main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have to admit that I don't see the Sith part of that.

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That’s true, but like the Sith they are elsewhere, elusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If you could only watch one movie, one TV show, and read one book for the rest of you life, which ones would you pick and why?
    Are there any fandoms you just read fanfic of but don't write? If so, is there a reason you don't write them?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any podcast you would like to recommend?

What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?

What would you like to see in the future of SW?

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Oh wow- those would be hard to chose because there are so many I enjoy but if I had to chose just one of each...
    - The NeverEnding Story (novel). I loved the movie when I was a little girl and they showed this on Disney a lot in the early 1990’s. It wasn’t until 1998 when I read a reader recommendation column in the monthly Cricket that I learned it was a novel. We had to special order it from Borders Books.
    - For the TV show, I would have to say the Original KidSongs TV Show (1984-1987). This introduced how you made tv shows and I used to pretend the crew were my friends.
    - I would chose the obscure film Mio in the Land Far Away because it’s one I had dim memories of until I found it on YouTube.

As a fan writer, I jump from fandom to fandom. I like reading Doctor Who, NCIS, and The Chronicles of Narnia. I don’t write stories for them because I am afraid about keeping everyone in character.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    What's a movie, book, show, etc., that you think is underrated? What's one you think is overrated?

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I recommend NPR’s “In Character” as a podcast. They have an episode devoted to Darth Vader.
    [​IMG]
    I would love to see some of the more obscure Force powers show up, like psychometry.
    I would love to see a proper Star Wars romance novel with a happy ending, like we saw with Courtship.
    I would like to see more connections to Doctor Who and The Dark Crystal.
    I hated the Yuuzhan Vong, and I think they should have stuck with Sith as the main baddies.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any thoughts about the fan theory that Doctor Omega and the first Doctor are the same people?

9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I think the anime series “Big O” is underrated. It’s Batman meets Gundam Wing, with a beautiful jazz standard end song.

I think The Bachelorette/Bachelor is overrated because there are sooooo many shows about shallow beautiful people looking for love while stabbing each other in the back. How does that make for good entertainment?

As for Doctor Omega being the First Doctor, I was unaware of this theory until you mentioned it. I think it's neat an obscure French novel from 1906 is similar in many ways to Doctor Who, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they're the same person.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Favorite animal and why? How would you incorporate said animal as a non-human in SW?

What's your honest opinion of cats wearing hats?

What are some good anime recommendations?

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Oooh, those are good questions.

My favorite animals are wolves, snakes, and ladybugs because they’re neat and I’ve always liked them. Maybe snakes are used as living weapons by a vigilante group and they have domesticated wolves as mounts.

I don’t think cats should wear hats, unless it’s Millicent.

Of course I can recommend good anime. Soul Eater and DBZ Super are good shonen series, Magic Knight Rayearth is a fine shoujo series, and you can never go wrong with the films of Studio Ghibli.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of hats do you think Millicent wear?

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Do you cook or bake? If so, what's your favorite recipe(s) to make?

What type of environment do you like when you write? (So like, music, location, etc.)

14. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    We have six days left to ask @Nehru_Amidala all our questions!:)

@Nehru_Amidala Who is your favorite Sith from the Star Wars movies and why? Also, what do you like most about the Sith?

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who is your favorite Sith from the EU?

16. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Whatever one she wants!

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yes, I cook but I do not bake. I like making pasta dishes best, as you can see here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For writing, I require a quiet room and a good music mix on my IPhone.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And what hats do she want to wear?

:p

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    My favorite Sith from the films is Darth Vader because he’s the coolest character and he gets he own leitmotif.

The Sith have better back stories and characters than the Jedi do.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Still Vader.

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Ones made of gaberdine and merino wool.

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    We really need a fanon post at The Fanon Thread about Millicent's collection of gaberdine and merino wool hats she wears [face_laugh]

Followup questions:
    Favorite plants/flowers?

If you could have any profession in the Galaxy Far Far Away, what would it be and why?

Good pasta recipe recommendations?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I like paperwhites, daffodils, orchids, and sunflowers.
    [​IMG]
    I think I would want to be a Jedi Diplomat in a time where I wouldn’t be in the crosshairs of the Sith.

Spaghetti with shrimp sauce or any tomato based sauce.

24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Two more days left to ask @Nehru_Amidala all our questions!:)

@Nehru_Amidala Do you like to decorate for Halloween, and if so what are your favorite decorations?[face_pumpkin]

Sadie Erso and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What is one TV show that is currently on you would like to recommend to people and why? (You can mentione more then one if you want )

What is one TV show that is no longer on the air you want to recommend to people and why? (You can mentione more then one if you want )