main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Luke charges to his landspeeder and takes off in ANH while Obi Wan cries out for him to wait.
    Leia charges to the speeder bike and takes off with Luke crying for her to wait but he makes it on with her in ROTJ. Luke becoming more of the Obi Wan mentor and Leia his apprentice foreshadowing how Luke will train her. Also shows the similarities between Luke and Leia. Both charge head first into dangers when others lives are at stake, recklessly so sometimes, a trait inherited from both Anakin and Padme.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Vader having to move closer to Commander Tagge to apply his choke.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Another thing I only noticed recently: Luke's poncho. He's seen putting on his poncho while they're walking towards docking bay 94 (right after Obi-Wan says "If his ship's as fast as he's boasting, we ought to do well"), so in the next scene when they're in the docking bay, he's wearing it ("What a piece of junk!"), but apart from that, the poncho is nowhere to be seen. He just put on his poncho to walk into the docking bay and enter the Falcon, but then took it off again right away. Then he's wearing it again later during one scene in the rebel base hangar but that's it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  4. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I had honestly never noticed the dice hanging in the cockpit of the Falcon until a few months ago. :oops:

Jimbing and Count Yubnub like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't think he had to move closer, it was just an intimidation move.

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Right when the Sail Barge Assault starts we get a brief shot of this Hutt mural behind 3PO:
    [​IMG]

Also, it looks like a probe droid is lined up on the right side next to the black-painted astromechs when the Emperor arrives on the Death Star:
    [​IMG]

And also that random TIE fighter suspended halfway up the hangar by the door on the left, guess it's in for repairs or something?

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, Leia puts the pocho over Luke's shoulders after they escape the Death Star and he's mourning Ben's loss, just before the gunport sequence. And, in a nice bit of continuity, Qui-Gon wears a similar poncho when trying to blend in on Tatooine in TPM.

8. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    We all know that Vader kills Ozzel because Ozzel came out of lightspeed within range of the Rebels sensors. What I never noticed until just recently is that the reason Vader gets upset is because the Rebels were alerted to their presence and have their shields up. But that wasn't Ozzel's fault. The Rebels were already expecting the Empire because of the probe droid that Vader sent. It's Vaders' own fault that the Rebels knew the Empire was coming.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    ConcordDawn and Jediking97 like this.
  9. Jimbing

Jimbing Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2020
    Oh my goodness...YES! That Jabba Mural is phenomenal! I 've never seen/noticed that before. Is that really there? I have to watch Rotj now.., Look at him! Wow. George Lucas...underneath that mild mannered man probably lies a Jabba mural. The Droids lined up as well is super cool. Never noticed that as well

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Not so much noticed as realised, but thanks to a line in The Force Unleashed Hoth DLC of all things, I now understand that this shot of snow falling onto R2's head:
    [​IMG]

...is actually foreshadowing for the reason the tunnel collapses in front of Han and Leia later on:
    [​IMG]

TFU's alt-timeline non-canon DLC set during the Battle of Hoth has a line where an Imperial mentions that vibrations from the Walker's footsteps are causing tremors in the ice caves, leading to structural collapses. Putting that together with the snow falling on R2 timed exactly to match with Rebels announcing Imperial Walkers nearby, it seems like more than a coincidence to me. The implication that suggests is that, whether intentionally by the Imperials or not, the Walkers' titanic footsteps are what cause the tunnel collapses in Echo Base, not any direct weapons fire.

I wonder if this was a dropped beat from the original ESB script that eventually found its way into TFU. It wouldn't be the first example, since a discarded design for an archway near Jabba's Palace in ROTJ made its way into the Tatooine DLC.

Edit: The deleted Wampa base attack scenes lend some more support, as thy imply that the ice caverns go far underground, linking Echo Base to the Wampa's caves far across the plain. So the base has extensive underground areas placed beneath the plain of battle, susceptible to seismic disturbances.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  11. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Just watched ANH in 4K for the first time. R2 and 3PO are really grimy at the start in a way that I'd never noticed before. After 3PO's dismantled by the sand people, he's caked with sand. First time I've seen that as well...

12. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    After seeing ANH five thousand times, I just noticed the grappling hook that Luke uses.

[​IMG]

13. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I've seen Empire, thousands of times, but I just now noticed the dialog at the very end.

Lando says, "When we find Jabba the Hutt, and that bounty hunter, we'll contact you."
    Luke replies with, " We'll meet you at the rendezvous point on Tatooine."

If Lando and Chewie haven't found them yet, how do they already have a rendezvous point? If Luke is from Tatooine, how does he not know where Jabba the Hutt's palace is? But they have a rendezvous point, which implies they already know where Jabba is and where his palace is. Boba Fett is the only one they need to find, to make sure he actually went straight to Jabba with Carbonite Han.

Edit: And it still bugs me that Lando is wearing Han's clothes, even if there is a rational explanation.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Count Yubnub and sith_rhino like this.
  14. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Vader is like any middle manager. He makes sure **** rolls downhill [face_laugh][face_laugh]

FightoftheForgotten likes this.
  15. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I've always taken from this that they knew the planet Jabba was one but not the exact location. And I dont really think that the Lars family had any involvment in Jabbas dealings and didnt know where is palace was located. So Lando and Chewie went first to check out everything before they met Luke and Leia at the Rendezvous point to make a plan. At least thats what Iam taking from it.

Btw: this from wookieepedia:

Jediking97 and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    That Han, Lando and Leia walk by Lobot right before they get to the room with Vader on Cloud City. Granted you see him from behind but I'm assuming it's Lobot. Unless there's numerous people on Cloud City with cybernetic implants wearing puffy sleeved shirts.

17. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I ordered a 4K DVD player and the OT 4K DVD's and am really excited about things like this!!
    By the way, Arwen, the other 4K DVD's I ordered are Lord of the Rings. ;-)

Arwen Sith and StartCenterEnd like this.
  18. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I watched TESB for the umpteenth time and noticed that, when the Millennium Falcon enters the asteroid field, C3-PO grabs onto Chewie in fear.

19. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I never noticed that an anagram of "Return of the Jedi" is the rather amusing "Hero injured Fett"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  20. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    My family and I had recently re-watched the Battle of Yavin. I noticed that the number of Rebel and Imperial fighters involved in the fight was rather minimal. And then I noticed that although many of Luke's squadron were wiped out, the Rebellion did not send out anymore fighters. Because there were a good of them at the medal ceremony. Rather disappointing, if I must be honest.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The probe droid let the Rebels know the Empire was coming. Ozzel let the rebels know the Empire had arrived. And then the rebels turned on the shield,

The shield generator takes an enormous amount of power to operate and can only run for a limited amount of time. Also when it’s on, that amount of energy can be detected, it would be like a beacon for the Rebel bases location. The shield can stay on long enough to cover evacuating the base. It can’t protect the rebels for a prolonged siege

Ozzel brought the fleet too close to the base. They were detected and then the rebels switched on the shield. Vader wanted them to arrive further away outside detection range. All the asteroids and space activity in the Hoth system could have hidden them. Then Vader could try some sort of surprise attack, like send a commando team to knock out the shield. He’d have options to destroy or capture the Rebels on his terms.

Instead the Rebels led a successful defense allowing all three transports to escape.

22. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    That's my point though, the Rebels already knew the Empire was on its way and able to have pre-planned for the evacuation because of the probe droid. The Empire wouldn't have been able to get the jump on the Rebels regardless of whether Ozzel pulled out of lightspeed within range of their scanners or not. Eventually the Empire has to move within attack range which means the Rebellion will be able to pick them up on their scanners and turn the shield on. But because Vader already sent the probe droid, the Rebellion is already poised to evacuate.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The Imperials also know the base has a defensive shield before arriving. They even know the type of shield generator being used thanks to the intel reported back by the Probe Droid. Ozzel knows what they are going into should have planned accordingly. Did Ozzel make a mistake or did he use the wrong strategy because he still believed Hoth was a smuggler base and not the Rebel base?

Darth Vader, a Sith Lord, could have led a small commando team to soften up the Rebels before the fleet was in sensor range. We hear the meteorite activity makes it hard to detect approaching ships. The Rebels missed the probe droid. Vader just needs to get on the ground before the Rebel’s activate the shield.

Once the shield is up the Rebels have the upper hand and nothing can get in.

Before that Vader has options if he can get to Hoth. He could disable the shield, try to capture Luke directly, eliminate or capture Rebel command, capture Luke’s friends, damage the transports so the Rebels can’t leave.

Jimbing and Sarge like this.
  24. FightoftheForgotten

May 19, 2020
    I guess I understand what you're saying, but thanks to Vader and his probe droid, the Rebellion is already getting ready to evacuate anyway. And had the Imperial fleet not already been within range to form a blockade, the Rebels would have been able to escape even more quickly than they did in the movie.

I just think it's funny that Vader gets all bent out of shape about the Rebels being alerted to their presence when the Rebels already knew that the Empire was on its way.

25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    But isn't Vader mad that the Rebels know the exact time of their arrival? The Rebels know they are coming, but they don't know when.