main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT If you could SE-style changes of your own, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediVision, Aug 16, 2020.

1. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    Everyone always talks about which Special Edition-and-onward CGI "fixes" they wish they could undo, but what are some changes you personally would make? I would like to hear Obi-Wan call Vader "Anakin" in ANH instead of "Darth," which doesn't really make sense. My guess at maybe why Lucas never wanted to make this change was because it could damage the integrity of the film as a standalone entity -- Why would Obi-Wan call the "young Jedi named Darth Vader" Anakin? -- but the number of people on Earth who don't know anyway has to be in the single digits, so who cares?

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Restore the full scene with Luke, Biggs and Garven Dreis but with a tweak to the dialogue...
    DREIS: I flew with your father in the Clone Wars, if your half as good a pilot you'll do alright.

Have a scene with some Imperials in the cockpit of another Walker attacking Echo Base, just to get a reaction when their Walker goes down.

Restore the Luke lightsaber scene and the Vader communicates with Luke scene but push the latter to a little later in the film.

Boba escaping the Sarlacc.

Restore the full strike team assault on the shield generator, but not whole, intercut it with scenes in space and on the Death Star.

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I wouldn't.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Put in some kind of overt reference to Shadows of the Empire.

Easiest way would probably be to just show Han talking to Dash briefly, and then Dash just walks away. Something simple like that. Even if the name isn't mentioned in the scene, it's still clear and known that that character is in fact Dash Rendar.

I know the Outrider is shown in ANH, but that's more of a subtle reference. Plus you can't be entirely sure it's Rendar's. There are elements from Shadows that are seen throughout the trilogy, but I'm talking about something distinctly Shadows.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  5. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    It's not possible to change that because there is no footage of Alec Guinness saying Anakin in those scenes. You'd have to dub a single word with another actor, which would be akward.

6. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I would just try and have some continuity on the Rebel leadership. They appear and disappear between movies - And in the case of General Rieekan - disappears IN the film.

I think ROTJ can look a little "little" on occasion in the real life footage. It can seem a bit "TV" in it's cinemtography/look compared to ESB and ANH. Maybe something just tweaking that. (bad dialog overdubs from Imperial Officers seems an easy fix.)

I would 1000% SE the prequels - But that is a different forum.

UKS

7. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Put a forth period at the end of the ROTJ crawl. It's the only film with only three periods.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That's what I call attention to detail :D

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    PT:
    TPM: -Restore Qui-Gon destroying the probe scene
    -Edit the Podrace back down to theatrical length

AOTC: -Change the sound effects of Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter engines to match the ones in ROTS.
    -Restore the visit to Padme's family's home scenes
    -Restore certain dialogue scenes
    -Restore Obi-Wan analysis droid scene
    -Restore full scene with Jocasta Nu talking about Dooku

ROTS: -Change sound of ARC-170 starfighters' engines to match TCW (same sound as the x-wing engines)
    -Restore all "seeds of rebellion" scenes
    -Restore Shaak Ti death scene on Invisible Hand
    -Restore Yoda arriving on Dagobah scene

OT:
    ANH: -Restore the Luke and Biggs scenes
    -Restore the Darth Vader "I want them taken in and identified, even if we have to search every household in the system" scene. Showcased different parts of the DS
    -Add a few wide shots of the Obi-Wan Vader duel, but keep the original in
    -Rework certain sound effects that come thru weakly (laser blasts, lightsabers, etc.) in the subwoofer channel
    -Remix the score from the original multitracks (if available) and tweak reverb/effects to match the quality of all the other SW films
    -Add Yavin into the background for the DS attack space battle shots

ESB: -Add more AT-STs in Hoth ground battle (we only see one or two in single shots, which makes them seem out of place)
    -Enhanced subwoofer channel for effects
    -Slightly enhanced CG facial expressions for Yoda (subtle, like more complete blinking and mouth movement)
    -Restore Luke training with a lightsaber and Leia talking about Boba Fett to Luke near the end deleted scenes)

ROTJ: -Restore Luke adjusting his lightsaber intro scene
    -Enhance Jabba's eye blinking and mouth movement using subtle CG
    -Rework/enhance the Han carbonite thawing effect slightly
    -Redo the CG for the Sarlacc Pit
    -Make more of the Ewoks blink instead of just Wicket

ST:
    TFA: -Rework CG and dialogue to have the Republic planet destroyed be Coruscant instead of Hosnian Prime

TLJ: I'm going to skip this one. What I'd add would ultimately amount to redoing the film

TROS: -Include a sequence with Finn talking to Rey about him being Force sensitive, and Rey agreeing to help him with it
    -Add in certain (presumed) sequences of exposition in between action sequences, to add breathing room

This is simply my wish list, however realistic or not it may seem. However, if they didn't do ANY of this at all I'd be fine. The ONLY thing I would really want is for them to redo all of the lightsaber effects, so that they look consistent across the entire saga.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Jediking97 likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    When i first watched TESB i wasn't sure whether Rieeken actually escaped the Imperial fleet blockading Hoth, i don't think it was even revealed until the late 90s EU novels.

For the life of me i cannot understand why John Ratzenberger wasn't brought back for ROTJ, whether have him running around the redwood forests or pottering about onboard Home One.
    [​IMG]

SlashMan, christophero30 and Sarge like this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I would include the first scenes of Luke and his friends at Tosche Station. Helps give context regarding Biggs.

I’d also give Ian McDiarmid a cameo in ANH.

Maybe Qui-Gon’s ghost in ROTJ. I’m tempted to say Padme too, but that may be stretching the nature of the Force.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    darthfettus2015 likes this.
  12. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Ben called this name "Anakin" in ROTJ. Hypothetically, nothing prevents you from transferring a sample of the voice from there.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  13. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Add a scene in which Leia had expressed grief over Alderaan's destruction. Have Leia and Han first become romantically aware of each other, instead of it happening off-screen - before "TESB" began.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    StardustSoldier and sith_rhino like this.
  14. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Remove the Luke Leia kiss on Hoth.

LedReader and Django Fett like this.
  15. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I love the scenes on Tatooine with Biggs and his friends.. it was so American Graffiti... oddly this is not my favourite aspect of the story as its not really otherworldly enough.. but i do really like it.

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    For ROTJ I would change the line "Obi-wan once thought as you do" to "Your mother once thought as you do" since Obi-wan never really made any plea to Anakin in ROTS.

I would also make the Emperor's hologram in ESB more closely match hisl ook in ROTJ like ESB: Revisited.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  17. Bring_My_Shuttle

Bring_My_Shuttle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 22, 2006
    Two things at the end of Jedi:
    1) Add a scene of celebrations on Hosnian Prime
    2) Right before the credits, have the sound of the Emperor laughing.

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I wouldn't have made changes, but if it were a "gun to your head" kind of thing, I would have made 2 changes to TESB: showing the AT-AT dropping Snowtroopers down to the base and a brief firefight at the entrance, complete with an E-WEB and an AT-ST, with the Rebels getting quickly smoked. Also right after the Falcon goes into hyperspace after Cloud City, we see Slave 1 come out of hyperspace over Tattooine. He lands on a pad outside Jabba's palace, and we see some Gamorreans and Weequay approaching his ramp as the ship powers down.

19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Alter two or three shots of the Death Star surfaces where the model work kind of stands out like a plastic toy.

20. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    Im about 95% happy with the versions we have today but if had to change anything to make it my perfect version I would change
    Alter Han Cantina scene again
    Add Deleted Scenes especially the Luke and Biggs and Moff Jerjerrod ones as they are my favs.

As for the other films stick with the ones we have other than deleted scenes

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Replace The Emperor’s advisors in ROTJ with Mas Amedda and Sly Moore (his advisors from AOTC and ROTS).

StardustSoldier likes this.
  22. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    -Correct the continuity error of Ponda Baba's finned hand turning into a furry fingered hand in the cantina scuffle, and make it less bloody (I believe this exists as a deleted scene).
    -Add back in a deleted scene of the snitch running out of the cantina and talking to the Stormtroopers
    -Add back the deleted scene of Vader mentioning how he killed Luke's Aunt and Uncle during their Bespin fight
    -Restore footage of Bossk hanging out of Boba in Jabba's castle and any additional shots of Dengar. Makes for better continuity
    -Restore the cut footage of Boba Fett fighting/expand that to look less wonky
    -Add in the deleted scene of Yoda telling Luke that Obi-Wan wanted him to know the truth

Basically a lot of great deleted scenes were left on the cutting room floor. While the films being perfectly paced as-is is a delicate science, part of me would greatly enjoy seeing every abandoned subplot and concept get crammed into one film.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  23. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Add a subtitle to Bossk's line: "We're not scum."

From memory, I think Empire is the only chapter without alien subtitles?

24. Captain_Cosmos

Captain_Cosmos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 1, 2011
    Do what Adywan did with ESB Revisited, but also add AT-AA walkers to the battlefield and Snowtroopers assaulting the Rebel trenches in the Battle of Hoth

25. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I would've had Carrie fisher and Mark rerecord some ROTJ dialogue. Scene can be modded to have shots of her facing Luke for some of this with her back to the camera,and CGI alterations where necessary.

Luke: " Leia....Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"
    Leia: " No,she died when I was very young."
    Luke: "What do you know about her?"
    Leia: " Just images,really. Stories."
    Luke: "Tell me!"
    Leia :" She looked very beautiful, kind, but it was said she was sad.Why are you asking me this?"
    Luke: " I have no knowledge of my mother. I never knew her..."