main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Me after watching Chapter 12.
    [​IMG]
    So it's very likely now that The Mandalorian will connect to the sequels :(. Those vats looked really similar to the pickled Snokes.

So Gideon is using The Child's DNA to experiment on people and make them force sensitive I think?

I wouldn't be surprised if Snoke ends up being one of these experiments. New theory Moff Gideon is Snoke [face_thinking].

Also was the guy who put the tracker on Mando's ship Ochi? I swear it was.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It wasn’t the same character. It was a Mimbanese from Solo. And yeah, the connectivity is no surprise at all, given that this show takes place between the OT and the ST.

Jedi Knight Fett and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Although I wasn't a fan of the ST, I am please they are adding in connective tissue. Perhaps this show will do for the ST what the Clone Wars did for the PT...

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    It seems very likely that the Imperials are trying to create artificial Force users and they need blood of a natural Force user for that. Perhaps the "donor" also needs to be very young and/or very powerful in the Force, which is why they're after this specific child.

And all of this means, midi-chlorians are back!

We know high concentration of midi-chlorians in blood is what allows Force users to be able to "speak" to the Force, so to create an artificial Force user, they're probably trying to artificially increase the concentration of midi-chlorians in their soldiers blood. Gideon probably also wants to make himself Force sensitive when the process becomes stable and safe.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I don't see any of this connecting to Snoke/Palpatine at all, honestly (and I hope it stays that way). With the information that the show has presented thus far, Gideon's Imperial Remnant has noting to do with Palpatine's First/Final Order, and the Child's blood is feeding into Gideon's (cloned?) super soldiers, not a new body for Palpatine.

7. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I hope we get to see more unique variations of Mando armor in S2, like this concept.[​IMG]

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think it was always kinda likely the Mandalorian would connect to the sequels in some way. almost like planting the early seeds for the sequels here. since its still fairly early in the timeline.

9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    The Imperial Officer telling the spy that he will be rewarded in the new era certainly makes it seem like they have knowledge of the First or Final Order's plans.

cwustudent and boomx2sjk like this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    You know nothing, Jon Favreau

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also it seems the cloning scene we might hear Snoke's theme a little it sounds like it.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  12. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Or that Gideon is looking to kickstart his own continuation of the Empire, which I personally find more compelling.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Or he is apart of the first order/final order. seems that way with Snoke clones involved.

14. GDGJ

GDGJ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 29, 2016
    They aren’t Snoke clones. It’s a rework of the Dark Trooper project from the old Dark Forces series.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  15. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Either way, I am definitely liking how this is playing into the story we got in the Aftermath books. I find the time between the OT and the ST far more compelling than the ST era based on what we have seen thus far.

boomx2sjk and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    those at the end sure, but not the clones we see when we hear Snoke's theme they two very different projects.

17. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I don't know... given the setup of the clones/payoff of the troopers at the end, all within the same episode, I feel like what they're conveying here is that the clones and the troopers are the same project, as he breeds soldiers with the Child's blood pumping through them; he's definitely going to need some heavy hitters like that by his side if he's to stand any chance against Ahsoka next week.

The repurposing of music associated with Snoke seems to me like a linking of the ideas thematically, more so than literally. The various post-Empire factions all seemed to have projects like the going on, and it is Gideon's, in isolation of Palpatine's stuff, that we're watching play out in the series.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    the doctro said they were all failed clones , so no it can't be the same projects they need baby yoda for the clones to work so unless the dark troopers are just stand in they different projects.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  19. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Just a thought:

Could Greef Karga's ulterior motives, mentioned by Carl Weathers, indicate an incoming double-cross? For the sake of argument, let's say he's in on the tracker being installed. What would that mean? Is it feasible? I'm trying to figure out a possible motive for it, and the only one I can think of at the moment is that he has some sort of superficial deal with Gideon ensuring his own survival. The predictable outcome is that Greef himself is betrayed in the end.

20. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Those in the vats were failed because they ran out of blood. The ones at the end were the earlier successes.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To me it seemed like they all failed becasue there was no enough blood of the child.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I certainly hope not. That would be some Kingdom of the Crystal Skull level quadruple-crossing, considering his arc last season.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Speaking of Kingdom of Crystal Skull, I got big KotCS vibes with the troop transport went over the side of the cliff.

cwustudent and BalanceOfTheForce like this.
  24. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm with you on that but the thought did pop into my head.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s not a good thing, IMO. ;)