no.

Not going to happen.

They'd make the playoffs. That was his goal. Especially after seeing the report from Limmie Weekly. "I'm going to use it as fuel." He told his teammates. He'd be the first one in, and last one out of the gym. Individual accolades would come later, but he would not let his first season in the league be a joke.

Time to work.

He and Lil Ray Ray starting going over film. This is where the work counted. Right here between the lines.

Tag: no one

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
  6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Sandskimmers (28) Crusaders (28) Sky Captains (28) Bandits (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week Three Results
    Commenor Gundarks @ Kamino Waves (24-10)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (28-0)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Cloud City Sky Captains (24-11)
    Thyferra Force @ Cantonica Golden Knights (11-11) (OT11-14)

Tags @jcgoble3 @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @Trieste @Jedi Gunny @SWNerd11

Trieste likes this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -The Quake Caf Petranaki Arena, Gangbusters Locker Room

"ARRRGGHHHHHH!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!"

The young Cathar roared as he entered the locker room. Some of the vets winced at the awkwardness, but most of the team responded with affirmations.

It was a hard fought win, but their defense had made stand after stand to keep the Officers from scoring at the end. Specifically a steal by Deon to ice the game with a minute left on the clock. He was hype and he was hot...But now was not the time to rest.

----
    Press Conference

Deon sat down at the table and adjusted the microphone. Attire: Black suit pants, white button up with his chest fur sticking out through the bundles of platinum and gold chains he had dangling from his thick neck.

First Question:

"Hey Deon, Schmeck Zemekis from Racket Report. After starting 0-2, what was the sense of urgency going into this game?"

Deon adjusted the microphone again. He was a little nervous, but he'd answered questions before. Still had butterflies though.

"I-...We want to make the playoffs. It's our goal. It's what all these games are about. Obviously, we have some chemistry issues; We're a new team. But we're going to keep working in the lab, going back to film, and keep trying to build something here."

Hmm...good response, he thought to himself.

Second Question:

"Deon, what do you personally need to work on?"

"I want to make sure I keep the defensive intensity up. There's a lot of offensive talent in our conference and we're going to have to bring it every night. That's the challenge I take upon myself. To be the motor of this team and to prove my worth as the number 1 pick. We done? Awesome, love you guys."

Tag: No one

Trieste likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Horst Penn
    Live from Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“And the excitement is palpable in the Gardens today as the Miners close out their initial conference swing with a home game against the Starkillers,” Aerax Skytrayn said, back in the broadcast booth.

“I’ll say, and I bet it’s absolutely electric down on the field as we await the entrance of the teams,” Lun Selayen added. “On that note, let’s go to our field-level correspondent, Horst Penn.”

“He still works here?!” Aerax exclaimed before they cut to Horst in his mustard blazer standing on the field.

“Thank you Lun. Electric is right! It’s like being cooked by a Sith Lord shooting Force Lightning down here! I haven’t felt this kind of energy since I was playing. The fans are ready for it. They can taste 3-0 and you can tell they’re going to bring the energy today to push the Miners to get there,” Horst said, holding a mic in front of him.

“That...was actually not terrible,” Lun said with surprise.

Aerax didn’t seem so sure. “What does Leigh Cavanaugh have to say about the opportunity to lock in three conference wins to begin the season?” she asked. No doubt she was recalling Horst’s failure at the draft to collect quotes before Shay Dionne’s first pick.

“Oh yeah! I was kicking the boloball around with some of the players when they were loosening up in the corridors.” Horst fiddled with a notebook that appeared from the inside pocket of the blazer. “I saw Coach C and asked her if she thought the Miners had this one in the bag and she said, ‘The Starkillers are better than their 0-2 record. They know they stakes and there’s nothing more dangerous than a team that’s cornered.’”

Lun and Aerax must have been stunned because neither of them said anything, allowing Horst to keep going after a brief pause. “I also talked to Jimsey Vigo and asked him what it was like playing against the team he’d grown up watching as the owner’s son. He said, ‘I just want to make my dads proud today.’”

“Well...ummm...thanks Horst,” Aerax said, sounding somewhat impressed. “I guess we’ll talk to you later in the game.”

“Wait--I also have a quote from Teaspoon, head coach of the Starkillers.” Horst flipped through his notebook. “Forgive my pronunciation, but she said--” Horst paused to clear his throat. “--‘wrrhw raaaaaahhgh raaaaaahhgh raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw awwgggghhh aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huuguughghg huuguughghg wuuh hnnnhrrhhh uugggh aarrragghuuhw aaaaahnr huurh huuguughghg uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh raaaaaahhgh uuh aarrragghuuhw wrrhwrwwhw huurh huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw.’”

“Well, that’s...uh…”

“But luckily Teaspoon has a translator droid who said that, ‘We haven't played well this season. Not yet. That changes today. I almost feel sorry for the Miners. We have a whole new game plan to execute today. Winning.’ I don’t know if you know this, but back in the day we’d call those ‘fighting words,’ Lun and Aerax.” Horst winked to punctuate his report.

“Fighting words indeed,” Lun said as the feed returned to the booth. “Let’s look at today’s starting lineups…”

“And the Miners take a lead into halftime today against a Starkillers squad that came out swinging like their coach promised,” Lun said. “Let’s go down to Horst who’s with Leigh Cavanaugh now.”

The feed cut to Horst standing with Cavanaugh. Players and staff were heading towards the locker room behind her. “Coach C, what’s your takeaway from the first half?” he asked.

“Starkillers have a lot of pace. We knew they were going to play us hard. I think we handled things well, but we’ve still got a half to go,” Leigh said.

“What secret plans do you have for the second half to bring this one home?” Horst asked.

Leigh looked at Horst as if he was nuts. “I’m not telling you that,” she said and walked away.

“There you have it folks: Leigh Cavanaugh has a secret plan to win the game,” Horst reported confidently. “Back to you, Lun and Aerax.”

“Horst, what’s the mood on the sidelines as this Starkillers push is going on? Any concern from the team?” Aerax asked in the second half.

“I was just talking with Alexa Superspy and she’s pretty upbeat. They knew that this was coming and says that she thinks that for every blow the Starkillers land, the Miners get in one. She’s happy if they can keep this up through the rest of the game,” Horst said, featured in an inset during the broadcast so viewers could see him as well as the action on the pitch.

“Uhhhhhhhhhh...isn’t Alexa on the field right now?” Aerax pointed out.

“She is,” Horst confirmed. “We did an interview on the fly.”

“That’s not a thing,” Lun said. “Is it a thing?” The second sentence sounded much less certain and asked as if he was calling to someone else in the booth.

“Horst, you can’t interview her right now! She has to play the game!” Aerax protested.

“It’s OK. I asked all my questions while the Miners were playing defense, so she wasn’t busy,” Horst said. “I just yelled them to her from the sidelines.”

“Offensive players still have responsibility on defense!” Aerax protested.

“They do?” Horst said. “I thought they got to take a snack break when we were playing defense. That’s what I did when we were playing offense.”

“How did you win three Galactic Cups?” Aerax asked in disbelief.

“Oh, well it all started when--”

“Can we cut his feed?” Lun asked. Someone on the broadcast team complied.

“...and that closes out the game for the Miners. 38-20 over the Starkillers,” Lun said.

“The Starkillers put up the most points on the Miners of any Solo Conference team this season--more than Rydonni Prime and Coruscant combined--but the Miners had an answer for every point Ralltiir scored,” Aerax said.

“And Horst Penn’s got Jimsey Vigo on the field,” Lun said.

The BBC cut to Horst and the Ithorian, the latter of whom had a towel around his neck. “Jimsey--you’ve had a fantastic start to the season and are the second-highest scorer on the team, trailing only Harle Quinn. Tell us what you’re thinking.”

“It’s been incredible. I give a lot of credit to Coach Cavanaugh. She’s a champion for a reason and she accepts nothing less than our best. We’ve put in a lot of work to get where we are--and we’re not even a third of the way done with the season,” Jimsey said.

“You grew up in the Starkillers family, like, literally. Was this game bittersweet for you, beating your family’s team?”

“Yeah...I mean, we all knew what this game was going to be going in. When you put on a jersey, that’s your team and that’s where 100% of your effort has to go. All I can hope is that today was a preview of the Solo Conference Championship game later this season,” Jimsey said.

Horst nodded. “You told me before the game that you hoped you’d make your dads proud. Think you did?”

Jimsey gave a smile. “I think it’s going to be a good dinner with them tonight.”

“Congratulations, Jimsey. See you on Carratos,” Horst said, “Back to you Lun!”

TAG: @Runjedirun @galactic-vagabond422 and whoever built Wookie (yes they only spelled it with one E) Translator

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs keep looking better and better each game they play!"

"Yeah they do, and here especially as they win 29 to 17 over the previously undefeated Pirates to snatch a share of first place just three weeks into the new season."

"Too early to be looking at standings Randy."

"Oh yeah I know, but being two and one beats being one and two."

"Sure, sure."

"And like you said, the team seems to be getting better each week, here with the offense finally starting to put in a complete effort."

"it was a faster paced game than we've seen the previous two weeks, but yeah Aug, Hurtle and Carp each had great games. This time it was Hurtle that lead the Mercs in scoring with seven, Aug and Carp had six apiece, Carp's on two goals, while Aug put in a goal and three bar points."

"It was interesting to see how their different styles are really complimenting one another's there on the offensive end."

"Yeah Carp likes to drive in deep while Aug is more of a sniper, waiting in the weeds to strike and put one over the top at a moment's notice."

"And of course Brirs and Backbreaer did a great job setting up their teammates on the wings."

"Yeah neither of them scored themselves, but between them the pair assisted on all the Mercs points scored."

"Of course the faster pace meant not only more scoring from the Mercs but more points allowed by the defense as well."

"Yeah 17 is a season high from the Mercs defensive front, which shouldn't be a surprise against a team like the Pirates though."

"I still hate those guys."

"And Stargazer had a shaky game between the posts, but the defense in front of her played very well, particularly Carlasson and Kol who helped to lock down the wings on the Mercs defensive end which limited the Pirates chances, especially as the Mercs began to pull away in the second half."

"Mercs looking good right now, and play host to the oh and three Starkillers next as they begin the non conference part of their sechedule."

"All four games against non conference foes all packed into the middle of the season in four straight weeks makes for an exciting time for fans across the league."

"I like it, games against conference rivals early, then the non conference schedule and then finish things up against the teams you are fighting against for a playoff spot."

"This week though, man, winless teams make me nervous..."

"Me too."

"...especially in this case, that's a good team over there..."

"Certainly better than their current record suggests."

"...and they are due for a win, which would drop the Mercs back to the .500 mark."

"Thought it was too early to be looking at standings..."

"It is, but it's never too early to look at your own record."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010

TAG: Anyone who wants to comment :)

OOC: Feel free to follow these accounts on Twitter. If you decide to create an ELL roleplay account, whether it's for a team, player, coach, or whatever, @LimmieWeekly will follow back. I don't plan to tweet much (maybe once or twice a week at most), and not all tweets will be posted here, only the ones I deem most important.

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    GM Approved guest post!

[​IMG]

IC: Lilly Vehn
    Vertical City News
    Private Interview
    Nar Shaddaa
    299 ABY

"Thank you for agreeing to sit down with me for this interview," Cara Flame, lead reporter for VCN, said.

"Of course," Lilly Vehn replied. She took a sip of water from the coffee table as her earrings dangled delicately from her ears absorbing the darkness of her black dress. A dress for mourning. A dress for remembrance.

"Good evening," Cara began as the broadcast went live, "we're here for an intimate interview with Lilly Vehn to reflect on today's somber anniversary: the passing of Kaitlyn Vehn 20 years ago. Today we'll discuss the changes Nar Shaddaa has seen in 20 years, the legacy Kaitlyn left behind, and the future from the eyes of someone who knew her best, her adopted daughter, Lilly."

"Thank you for having me," Lilly replied.

"First off," Cara said settling into the interview, "and I don't mean to sound insensitive, but take us back to that day Kaitlyn was killed You were there, right? WHen it happened?What a horrible event to have to live through, to experience."

"I was 19 years old, I'm 39 now and a lot has changed, but I remember," Lilly said her voice shaking a bit as she recalled the day that Kaitlyn Vehn was assassinated by Markus Drexel, underworld lord of crime. "we were prepping for the playoffs. Kaitlyn was giving a speech as mayor. She did that a lot. It was just another day. Then it all went wrong. The first shot rang out. John, the head coach, went down and then a second shot. I turned and there was Kaitlyn. She was hurt. It was all so fast. So sudden. I held her hand while she died. Worst day of my life. Without question."

Lilly paused as her hand trembled. She wiped away her tears. She looked in the direction of Six Boroughs hulking quietly in the night light.

[​IMG]

"Would you like us to stop?" Cara asked.

After a long while Lilly shook her head, "No, go on."

"Was it your idea for Kaitlyn to be buried at Six Boroughs?" Cara asked.

"It was mine," Lilly replied, "I knew Kaitlyn loved Nar Shaddaa more than anything. At that age I used to think she loved Nar Shaddaa more than me. Course that wasn't the truth. Just funny little things you make up in your head as a young adult."

"Have you been back to the stadium since this happened?" Cara asked.

"Only a few times for celebratory occasions by the Smugglers," Lilly replied, "but I try and stay away as much as possible. It's not the same without her there."

"Sure," Cara replied, "you've mentioned in a past interview that Kaitlyn Vehn is your mother. Biologically the two of you aren't related. You shared an experience that bonded you. What was that?"

"Paralysis," Lilly paused as her lip trembled. She fought to regain her thoughts, her composure, and found the strength to carry forward, "I couldn't move after my parents and I were involved in a speeder accident on Nar Shaddaa. They were killed in the crash and I was sent to New Vertica Hospital for rehab. That's where I met Kaitlyn. She'd been transferred to the physical therapy wing to rehab her body after she'd been paralyzed in a shuttle crash. We hit it off. She gently coaxed me out of my grief and I taught her how to live again. We formed a bond, Cara. An unbroken bond."

"I could see that," Cara quietly replied, "and several months later she took you to the Jedi Temple on Ossus where you were healed, correct?"

Lilly nodded and smiled. "She saved my life. It was the greatest gift I'd ever received. Well, to be honest, second to being adopted by her."

"Tell me about that."

"Kaitlyn and I had a long talk. A talk about our relationship. Our friendship. I was 14 years old when I first met her. We just clicked. She understood me. Understood my pain. My grief. I understood her drive to get back to the life she had. To surge forward. I understood her political ambitions even though I was so young," Lilly replied, "and then one day Kaitlyn asked me if I would like it if she adopted me. I said yes. She was and remains my closest family."

"Have you thought about having a family of your own or adopting?" Cara inquired.

"I haven't met the right person to start a family with," Lilly admitted, "things have been so crazy. So hard. I think adoption for me is something I'd have to think about. It's not all rainbows and sunshine."

"Right around the time Kaitlyn was buried you disappeared from the Nar Shaddaa scene. In fact, media and members of your own family had a hard time tracking you down. What did you do after her funeral?"

"I needed space," Lilly replied, "I needed time away from those painful feelings and memories. Saying goodbye to Kaitlyn was so hard. Unimagineably hard. Leaving Six Boroughs, my second home, was not an easy decision. I left to find myself. I used several different names. I didn't want people associating me with her. With the Vehn family."

"Why? They're one of the most influential families in the region. Unparalleled access to almost anything you could want to do," Cara replied.

"Some things we have to figure out on our own, wouldn't you agree?" Lilly responded, "away from the pressures and demands of our station."

"Certainly," Cara replied, "and what are you up to these days?"

"I'm very involved in the Valor Foundation," Lilly replied, "and cheering up kiddos at New Vertica hospital who are fighting life threatening diseases. I just love those kids. It's my way of giving back to the community I live in."

"Ever thought about a return to limmie? To professional sports?" Cara questioned.

"I ran the team briefly in the interim after Kaitlyn's death. That was all I could handle. I'm not cut out for sports even though I grew up inside that culture, that space. I really think that the Smugglers did a good job the last decade with Mylessa McCloud and Shady Lerouex after her. Solid choices. Addison Vehn has really steered the team successfully navigating several different crises," Lilly replied.

"Speaking of," Cara said, "thoughts on the current turmoil on Nar Shaddaa? Have you given any weight to rumors that you could make a successful run of being Mayor for the Vertical City?"

Lilly adjusted her posture and sat up a little straighter. She leaned forward slightly, eyes focused on Cara, and replied, "Nar Shaddaa is in turmoil. We face unprecedented times. Real leadership is needed. The vacancy in the mayor's office leaves a gaping hole of leadership. Leadership that we haven't seen since the days of Kaitlyn Vehn. We're facing food shortages, medicine shortages, violence is rampant and its a miracle Six Boroughs hasn't burned to the ground."

"You don't paint a very positive picture of the Smuggler's Moon," Cara said.

"I'm being realistic," Lilly replied, "and with that sense of realism comes a commitment to the people of Nar Shaddaa. To the people of Nar Shaddaa, trust me. I grew up on this moon. I know where the shortcomings of government are and I know also how government, when properly led, can succeed. The Valor Foundation is a key example. Kaitlyn Vehn's bold initiatives were another. "

"Therefore after a great deal of thought and consideration I have come to a decision. I, Lilly Vehn, am formally announcing my candidacy for the mayor's office of the Vertical City," Lilly declared.

"Incredible," Cara replied, "and best of luck!"

"Thank you," Lilly said, "my enemies are going to need it."

Tag: @Trieste

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: More fall ball, more early college scores!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"We're midway through the college boloball season and things are starting to shape up for an exciting post season as the cream is slowly rising to the top..."

"Shouldn't really be too much movement in the rankings this week."

"I dunno, Evanvale's impressive win this week could see them break into the top ten."

"Doubt it, from 13 to ten when no one in front of them lost?"

"It was a heck of a win though..."

"Sure, sure."

"Other big winners this week include Druckenwell Tech who could move up into a playoff spot."

"Yeah, that I could see happening..."

"Why? Because it wouldn't affect the StarBucks spot?"

"No...of course not." Justin sounded like he was caught red handed. "Just easier to justify movement as you get arther down the rankings s all." It sounded like an excuse.

"Well, if that's the case than Euceron and UBCS should be shooting up the rankings too."

"And that's something I could see happening."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week Four (LW)

1. University of Bison (1)
    2. University of Kashyyyk (2)
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (3)
    4. Sposia Medical University (4)
    6. Cloud City University, Bespin (6)
    7. Keldabe Military Institute (7)
    8. College of Fondordelphia (8)
    9. University of Evenvale (13)
    10. University of Csilla (9)
    11. University of Kuat (10)
    12. Verpine Technical Institute (11)
    13. The Ord Sabaok University (12)
    14. University of Zeltros (15)
    15. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (14)
    16. Druckenwell Technical University (18)
    17. University of Onderon Rupings (19)
    18. Chandrila A&M University (16)
    19. UB Cape Suzette (25)
    20. University of Euceron (23)
    21. University of Coruscant (17)
    23. Bilbringi University (20)
    24. Grand Vulpter System University (21)
    25. Imperial College of Bastion (NR)

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Shannon Vigo

Maybe I didn’t want to admit it before. My brother is really good at Limmie. Like, really, really good. The Miners offense is absolutely destroying Louise and the rest of the Starkillers defense. My cousins on the offensive line do okay, but my Aunt Louise is getting run over. She’s my hero, I hate this game. I just want her to get a win this season. Okay, more than a win. A lot of wins. By the time the game ends the whole season feels hopeless. The Starkillers aren’t just 0 and 3 they are 0 and 3 in the conference. That’s really, really bad. Every sportscaster in the galaxy has written them off. So I try not to listen to them.

I dutifully eat the nachos my grandmother bought for me and pack my bags for school and swim practice in the morning. I turn in early. I take my pups for their walk before school and try to remember that my father’s say to never hang my head. It’s all too easy when the Starkillers are losing like this. The whole school knows my dad’s own the team and some kids blame me when things get bad. Well not so much blame me, but they take it out on me and it feels like they are blaming me.

It’s not like they are the only one’s who have to watch these massacres on Sundays. I’m watching too. It’s my family that’s on the field and in the upper offices making decisions about what goes on down there on the field. During times like this I want to be a veterinarian on a planet light years away, as soon as possible. So I never have to acknowledge anyone related to me has anything to do with this team. School isn’t so bad though, its swim team practice when my problems begin.

I nearly forgot I had “Shannon Swims” embroidered on my towel. My teammates notice it right away after practice. “What’s that supposed to mean?” A senior, human girl, asks me in the locker room.

I shrug my shoulders timidly while I notice several other girls taking their stances beside her.

“Shannon swims,” another girl mocks. “You swim like a fish, because you are one.”

Some girls laugh, others give me apologetic glances. Out of nowhere a human girl I don’t know puts her hand on my shoulder. “Shannon is a beast in the water. She’s going to win us some meets.”

It feels good to have someone on my side. So good I don’t know what to do.

Then the original girl who started the whole thing says, “You can’t compete on the team. You know that right. My parents said you can’t compete. Because your Mon Calamarian. You have an unfair advantage. The team is reserved for species that aren’t native to water. It’s only fair. You understand right?”

That other girl still has her hand on my shoulder and it gives me the strength I need to respond. “There’s no rules against any specific species competing on swim team.” I say.

“There will be.” The senior girl says before she and her friends leave.

“Hey,” my supporter says. “I’m Naomi. Don’t let those girls get to you. Cheri holds a school record. She’s afraid you’ll beat her. Between me and you. I hope you wipe the floor with her.”

“Thanks.” It’s a quiet thank you. No one’s ever stuck up like that for me before. “My dad’s a lawyer. A good one. He wouldn’t let anything bad happen to me. I was just hoping this would blow over.”

“Yeah, I’ve seen you on the holo. You have two dads?”

I nod.

“It’s cool. I have two moms.”

At that moment I knew that Naomi was going to be my friend. The first friend I had ever made in school. The next day we had lunch together. I wasn’t alone at the alien table. Everyone at the alien table is alone. We all just sit together because we have no one else to sit with. Naomi, even though she’s human, she sat at our table. I’ve never seen a human at the alien table. Sometimes the Alien’s migrate into the human tables if they are athletes or just popular. I don’t know how the Alien’s migrate to the human tables. I just know I’ve never seen a human sit with us at our table.

Naomi invites me over to her house on Friday after school. We paint each other’s nails and I eat dinner with her family. Naomi has two younger siblings a sister and a brother. They stare at me, they probably never had a Mon Cal at their dinner table before. I’m okay with that though. After dinner Ryan comes to pick me up. He’s full of questions about Naomi.

“Naomi stood up for me,” I tell him.

“Kids giving you shavit at school?” Ryan asks. My dad’s don’t hold back.

I forget all about solving this problem myself and just tell Ryan all about the confrontation in the locker room. I tell him how Naomi took my side. “That’s horrible.” My dad says angrily.

“Naomi thinks I can beat Cheri’s record,” I continue. “Do you think I have a chance? I was pretty good in middle school.”

“Who cares about the record? Why didn’t you come home and tell us? You shouldn’t have to put up with discrimination in school.”

“I can handle this myself.” I say angrily. Luckily we are in our driveway now. I hop out of the speeder and slam my door shut. I can’t believe I slipped up. Now my dads are going to show up at the school or worse, swim practice and embarrass me.

“Shannon wait!” I hear my dad desperately calling for me in the driveway as I race into the house and up to my room.

Thankfully he doesn’t follow me. I know he’s going to tell Richard though. I don’t even know if Richard’s home. He went to the spaceport to see the Starkillers off. Off to Mando’ade where I’m sure they are going to suffer another loss.

It’s not all bad though. Naomi comes over on Sunday to watch the game with me. “You really do have a swimming pool in your house!” She declares. “This is amazing. No wonder you are such a good swimmer. We could literally have practice in your house.”

“We also have THE best Nachos on Rallltiir,” Ryan says as he carries out a plate of freshly baked chips.

“No way.” Naomi says. “Your dad bakes chips?”

I shrug. Just to test her I make sure Naomi watches as I put seaweed on my portion of chips. She doesn’t bat an eye, so I offer her my dad’s special spicy cheese sauce. “It’s not my thing, but humans like it.”

Richard cracks open an ale to wash down his spicy cheese nachos. He hasn’t said too much about swim team. He just told me he’d hold back for now. Because it was what I wanted and he respected that. But he wasn’t going to stand by and watch me not compete. If it came to it my dad was going to fight for me.

Just like the Starkillers are about to fight today. Fight to beat a team that so far has proven to be better than they are. I wonder if they can somehow come out on top. Do I dare get my hopes up?

Tag: @Trieste @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Arkos Tathin
    Carratos

Arkos was three weeks in and he'd started to settle into a rhythm, the clientele had gotten used to him, and he'd gotten use to them. He wasn't quite at the point he could guess their orders but he was getting into the flow. A trick he had picked up is that if someone ordered something that wasn't rum, or had rum in it, chances were they weren't from Carratos. He'd been wrong once or twice but on the whole rum was the drink of choice. So it made sense to him now why they had so many bottles of the stuff.

Game day was approaching and with two of these under his belt he felt he knew what to expect. He'd schooled himself on what were the most popular rum cocktails, and practiced making them with precision. When the orders were coming in fast, there wasn't time for flair, just get them on the bar quick. Not that he didn't show off a bit during slower hours. He wasn't as flexible as Sana, but he had decent hand eye coordination. It wasn't going to win him any competitions anytime soon but, it was fun, and broke up the monotony of slinging drinks.

Checking the chrono he noticed it was about time for the Game rush to hit. And right on cue the beings started streaming in. He'd done this dance and was ready for it. As the orders came in he already had most common ingredients ready, getting the simple cocktails out of the way rather quickly. Then came some of the more complicated ones, ones that required three different fruits and about two different alcohols. It was almost like someone wanted to see if they could make the most complicated drink they could. Which he managed to make and get the first rush of orders done before the first whistle.

As the game started it felt like a different atmosphere. There was a tension in the air, almost an aggression. Checking the opposing team he arched a brow a little. Mandalor, aren't they the guys, and girls that wear armor all the time? What are they doing running around in jerseys? There was a silent intensity as all the patrons were glued to the screen all around the bar. It wasn't dead quiet there were still a few calls for the Pirates to put one in or for the defense to make a stop. But there was a renewed vigor behind them.

Then the Mercs opened up the scoring and the boos could likely be heard from orbit. It seemed louder than it was for the last two games. Underneath the chorus of disgust was some pretty harsh language to be throwing around about a game. Curses and derogatory remarks filled the air likely turning it a lovely shade of blue. Arkos wasn't scandalized by this, in the CDF one had to be fluent if harsh language to understand orders and communicate with your fellow servicemembers. What was new was the level of scorn and hatred in the words. It was difficult if it was still friendly rivalry or genuine hate.

During a break Arkos turned to Sana,

"What's with this game, the fans seem a little restless."

"It's the mercs." She said simply.

"And that means?"

"It means they are our most hated rivals in the league. We hate them and they hate us. Every match means something. Neither team wants to lose and they will do anything to win."

"Anything?"

"Any…" She looked at the screen. "Oh come on, that was clear targeting." the look of anger was on her face. "Stuff like that, going after Iris before she even has the ball."

"You're not allowed to do that?"

"There's some leeway but come on, that guy plowed into her before the ball was even coming to her." Arkos looked at the replay and narrowed his eyes a little.

It looked nothing like that. Sure it might have been a little bit before the woman with short brown hair got her hands on the ball but looked acceptable to him. Though he didn't really know the rules.

Taking a second he looked a little closer at the player that just got hit. Helpfully the broadcast brought up her stats and a picture of her. Iris Copin, the stats flew past him, not able to tell if she was good or not. What caught his eye was the scar across her cheek. He'd seen enough wounds and scars in his time to know what a blaster burn looked like. She was lucky to not be dead given the location, just a graze. It did give her a striking look, a broad red scar under her right eye contrasting with her white skin.

Then a thought stuck him.

"The red lines under people's eyes, are they, for Copin."

"Look at you putting two and two together." Sana congratulated him with mock applause. "Now quiet she's coming in for a...Come on ref." The rest of the bar joined the other bartender in bemoaning another blown call, though looking back it seemed completely fair. Again Arkos didn't completely know the rules but it didn't seem too out of line...maybe he was just missing something.

The game continued and the bar became more agitated as it became clear that the Mercs were going to win. Many left early but some stuck around quietly fuming. Things were starting to get a little heated, there was a feeling in the air that a fight could kick off. Or violence be committed against the holo-projectors. Both of which were bad and to be avoided.

He didn't have much time to take in the vibe of the room as more orders started coming in, beings looking to drown their sorrows if he had to guess. Which was fine with him.

When the game ended the mood in the bar was quiet, like someone had just sucked all the atmosphere out of the space. Arkos was almost afraid to say anything, as Sana lethargically fulfilled orders. It was just a game right, it couldn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things?

Again maybe he wasn't getting something.

A little later a few familiar faces came walking in, the team, the bar was less crowded than it was the week before, giving the losing team more space to spread out. Again Arkos found the purple skinned twi'lek, he swore he saw her name once, Bella, Bella'tor, right a Half Back, whatever that was.

She sat down next to Iris, and there was a male Devaroinan with them. He didn't remember seeing him before. Given the kiss Iris just laid on him, he was clearly someone very special to her. He also drank like a fish. Over the course of the night, the man put away drinks like water, well maybe not that bad but he was certainly out drinking the rest of the members of the team.

Arkos kept an eye on the group, and not only because one of them caught his eye. They seemed pretty down, I guess that's only fair, they lost. Not many people were celebrating a loss. They all seemed to just look at the floor or at each other looking for answers almost, or trying to forget.

"Should we do something?" Arkos asked feeling like he could do more.

"Just keep the drinks coming, they need them." Was all she said.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Sandskimmers (28) Crusaders (28) Sky Captains (28) Bandits (28)

Skimmer Ade League Week Four Results
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Atzerri Bandits (4-23)
    Cantonica Golden Knights @ Kamino Waves (23-20)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (17-3)
    Thyferra Force @ Commenor Gundarks (13-0)

Tags: @Trieste @galactic-vagabond422 @SWNerd11 @Bardan_Jusik @Jedi Gunny @jcgoble3

Trieste likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Great game for the Mercs."

"Yes it was, yes it was. A great win for the good guys as the Mercs beat the Starkillers 33 to 15 to keep Ralltiir winless on the season..."

"Moving themselves to three and one on the season too, to keep pace with the rest of the conference."

"Great effort by the front line of Aug, Brirs and Hurtle. who kept the pressure up one the Starkillers defenders all game."

"They started out hot and just kept coming, every starting forward for the Mercs ended up scoring..."

"Though the rookie Carp had, what was for her now, a down game scoring just four."

"A goal and a bar point to go along with an assist..."

"Though I have to say, the fact that we expect her to score more than that just shows how far she has come so quickly."

"Sure, sure"

"On the other end of things the defense again did enough to keep the Starkillers off balance..."

"Yeah I loved seeing that."

"... and very quietly this has become one of the better defensive units in the game right now."

"Are they ever, Mercs defense hasn't allowed any team to score more than 17 against them all year, no shutdowns or shutouts, but have consistently kept opposing offenses in the teens in a bend but don't break philosophy that seems to be working for them through the first half of the season."

"Question is, can they keep it up?"

"Going to be interesting to see that going forward, the offense keeps getting better, and the defense has played so well, but you have to think that evntually someone will figure them out, or that they are due for a bad game of their own as no team can keep up what they are doing every game."

"Even then, they still have the one loss already this year."

"That one is squarely on the offense, they scored just six that game, but I get what you're saying, and you're right, and sadly that game may come next week as the Mercs take on the Sens in a rematch of last season's Galactic Cup finals."

"That is going to be a tough game, but the Sens are coming off a tough loss of their own to the Storm..."

"Officers!"

"...who held them to just a single point."

"Yeah, that Euceron defense has real shut down ability."

"Of course, we would be remiss if we didn't mention that every Solo conference team lost this past week to a Skywalker one."

"Just goes to show how dominant those Skywalker teams are."

"Why is that?"

"Besides random luck and die rolls that will eventually even out?"

"I think it's a different style of limmie, really hard hitting cut throat style as typified by the Mercs, Pirates..."

"I hate those guys"

"...and usually the Strugglers when they are not in hiding. To survive that conference you have to play the same way, as the Gangbusters are learning and as we've seen the Storm..."

"Officers!"

"...do in the past as well as in the here and now."

"Doesn't mean a Solo team won't get lucky every so often."

"Sure sure, but as had clearly been the case when the league has gone to conference play, the better teams get placed in the Skywalker."

"Even took awhile for the Mercs to adapt when they were first realigned from the Solo to the Skywalker over twenty seasons ago."

"Oh really? Hadn't though that far back."

"Yeah folks tend to think of the Mercs as such a stalwart in the Skywalker, they forget they started in the Solo."

"Went four and five each of their first two years in the Skywalker before finally finishing over the .500 mark at 5 and four their third year. Didn't make the playoffs until their fourth year, when they went all the way to the finals..."

"And lost to the Miners."

"Then two years after that began the beskar age of limmie when the Mercs brought home their first Galactic Cup title."

"Something they would love to do again this season."

TAG: @Runjedirun

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    HSN Headlines Ralltiir Edition

• Head coach Teaspoon and assistant coach Yolanda Dunerider have been bought out and will discontinue their coaching jobs immediately.
    • Alyada Hovechar has agreed to come on as an interim head coach starting today.
    • Hovechar's press statement "This is no doubt the hardest assignment of my life. I do not take it lightly. I vow to do what I can to make things right for this team. My goal is simple, win games."
    • Statement from owner Richard Vigo. "This is a very tough day. A very tough season. The women I releived today brought a championship to our team just 2 short seasons ago. But this isn't 2 seasons ago. This is 299 and 299 has not been what this franchise expected. Change was necessary."

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Horst Penn
    Live from Arcadia Colosseum, O’pahz, Carratos

“...and as the teams get ready for what could be a key matchup in the Commissioner’s Trophy race, let’s go to Horst Penn on the field,” Aerax said. She didn’t sound as disappointed about the prospect this time around, even if she wasn’t enthusiastic about it.

“Thanks Aerax and Lun,” Horst said. “The Pirates game has always been big as they’re a team the Miners have had trouble with over the years, but Coach C coming on board has resulted in a noticeable improvement. I don’t mean to brag, but I was here before she was and the difference in our performance against Carratos was noticeable.”

“Given your experience playing under her, what does she bring that other Miner head coaches lacked?” Lun asked.

“Good question!” Horst said.

And then he didn’t say anything.

“Uhhhhh...so what changed when she was head coach?” Aerax prompted.

“Oh, I thought you knew and were going to tell us. I was usually napping when we had team meetings or thinking about something else,” Horst said with a complete lack of shame.

“Horst!” Aerax exclaimed.

“That’s what Coach C sounded like when she’d wake me up!” Horst said. “The resemblance is amazing! Did you practice that?”

“I think it’s time to go to the starting lineups…” Lun said, gently nudging the production crew to move away from Horst.

“And let’s go down to Horst on the field to get an update as the teams head to the locker rooms with the Pirates holding the lead,” Lun said.

“Thanks Lun! I’m here with Logan Sandin-Manx,” Horst said as the feed showed him kneeling to be at the same level as the Pirates coach in his hoverchair.

“Um…” Logan started looking to Horst with a slightly arched eyebrow. “It’s Manx-Sandin, Sandin-Manx is my wife.”

“I thought you took her name?” Horst asked, clearly not grasping how hyphenated names worked. “Anyways, the big play of the first was the call on Quinn that resulted in a penalty kick for the Pirates. The Miners’ sideline clearly disagreed over the punishment, especially after it turned into a goal for the Pirates. Did the refs get it right?”

“The refs are doing their best, they saw a penalty and handed down their punishment. If the Miners didn't like it they should have challenged it,” he said simply. “We’ve been on the other end of bad officiating.” The coach looked away a bit. “But, there’s nothing you can do sometimes when the beings in stripes make their call. Maybe next time Quinn shouldn’t play so fast and loose on the field. Or just don’t get caught. Look, they know as well as I that calls are going to happen good or bad. And before they start throwing blame they should look at Kaah’s hit on Iris earlier in the half. That was one that could have been called on them. I was ready to challenge especially given that it resulted in a broken play and a bar point on their end.”

“Talk about Leigh for a moment, Coach San--Man--Samanxdin,” Horst said, stumbling over Logan’s name, but clearly trying to get it right. “How much of an impact has she had on this game? Is she the reason that the Pirates are leading?”

“What?” He blinked hard looking over to the former full back. His brow furrowed and his cybereye glowed just a little brighter? “Um, well she’s been doing her best, but I wouldn’t say she’s the reason. She’s had to face an on fire offense. It’s a tough ask for any coach so I wouldn’t put the blame on her.”

“But hasn’t she been the leader of your offense for the last few seasons?” Horst asked, joining Logan in puzzlement. “Sure, she might be providing coaching on the side to her teammates like any leader would, but it’s her on-field performance that the Pirates really need. She doesn’t get Salbukk nominations for nothing.”

“Huh?” Logan’s furrow deepened. “Leigh, doesn’t...She hasn’t played for us for 7 years.” His eyes narrowed. “Are you talking about Iris Copin?”

“No, that’s--” Horst stopped and his eyes went up as if he was in intense thought. “--wait a second...uhhhh...maybe? I always had a hard time keeping them straight on the field, come to think of it…”

“Horst didn’t you play for Leigh for few years? Shouldn’t you know the difference?” Logan asked, a little confused.

“In my defense, when you call someone ‘Coach C’ all the time, it’s hard to keep track of what the C stands for,” Horst said. “That’s just math.”

“That’s not...um…” Logan hung his head a little. “But yes Iris is an important part of our offense and we rely on her to keep the engine going. But we have taken time to build up the core around her to try and take the weight off of her.”

“Thanks Coach Logan,” Horst said, finally finding a workaround to the coach’s hyphenated last name and his confusion. “Aerax, Lun, back to you.”

“Boy, that escalated quickly,” Lun said. “I mean, that really got out of hand fast.”

“An absolutely disastrous second half for the Miners for sure,” Aerax agreed. “The Pirates ran away with this one--and with it a potentially crucial tiebreak for the Commissioner’s Trophy.”

“Let’s go to Horst on the field for a post-game interview with Leigh Cavanaugh,” Lun announced.

“Or is he really going to interview Iris Copin?” Aerax asked sarcastically before they cut to Horst.

“Here’s Coach--” Horst began.

He didn’t get any further because instead of stopping, Leigh stomped past Horst muttering, “I’m not Iris.” Horst watched her go and then looked back at the camera.

“...and back to you, Lun?” Horst said, trying to salvage the situation.

“And that about sums up how this one ended for the Miners,” Lun said breezily, “We’ll see if they can get things back on track in Eusebus next week for the Miners’ first game against the Officers in several seasons.”

“Thanks for stopping by,” Aerax said.

“Stay classy, Bakura,” Lun finished.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (who graciously collaborated for the interview and was a good sport :D)

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: More fall ball, more early college scores for you all!

"Just a few weeks left now to the college boloball season and someone break up the Blue Birds because they just keep winning, bolstering their playoff chances..."

"They are going to wind up in the top ten at this rate."

"I'd say top five, except those teams keep winning too."

"Well if KMI keeps losing like they did this week..."

"I expect Evenvale to surpass them now."

"After the way they played?" Justin asked rhetorically. "For sure, for sure."

"...while Kuat may have sunk theirs with a devastating loss..."

"Yeah, they might fall out of a layoff spot, but they still have a couple of weeks to right the ship."

HSN Top 25 after Week Five (LW)

1. University of Bison (1)
    2. University of Kashyyyk (2)
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa (3)
    4. Sposia Medical University (4)
    6. University of Evenvale (9)
    7. College of Fondordelphia (8)
    8. Cloud City University, Bespin (6)
    9. University of Csilla (10)
    10. Keldabe Military Institute (7)
    11. UB Cape Suzette (19)
    12. The Ord Sabaok University (13)
    13. Verpine Technical Institute (12)
    14. University of Zeltros (14)
    15. University of Kuat (11)
    16. University of Onderon Rupings (17)
    17. Zehava College, Melida/Daan (15)
    18. Druckenwell Technical University (16)
    19. Chandrila A&M University (18)
    20. University of Coruscant (21)
    21. Imperial College of Bastion (25)
    23. University of Euceron (23)
    24. Tiarest University (NR)
    25. Grand Vulpter System University (24)

Trieste likes this.
  24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Deon Canistia
    -Geonosis, Gangbusters Practice Facility

It had been a hell of a week!

What could he say, it was awesome to christen the new homefield with 2 back to back wins.

He jogged around the field in only a pair of cleats and burgundy tights. A solid gold chain resting on the bed of fur that covered his chest. His headphones on as he completed lap 5 of 20. The media was there. Some fans...Well more than some. Usually only a select few groups were welcome to watch Limmie League teams practice, but the Gangbusters needed to rally their fans around them. The team had returned, but it would take a few months, maybe even years to have that kind of team loyalty and buzz about them.

Winning helped though.

He remembered being at GCC and the small college stadium being half full during their games. People on Geonosis loved Limmie on the galactic scale though after years without a home team, there were a number of fan groups for other teams roaming around. It was time the Gangbusters made their mark. Two victories helped that, but a third one...Yea...Hell yea, Deon thought...that would start to make noise. He had replayed last week's game in his head multiple times and watched a good amount of highlights of the blowout win. Their defense was moving and coalescing nicely. Getting to their spots, meeting the ball head on. He had been everywhere last week and his body had taken a beating.

But it also delivered some devastating blows to the Monarchs. He had led the shutout with over 10 tackles.

Lap 10 of 20.

He'd do it again tomorrow. The Starkillers allowed a lot of points week in and week out, so the Gangbusters would be leaning on their offense heavily. That was okay, Deon thought as the sweat started to make his fur drip wet. He told the defense in the meeting this morning that he did not care how many points they scored because the game would be won on their side of the field. The defense. He wanted another shutout. A crushing defeat to put the entire league on notice.

By lap 20...he had convinced himself that he'd get just that.

Tag: @Runjedirun @Trieste

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Shannon Vigo

Naomi stays for the entire game, despite the awfulness of it. If we have ever been 0-4 I don’t remember. I know it’s bad though, super bad. My father Richard walks out of the living room where we are watching the game and back to his office before the game even ends. He doesn’t come out. Not even to say goodnight to me and Ryan.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

My father, Ryan, just shakes his head. “I’m glad I don’t have his job.” He says.

After we stare at each other for what seems like minutes, in silence, not knowing what to say. My father finally says, “Get some sleep. I’ll see you in the morning before school. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” I say. I’ve never been so happy to have Cuckoo and Puffers follow me up the stairs. Neither of my fathers like it, but both pups sleep in bed with me. Without their presence I may have been up all night worrying about my father, Richard. The pups are warm, their presence allows me to forget my troubles and fall into a deep sleep.

The next morning my data pad bleeps to wake me. When I pick it up to shut off the alarm I notice a text from my father, Richard. I want you to know before you see it on the newswire or hear it at school. I had to let Teaspoon and Ms. Dunerider go. Your Aunt Alyada will be the new head coach. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you in person. You and me dinner tomorrow. I promise.

I’m stunned. How could my father fire Teaspoon? She’s a female and an Alien there’s so few of us in high positions and now there’s one less and MY dad did this? If Puffers wasn’t running in circles by my bedroom door ready for her walk, I’d probably be crumpled on my bed in tears. I dry the tears that fell when I read the news and grab the leashes off my dresser.

I can smell sausage patties cooking downstairs as I open my bedroom door. Ryan must be cooking. At least breakfast will be good. Once I get going on the walk, Puffers pulling me forward, Cuckoo dragging two feet behind do I really begin to take in the news. Who’s the new coach going to be my Aunt Alyada? My dad calls her my aunt, but Alyada’s not related to me. Technically no one in this family is related to me by blood, not even by species.

Let me try to explain who my Aunt Alyada is. First of all, she an X Starkiller and she won two cups as a midfielder. During her time as a player my father’s (Richard) sister was married to another player a forward named Andres Fortune. Andres and Alyada had a fling. Alyada became pregnant had the embryo put on ice. Years later when Andres and my adopted Aunt got divorced Alyada showed up and told Andres she was having their baby. Now Andres and Alyada are married. They had the baby, Juliette. So technically Andres first baby who he had with my father’s sister is my cousin. His name is Marty. Juliette is not my cousin.

But it gets more complicated. My father’s sister has another child, a daughter named Zoey and my father Ryan is her real father. My father had an encounter with my other father’s sister that resulted in a baby. My sister, Zoey. If you followed all that. You know that Alyada still isn’t really my aunt.

I don’t have anything against Alyada. She’s just human and her hiring doesn’t do anything for me. I actually do hope she can win some games. That will make my dad happy and my life easier. Our house is not a good place to be when the team loses all the time.

Breakfast is quiet. I tell Ryan I don’t want to talk and he respects that. Ryan is a good father. He let’s me blow off steam in my own way. I am not looking forward to seeing Richard again. He will question a sideways look, if you are brave enough to give him one. Richard is used to being respected. He expects respect. I don’t respect his decision to fire Teaspoon and I don’t want to fake it. I doubt I’ll see Richard today anyway. So for now, I don’t have to fake it.

Naomi makes school and swim team practice tolerable. More than tolerable. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have a friend. Especially right now when I need one so badly. I bring Noami to the house after swim practice only to find my Aunt Louise in the front yard. “Who’s that?” She asks.

“Hi Louise,” I say. “Louise this is my friend from school, Naomi.”

“Naomi, this is Louise. She’s my Aunt and she plays defensive back for the Starkillers.” I add.

Naomi reaches out her hand, but Louise doesn’t offer her hand. “Shannon, I need to talk to you.” Louise demands.

“Can it wait, I have a friend over,” I say.

“I’ve already waited an hour for you to come home.” Louise says.

“Naomi, can you give me a minute?” I ask.

“Sure,” Naomi shrugs. She puts in some ear buds and goes to sit on the porch while Louise pulls me behind one of my father’s speeders to talk.

“Who said you could go make a friend?” Louise asks me.

“What?” I ask confused.

“I thought you and I were friends. Who’s that?” She says pointing at Naomi.

“You and I are friends. I met Naomi at school. She sticks up for me in front of other kids. It’s not like homeschool,” I explain. “Kids gang up on me.”

“Don’t trust her.” Louise says coldly.

I know better than to pay too much attention to Louise, “What do you want?” I ask.

“Where’s your dad. He fired Teaspoon and Yolanda. Is Alyada going to give me minutes? Am I still starting? I need to talk to him.”

“My dad’s probably at work. I just got home.”

“Call him.” Louise demands.

“You call him,” I retort. “I have a friend here.”

I storm off. Louise was my friend, but I have Naomi now. Louise was never a good friend anyway. Of course she’s worried about her dumb starting position. The one she never even earned. Never played on a real high school team, never went to college. My dad wanted her to play on Tatooine but her mom is my father’s mom and my father’s mom has some kind of power over him. Louise is starting. Or maybe she earned it, but I don’t think Richard really wanted to draft Louise at all. I think the reason this team is failing so bad is because we don’t draft talent we draft Vigo’s and Allin’s and Till’s. No wonder Jimsey went to Bakura to play. Force help Alyada Hovechar.

Luckily Naomi doesn’t ask what Louise wanted. Naomi and I make our way to the kitchen and help ourselves to an early dinner. We study together for about an hour before she has to go home.

The next evening is the dinner with my father, who I haven’t seen since Sunday afternoon. He texts me early in the day asking what I want for dinner. I can literally chose anything off any menu in all of Cambrielle. I don’t want anything fancy though, just a burger and fries. Comfort food is the best in this situation. I also ask for chocolate cookie with my order. You can never go wrong with a chocolate cookie.

Richard walks in the door with our take-out meals at 6PM on the dot. Ryan takes his meal to the kitchen and I sit in the dining room with Richard. “How was your day?” He asks casually as we open our containers of food.

I put my fins around my burger. The bun is still warm, it looks delicious. “Not bad,” I answer and take a big bite.

“I want you to know I paid Teaspoon and Yolanda Dunerider the full amount due in their contracts. I know you liked Teaspoon. I remember you posing with her on the field after the Championship and again at the parade a few days later. Those are good memories and I never imagined today would happen.” My dad pauses. “I’m actively searching out other alien candidates to take over as head coach next season. Or assistant head coach. Alayda has to be given a chance to prove herself.”

At least Richard knows why Teaspoon meant so much to me. I am relieved to hear he’s looking for another alien to be the head coach. I take another bite of my burger. I don’t really want to talk. I heard something better than I was expecting to hear and the burger tastes good. Then I remember Louise from yesterday. “Louise wants you to tell Alyada she gets to start,” I say once my mouth is clear of burger meat.

My father shakes his head. It’s a stern shake. “Team business.” He says.

I know not to push him further. I also sense Louise is mad at me for making a new friend. I don’t dislike Louise, she doesn’t have any friends. Even her teammates don’t like her. Everyone knows she plays for the Starkillers because she’s my father’s sister, or her mother used to own the team, or her grandfather used to own the team, or her father used to be the coach, the “reasons” are endless. You know what. I hope someday Louise proves she belongs on the Starkillers. I hope a coach comes along to help her become the defensive force she needs to be.

Maybe that coach is Alyada. Maybe Geonosis is in for a surprise. Or maybe it will be like all the analysts are predicting and the Starkillers will be cremated on Geonosis. Richard flies out with the team. He’s the captain and if the ship goes down he goes down with it. You gotta respect that about my father. Naomi is a good friend. She’s over at the house to watch another Starkillers game. Ryan makes us another killer batch of nachos. Just another Sunday at the Vigo household.

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.