main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Coruscant, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Isn’t that the mentality that brought us here?

Bacon164 likes this.
  2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Again, if you don't think there is a problem, there is nothing stopping you from enjoying your day, ignoring this conversation, and letting the people who do have problems hash out a solution.

3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I’d do that if threads I enjoy and others enjoy weren’t being threatened and comments about narcotics weren’t made about them.

I have a stake in the game like the posters who’ve been attacked needlessly in here.

Edited for more to say.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  4. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Your proposal and that of others asking users ignore the problems they are seeing does nothing to address their concern and comes across as disrespectful in its own right, but it makes sense if you feel threatened and degraded. I will pledge to be respectful in my discourse and strongly encourage others to do the same. I apologize for any offense I've personally caused.

5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm not personally offended by you Bacon, and I didn't mean to sound so aggressive up there. I apologize for the same.

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    They latch on to anything in order to carry on regardless. A page back they made an attempt to say Corona was making them do it. It’s a narcissistic protection of supply move.

7. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    Bacon for mod. Honestly his posts are so refreshing to read

even if he does want me to go the fiery pits of hades :(

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm actually not sure that is accurate, Chorus. The OP specifically said,

It seems to me that the concerns of the person you were responding to fall entirely within the scope of what the OP had specified?

9. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I should expand my apology to any users who have been offended by what I've said. I have spoken a little too off the cuff of many of the JCC's current contents. I still strongly believe that at least as long as there is a pandemic and Star Wars content on the horizon, there is enough traffic and content to sustain a Community Discussion Forum and a Community Fun and Games Forum, each with their own respective system of tags. I suppose any of my own frustration is directed at the fact that nobody other than @Yodaminch has offered a rebuttal of this project proposal.

10. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    to add to this I honestly think tensions between both sets of users would lessen dramatically if there was a sub-forum,

surely that's a better option than the total collapse of the JCC, even if it does mean 5-10 mins making it (if they don't want to re-open the old one)

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Tina

If I actually intended the discussion to be that broad, this thread would usurp the purpose of the entire Communications forum. Yes, we’re trying to improve the JCC, but this thread is specific to 1.) the standard expected of posts in Senate-tagged threads and 2.) +1 style threads. That’s what the discussion has grown around and that’s where it will stay.

harpua and Iron_lord like this.
  12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    With regard to the second issue @Coruscant mentioned, I think people have been shamed just for posting in the +1style threads in this thread. That does seem to be a concern relevant to this thread. Should it be acceptable to denigrate posters just for posting in those style of threads? I think not.That is one of the points I was trying to make in this thread.

13. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I’ve done the best I can to address that very valid point- we can’t change what’s been said, only how we conduct ourselves in further discussion.

14. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Bacon164 I do appreciate your apology, and I do think it is fair to want another tag or another subform or forum to have the game threads in. I just hope the conversation in the future can be conducted with civility. That is really all I was advocating for, but I seem to have stepped on some toes in the process, and for that I do apologize. [face_peace]

Iron_lord and Bacon164 like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You can be assured that is accurate. A different staff member (@Point Given ) wasted their time attempting to assure this thread of what this discussion's trajectory is on the prior page. We can debate your right to derail this thread further in the Unban Request forum so as to not further derail this thread. Because, despite your clear attempts at doing so, you are not in control of this thread.

Point Given , harpua and KnightWriter like this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Where is the general consensus going so far? Moving +1 threads somewhere else or rather just changing their tag ?

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm for moving them to a seperate forum.

3sm1r likes this.
  18. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I would suggest moving literally anything forum game-related. Even the Census sub-tag could arguably be moved. So all of your examples and potentially others.

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    +1 in a different forum

The few short term +1 threads should stay as JCC (survival battle) purely because oif the interaction it can create but this should be mod approved otherwise, +1 threads in their own offshoot forum from the JCC

Don't get me wrong, I think this'll show TJCC as being slower overall but it'll force us (or should) to face the reality and move on accordingly or not.

TJCC is amazingly unique in many respects. The core needs to live but it needs to evolve as the current position ion 2020/2021 depressingly feels like its outdated when viewed stand alone in 2021.

TJCC is amazing ONCE you get past the invisible barriers. for the JCC to continue, we need more posters to get past that invisible barrier.. If that doesn't happen we become a wanky subforum and thats just depressing for a multitude of reasons

3sm1r, harpua, KnightWriter and 2 others like this.
  20. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Separate forum so that people who enjoy either category can do so peacefully

The Maverick and Princess_Tina like this.
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    People being stuck at home has probably contributed but this isn't a recent issue. It was first brought up four years ago.

Coruscant likes this.
  22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I forgot about that thread. All the more reason to cut the cord.

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Different forum.

3sm1r and harpua like this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Juliet as mod.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    +1

3sm1r, harpua and Coruscant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.