main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yusssss.

Wanda-Vision is still due in 2020 I hear.

2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    *explodes out of the corner*

TIME TO UPDATE...

EVERYTHING

3. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I will be starting the next round of updates this weekend :D

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm working through mine too, including combos.

6. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Looks at my inbox and games, crud, time to put down the story ideas and get some more writing done.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Elu, Vo, I just grabbed the GU game, which was kindly collected and continued recently.

[​IMG]

It also includes an in-universe narrative of the Sign era games; which is brilliantly handy.

Though the journal speaker is mainly interested in the idea of God in the game.

8. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am getting so distracted by Assassin's Creed Unity. I finally have the machine to play it. I enjoy it so far. Also love Elise [face_love]

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m pretty hyped for Valhalla to be my first next-gen game.

10. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    I have no time for other games... only Yakuza, the games of kings.

[​IMG]

Speaking of, my Goda shirt just arrived in the mail today.

11. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I rescind my previous comment about Assassin’s Creed, as I completely forgot about Yakuza: Like a Dragon. :p

12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    What system??

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  14. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Anything other than the PS5 is a heresy.

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Xbox Series S for me. Because ... it just makes so much sense.

But I also have a PS4 for anyone who wants to add me to watch me watch Netflix.

16. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

:p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Series X.

I like PlayStation for their exclusives, but I use my Xbox for everything else. Better controller, UI, more friends in that ecosystem, and I still dig the dopamine drip I get for every achievement unlocked.

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I’m between getting the series s and the series x. Both would be an upgrade from the base Xbox one I currently have but...

Don’t attack me here

But I’ve never had any problem with my current Xbox. Like... at all. Is the resolution meh despite me having a 4K tv? Yea. The system isn’t too powerful so I have some crazy texture renders mid game for games that are really new or aren’t optimized. But that aside, none of it has been game breaking.

So either system will be an upgrade. I’m leaning series S because I have a large digital collection already from Xbox and I fear the mid console update that is bound to come would make even a 499 purchase seem ridiculous in 2-4 years.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    All good points! I’m just not quite ready to abandon physical media just yet. You can still find some good sales on games in stores that the digital fronts don’t match, so while I still plan on buying most of my games digitally from here on out, having the option is still worth the added price for me.

But yeah, the mid-cycle half-gen consoles have me a little weary, but my questionable logic says that the earlier I jump in, the less I’ll feel ripped off if/when they announce them. I’d hate to wait a couple years, finally take the next-gen plunge, and then Microsoft be like “SERIES XX BABY” the next day.

20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *coughs*

That’s what happened to me this generation. Lmaoo.

Plus I think the series S looks awesome.

21. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I'd be all for the consoles and games, etc....if they stop increasing the prices during times where it's harder for people to spend on such things. Honestly, it's all cool and hype, but the industry makes me sick.

Just had to say it.

Mitth_Fisto and darthbernael like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *sips a tea*

Ah the sound of IC and OOC panic in my inbox. Lovely.

*raises cup in salute to the players of Dark Reach*

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Relaxes knowing NONE of the messages are from her......

24. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    *Sits back, calmly sipping coffee, enjoying the chaos, wondering if others remember something that has a possibility of happening.*

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Are you referring to the $10 increase on games starting this upcoming generation? Because those things are getting more and more expensive to make these days. And considering games have cost $60 for the past fifteen years, and some of them cost more than that back in the nineties when prices were more fluid, I’d say we’re still getting off easy when you adjust for inflation. :p

I actually applaud Sony and Microsoft for offering cheaper alternatives. $400 for the digital only PS5 and $300 for the Series S... those are extremely reasonable prices for next-gen launch consoles, especially when you consider Sony charged $600 for the PS3 in 2006.

The industry does make me sick somewhat often, but hardware and software prices are far from the reason. :p

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020