main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Zalzabar's Zpa - OOC Thread for The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Perhaps flutters of it (the most recent lore dump I mean) but probably not taken too seriously. After all Zalzabar basically found this on the back of a napkin. [face_laugh]

The origin of the nine races is widely accepted though

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I rather enjoyed that last Lore Dump. I basked in the grandiose music, which catered to me so specifically - thank you for that.

And see.... Anaxagore is right.....about a 'great many things'. ( He read the books ) :p

Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Haha... glad you liked it.

I'm not sure I follow the last part...what is Anaxagore right about?

greyjedi125 likes this.
  5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Everything! [face_laugh]

You knew that was coming! LOL!! I mean about Sapientis....He's REAL!!

6. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Oh, right right.... no set this all up and Sapientis is fake... the remainder of the story will be a high school drama...:p winks at @galactic-vagabond422

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I really hope to see how the immediate interaction between Anaxagore, Rebecca and Red Roger turns out, as well as Sonus and Kaynus, just before Esenma pulls a move that would make Valynor ( Genesis Gate ) weep with tears of Arcane joy!

Does Delsanra save Cretaus and Taella?

What of Ne'tar??

Is the Fire Wench dead?

So many more questions abound.

So much awesome in how things are progressing...and so much OMG!! She just killed us ALL!!!! [face_laugh][face_skull]=D=

Love it!

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    When I was thinking about unleashing this kind of attack, I had to go through how Esenma views the rest of the group.

Rebecca and Anaxagore, to Esenma, are more the strong ones(the battle hardened warriors), so she believes that they will survive. She trusts in Zalzabar knowing her abilities well enough to know what was about to come and be able to watch out for Kaynus. Ne’Tar is the one that worries her the most because, despite being hardy, he is a newborn.

As the situation grew more dire, with Kaynus about to be killed and Roger positioned to wound at least one of the stronger warriors if not kill both of them, she had to roll the dice for the future and risk it all.

Hopefully you all won’t forget your aunty on your way out! After an attack like that, needless to say the ole girl won’t be at her best anymore.

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I completely loved what you did here. I saw it in RP terms, how she did a Leadership roll ( rolls a natural 20 ) then proceeds to unpack the scene. If she succeeds ( she does, she rolls 18 and casts an Elder Magic spell ) The Castle gets destroyed ( critical result ) and she also manages to defeat her opponent(s). Red Roger, Fire Witch and Sonus must roll saving rolls or take full damage. She has calculated that if the warriors survive their encounter, they should be able to do their own saving rolls vs 'Avalange / Castle Collapse' or take reduced damage if injured, and has enough familiarity with Zalzabar to count on his support to save the others. She knows that Zalzabar has enough extra turns and actions of opportunity to get himself and the non-ryujin out. However, the exertion will leave her vulnerable and her magic might run wild, creating a different set of circumstances until the spell runs out.

Brilliant.

In my game (Home brewed table top RP ) she would have gotten a double portion of bonus points ( EXP) for that maneuver.

Well met Lady Esenma. =D=

10. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Grey, you must invite me to one of your table tops!

The last time I played was on deployment and one of the guys was playing a rat thief who was able to defeat a giant by throwing a chair into his eye and doing critical damage. Awesome

Mitth_Fisto, Shadowsun, Ktala and 2 others like this.
  11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    SCREW THAT!...i DONT WANNA LOOSE GRANNY!

Or i'll have to pull a two-fer...... :p

Besides, Del did send a rather huge chunk of ice down the maw of a certain dragon.... lol

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm investigating if it can be done online. Roll20 doesn't support certain features I need and I still have to figure out more functionalities on Discord. Not sure if they have a 'dice roller'. I ran several pilot games on Skype and used a separate dice rolling site ( fair variables ). The music was always an issue as I run my games with music (non-negotiable necessity). I'll keep you posted should it happen in this lifetime. LOL!

13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Not sure how familiar you are with Discord bots but they can be used to add a lot of functionality. Dice Maiden is one that comes to mind. Designed specifically for RPGs.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Clearly not as familiar as I should be. I'll look into this Maiden you speak of. Thanks for the tip. :)

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Yea what happened to that chunk of ice?? Lmaoo

greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I didn't forget about it... ;)

17. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    @Shadowsun

3 years into the adventure the chunk of ice will fall from the sky and kill Sapientis. The story was about the inevitability of death and chance all along. Something something, butterfly effect.

Mitth_Fisto, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Riiiight because a being that is a master of ice...oh nevermind...

Darth_Elu likes this.
  19. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @The Jedi in the Pumas wow that’s a spell! I think Taella is about to say bye bye to Kansas....

Hope the arrows helped!

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ....scratches head...thoroughly confused.... lol

[​IMG]

21. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright this is a little weird but I'm going to be 'half updating' via a combo with the amazing @Darth_Elu I'll post the other half of the update right afterwards. It'll make more sense when you see it. :)

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Plays Jeopardy theme song. :p

23. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Insert subplot:

The group has to make a trip to Xan to buy matching turbans and replace the one Ne’tar may lose.

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Ha! I expect we'll make a stop at some point in Xan... for reasons... [face_mischief]

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  25. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I like this game because it’s early but, judging from your vision, this is like a traveling crew type of game. I’ve only been part of one before here from R_Zion. He had a Star Wars game that was about a ship crew that travelled from planet to planet just doing random stuff.