main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Through All Eternity - Romantic Quote Challenge #19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GregMcP, Sep 20, 2020.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Through All Eternity
    For the Romantic Quote Challenge

Whenever Beauty looks,
    Love is also there;
    Whenever beauty shows a rosy cheek
    Love lights Her fire from that flame.
    When beauty dwells in the dark folds of night
    Love comes and finds a heart
    entangled in tresses.
    Beauty and Love are as body and soul.
    Beauty is the mine,
    Love is the diamond.

[​IMG]

Look at her. Isn’t she beautiful?

Her dark eyes squint in concentration. Her thin old fingers with knobbly knuckles are still nimble after all these years. They expertly clean the carbon marks from a condenser tube I had scavenged just this morning.

Look at the deep creases in her sun leathered skin. Earned by scratching a long hard life from this scorched land.

Look at her simple brown gauze robes. The scarf tightly wrapped around her grey hair. Light, but covering. Protecting from the sun, but allowing air flow to keep cool. She wears it with dignity and grace and in the right moment when the desert winds blow, with a great drama that can take my breath away.

I have kissed those creased cheeks an uncounted number of times.
    I have kissed those lips in simple greeting, with happy affection, in high passion.
    I have hugged that frail little body, and more.

She sits there scrubbing away in the shade of the tent as farmers and scavengers go about their business behind her in Niima Outpost. She belongs here. She makes our world more beautiful.

She is my companion, my heart and soul for so long that I cannot count the years.

She hands me the compressor tube.
    “That’s worth a whole portion. Don’t let him rob you.” she says sharply.
    “Yes dear.”
    “Don’t you give in again. Insist on a whole portion. You always let him get his way!”
    Her eyes glare at me.
    I give her a sheepish smile.
    “I will try.”
    And I get up to go.

“Hey! You forgot!” she calls out.
    Of course I did. I am so forgetful sometimes. I come back and bend down, and two old lovers briefly kiss.
    “Sorry.” I say. “I love you”
    Her serious attitude breaks for a moment and she gives that little smile that melts my heart.
    “I love you too.”
    She gives me a second peck on my chin.
    “Now go! Go! Don’t let him rob you!”

And so off I go.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was an exquisite use of the quote!!! :D Tender and loving.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    This is beautiful, and such a unique use of your quote!

[face_love] I just love this.

Fantastic job on this! =D=

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is absolutely beautiful and such a powerful story!
    I love how at the start we are asked to look at her and see her as beautiful (and she is!) and then we get to see how she's beautiful in her lovers eyes. I also really liked that you included the picture, it really adds to the depth of the story to be able to actually look at her.

Thank you so much for this story, it really brought me feelings of love and peace.
    Bravo! =D=@};-

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for giving the elderly lady from The Force Awakens such a sweet back story. Yes, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Well, done!

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness but this is such a stunning, gorgeous piece of writing! I love the first person POV, how intimate and passionate it is! You portrayed such a beautiful, loving bond that has only grown more dear with time, and I enjoyed every single word from start to finish. [face_love]

Really, truly well done! =D=

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Gorgeous work—a beautiful vignette, and a beautiful portrait of love that has only beautified with wear and tear and age, because it comes from the depths of the soul. What could be a bigger blessing on this, bleak, barren world where one has to eke out a living from day to day on scavengers’ portions? And of course I always love seeing the background characters expanded on and given life; I too love that you included her picture. Amazing job once again, Greg. You got it out of the park every single time with these incredible oneshots of yours! =D=