main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.08 - Chapter 16 (Season Finale!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 17, 2020.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. 10

65.2%
  2. 9

18.9%
  3. 8

9.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

0.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Not as one of Luke’s students that fatale night when the Temple blew up. With what we got in the ST and Rise of Kylo Ren comic, I think it’s best if Grogu decided to not become a Jedi. Let Ben Solo stick to being Luke’s first apprentice (after Leias brief training).

With how long Grogu can live, if he doesn’t become a Jedi in the New Republic era, maybe he can become one under Rey.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Lol Grogu is a Knight of Ren.

“Arn’t you a little short for a Knight?” :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really give props to Lucasfilm for not having the ending to this season leak

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    - Kylo possibly killing Grogu
    - Luke talking about the importance of training
    - Luke going Jedi GOD mode.

The poor ST is about to get crapped on even more. I'm sad and happy at the same time.

Erkan12, Tan-Wessel and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    WOW. Just, WOW. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow morning. Best episode EVER.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I can die now.

7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I think this episode is proof we are going to see at least Luke cameo in Rangers of the New Republic, maybe even Ashoka. After all both those shows are set in the same time period as the Mandalorian.

8. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening. But it’s such a shame the people crafting the narrative today had no part in the ST. I think things would have been a lot different, shall we say. Plus, the ST is so far away in the timeline, they can sideline it to an extent and not let them interfere with their new stories set 5 after ROTJ.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  9. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    There's no way it's the series finale. Beyond them intentionally leaving some threads hanging, they already announced a third season. Now sure, surprising the audience is all well and good, but lying to everyone about whether one of the most popular shows on right now will continue is quite a different animal...

Riv_Shiel, ami-padme, Krueger and 9 others like this.
  10. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    Yeah it's too late to really retcon them. I don't think they will. But to see Luke like this. If we got this in the TLJ, I would have been fine. But they really listened to the fans. We got to see Luke in his prime and they totally nailed it.

And I was worried about it detracting it but it didn't.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think you might be right, but I have this feeling that it's over for now. They'll concentrate on the three spinoff shows, and then return for a grand finale with season three some time down the line.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Absolutely agreed. After what a leaky ship both of Abrams' movies where, it was nice to go into new Star Wars totally unspoiled about what was going to happen, not knowing what to expect. I actually paused halfway through the episode just to make a mental note of that.

Luke + Ahsoka would break the fandom's collective brain in half. I don't think fans would mentally be able to recover from seeing that.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Don't you dare

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Things are just getting started people

ChrisLyne, ami-padme, Jaxxon- and 3 others like this.
  15. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Guys you are scaring me. That CAN NOT be the end for Mando right? He HAS to see Grogu again.

16. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hey, I wonder if this is the future.....

Yes its the end of "The Mandalorian"
    Season 2 & 3 become The Book Of Boba Fett
    Din and Bo Katan are the two leads in Rangers Of The New Republic. Along with Ahsoka - Rangers is set right on this timeline.

TadoFett and Tan-Wessel like this.
  17. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    Well thanks Dave now I won’t be able to sleep tonight. Anyways overall 10/10 episode best so far left me with lots of questions but that’s ok. I think the show might take a break for a bit but when they eventually do season three it will be about retaking Mandalore and we will eventually see Grogu again. I think Cara will use Moff Gideon’s knowledge to track down other imperial reminants which could set up rangers of the new republic. Seeing fat Bib Fortuna was a joy and can’t wait for the Fett show. Liked the interactions between Biba and Bo Katan and Cara and the shuttle pilot.

Well done Dave thank you

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No he’ll see Grogu again but maybe not in this show

Jaxxon-, TadoFett and Tan-Wessel like this.
  19. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I hope Moff Gideon is locked in jail for good. He honestly was not that good of a villain. Got beat twice and lost to Mando who had never even fought with that staff before.

20. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Ben Solo has a lot of growing to do before he become Kylo Ren, perhaps Luke only trains Grogu as an apprentice like Yoda did, very Rule of Two, no temple, “passing on what you have learned,” and Grogu senses Mando/Din is in danger and like Luke over his Cloud City visions stops his training to go looking for Din/Mando, and then Luke starts a temple and TFA to TLJ happens after Grogu is gone.

DarthRamRod and Tan-Wessel like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I like the actor but I agree completely underutilized

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
  23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don't think Din or Bo-Katan are the right leads for Rangers of the New Republic at all. I could see Cara Dune being more heavily involved in that, given her past as a Rebel shock trooper, but what relationship do Din and Bo-Katan have with the New Republic?

24. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    The reaction when I saw the X-Wing:
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne, ami-padme, Moog and 24 others like this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    BTW, I can't wait for that final character poster!