main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the X-Men and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender. You are allowed to use non mutants that you think would fit, and have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?

woo! okay. i'm going to go different from my other team from the page before.

gambit, magneto, groot, rogue, psylocke, jessica drew, t'challa, jane foster (thor), kate bishop...and deadpool. :p

El Jedi Colombiano and s_heffley like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Now that's an X-Men team that would be interesting to see, and explain :p

Do you want them to have X-Men uniforms or each their own costume

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    s_heffley likes this.
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    groot, jessica drew, t'challa and jane foster (thor) aren't mutants,are they?

4. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    ;)

ok I guess I have to ask a question for Heels.

Hmm...

uhh.

*looks at avatar*

your favourite Disney little person.

5. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    What's your favourite star wars book?

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What's your favourite Star Wars comic?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Favourite episode of a Star Wars tv show? And fave SW show in general? ;)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Favorite clone?

Favorite Bounty Hunter?

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lots to catch up on - i appreciate all of the questions!

groot in an x-men uniform seems too good to pass on. suit 'em up.

star wars tales #21 - for the kyle katarn story by nathan butler, "equals and opposites"

allo ccb! they are not - but gam said in his question that i could pick non-mutants that might fit, i believe.

first one is really tough, but i think i'd go rex after the ending of tcw. favorite bounty hunter is certainly din djarin. i'm not sure i like any other bounty hunters, really - closest would be zam.

got a few. the first sw book i ever read was jedi trial, so that has to make the list - it's a great anakin book. my favorite old-school legends book is tatooine ghost. new-school star wars book is claudia gray's recent master & apprentice. favorite all-time is labyrinth of evil.

allo..the maverick! bb-8, of course, if we can call him a person. but also grumpy. :)

favorite show in general is the clone wars, the more recent one. favorite episode of a sw tv show is the premiere of the clone wars, the old 2D one. some nostalgia, but i like the way it ties into the end of aotc. the episode of rebels when kanan sacrifices himself probably runs a close second, as does the finale of tcw (newer). i've yet to really watch the resistance show - i like the era, but the animation style doesn't entice. :p

10. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Still repeating the same movies/tv shows over and over or finally breaking the cycle a bit Heels? :p

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    breaking the cycle! just finished the americans for the first time, it was great. moving to tom clancy's jack ryan and the boys on amazon prime next. not as much time for tv as I used to have, but trying to expand my horizons a bit.

also, did you know that the community shield is tomorrow? the champions league final was five days ago - when was the offseason!?! :p

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What was your first job ever?

What is your favorite song ever?

Have you ever been to Disney land or world what were you thoughts?

Is there any franchise that you like more than Star Wars?
    @heels1785

Emperor Ferus and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    What was your first job ever?
    good question. my first job ever was a camp counselor at vacation bible school in 8th grade, i think.

What is your favorite song ever?

starman, david bowie.

Have you ever been to Disney land or world what were you thoughts?
    long time ago, i went twice. got to ride on the OG "star tours" with 3po and r2 with my dad. i was so young that i didn't really process much of it the first time. the second time i had a lot more fun on the disney stuff, but still was too young to appreciate epcot and mgm studios. i hope to go back as an adult and see all of the awesome star wars/marvel stuff some day.

Is there any franchise that you like more than Star Wars?
    not a one. dc comics is probably the closest.

14. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    @heels1785
    What's the greatest Chappelle's Show sketch?

Emperor Ferus and heels1785 like this.
  15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    At what age did you first start loving Duke basketball?

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    when keeping it real goes wrong

yo chris! the answer is 758.

17. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    i am kind of an exhausted zombie right now so i don't have a question atm but i just want to note for the record that i think @heels1785 is totally awesome. that is all:p

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    darkspine10 and Pensivia like this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What is your favorite type of cookie?

heels1785 likes this.
  20. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    what are your favorite 5 video games?

heels1785 likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who is best X-Men, and why is it Cyclops?

heels1785 likes this.
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @heels1785 I think I know the answers to most of these but just in case:

Favorite The West Wing character - main?
    Favorite The West Wing character - reoccurring?
    Favorite The West Wing character - one appearance?
    Favorite season of The West Wing?
    Favorite episode of The West Wing?

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    sorry everyone, just catching up!

chewy chips ahoy. close second are the ones with reese's.

1. final fantasy VII remake
    2. knights of the old republic (1)
    3. burnout paradise (OG version, xbox 360)
    4. ncaa football 2004
    5. tiger woods pga tour 14

he's the leader. also, he shoots lasers out of his eyes.

[​IMG]

yayaya.

sam seaborn is my favorite main series character. his idealism is challenged over the years, but he never allows circumstances or anyone, no matter their rank, to change it or him. runners up are arnold vinick and leo mcgarry.

favorite reoccuring character is a very tough one. i'd say it's a tie between three - lord john marbury, percy fitzwallace, and amy gardner.

favorite one-off is, of course,

although i also like congressman joe willis of ohio, and the "it's diesel!" big redneck fella who is somehow dating amy ****ing adams.

favorite season is the second one. the first one is a close runner-up, but can seem too rosy at times - although there are definitely some heavy hitter episodes. consequences and the struggle feel much more real in the second year, characters begin to leave (by choice or not), and things are starting to go downhill towards a quagmire, and you can feel it - especially at the end.

favorite episode is so difficult. in the past, it's changed, but usually between three - i think my most frequent answer is unfortunately cliche, but "two cathedrals." i think that may be the best hour of television ever produced - from the way it permanently changes so many characters to the cinematography of the climactic jed bartlet v. God scene that abby foreshadowed with a remark very early on in the series, on the episode where the big hurricane took out the navy tender ship.

very close is "someone's going to emergency, somebody's going to jail," because it's a sam episode that allows rob lowe to really dive into the character - dealing with his parents' divorce (based on lowe's actual familial situation - i think i read that his dad really did have a secret family that they learned about later on) and paralleling that personal betrayal with revelations of the soviet spy blackwater, known only to donna's friend as her grandfather. i also like the don henley song "new york minute," from which the title is drawn.

third is "take this sabbath day," from the first season - deals with the internal struggle over capital punishment in a very expressive, raw way (at least for where american politics were in the late 90s/early 00s). my favorite line from this episode comes from charlie - when jed asks him if he'd want to see the murderer of his mother put to death, charlie's response of "no sir..." (the expected line from a sorkin liberal fantasyland) "...I'd want to do it myself." (the real answer that makes tww special).

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Top 5 X-Men?

X-men characters that should be used more?

X-Men characters that you think got the shaft by the writers/editors?

25. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Favourite wolverine?