main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Luke Skywalker (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    On that particular point wasn't their denials about use the of previous footage for CF?

Denials or sidesteps like EM on Obi-Wan are just that.

That's how it works. Until it's official it isn't happening. Then it is.

See The Book of Boba Fett.

I think you got it!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not crying with joy, you are.

2Cleva, Nate787, Lordban and 19 others like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I can't take credit for the catch, but I can take credit for sharing the knowledge XD
    But I can add my thought, which is "I am a Jedi like my father before me"
    Even though he was a Sith then

2Cleva, wobbits, TadoFett and 2 others like this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Eh, good enough. ;)

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  6. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I still can't believe what I saw. Processing.

The Chalk Jedi and DarthFixxxer like this.
  7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Definitely.

It mixed parts of Luke, Anakin and Darth Vader moves all together much like R1 did from ROTS.

Yes Anakin was a Sith at that point but those were moves he learned as a Jedi so same training.

8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    You seem calm [face_laugh]

Lordban and Devizz like this.
  9. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I think he's just a fan cast favorite for precisely that reason, and that reason alone.

If they do recast Luke, and I hope and pray they do, then they'll find someone appropriate. And I imagine it'll be much like it was with Alden Ehrenreich. Some were totally fine with it (like me), and others not so much.

Ultimately, I imagine the only ones who would have a problem with it are some of the long-time fans. Most new fans of Star Wars I don't think will mind that much, if at all. And I could be wrong, who knows.

Anyway, and at risk of stating the obvious, it's all up to Lucasfilm and what they want to do.

Yeah, the James Dean movie, Finding Jack, let's see what that looks like. If it works, sky's the limit for Luke, Han, Leia, everybody.

As it stands now, it doesn't look that much more advanced than what they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. Luke looked absolutely great, until he moved his mouth. And the eyes, always the eyes.

Unless they announce a live-action Luke series soon-ish, like on Monday or something. Then probably like 2025, maybe. And the tech may be there by then, maybe. Grogu may be able to talk by then too. :cool:

Get out of my head canon! :cool:

No, that's EXACTLY what I want to see. I want to see some silly stuff. I want to see Ben using the Force and splashing water in Grogu's face or something. And Grogu getting a little frown on his face and getting back at Ben.

That would be a little bit of Star Wars nirvana to me.

EDIT: Oh, and seeing Grogu with R2. Jeez, that was great. That's a little bit of that nirvana too.

TadoFett likes this.
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I was SO REFRESHING to see Luke feel like, well Luke again.

Bravo Favreau, Filoni and co.

11. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    What are the chances Grogu knows R2-D2 from his time at the Jedi temple? That's why he was so calm when he turned up.

12. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I'm glad I didn't look at any spoilers before watching. It was great to finally see Luke in his prime as a Jedi. I had some issues with how his conversation with Din went, but overall it made me really happy.

I wonder what exactly will happen now. I assume that Grogu will eventually reunite with Din, but it will feel cheap if it happens right away. Also not sure if the show can even spend that much time around Luke, since he is almost entirely CGI. I think as far as live action is concerned Luke will be primarily cameos. One thought is that if Luke does have other students, then maybe one of them will serve as an intermediary between Luke and Din. Though that would create other problems...

2Cleva, Shadao and RetropME like this.
  13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hopefully Grogu isn’t still with Luke when his nephew comes around.

Shadao, Admiral_Wyvern and RetropME like this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    And

4) mirrors Obi-Wan single-handedly destroying Grevious' army of battle droids in ROTS

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The canon was just changed here, retconned, because Luke wasn't supposed to take a student for another five years and that would be Ben.

So now that we know they are willing to alter what the EU has established, all bets are off. I'm thinking @godisawesome is correct when he says that Favreau, Filoni, and LFL will just do whatever they want during this period, even if the content and tone is largely disconnected from the ST.

I guess, soft retcon is the best term? My guess is that we get a Luke show at some point, we see him train students, be wise, and you know, be Luke Skywalker, a hero.

"Last" in The Last Jedi will just be a figure of speech. It just means "few Jedi." Luke's students during this early period will survive. Like Grogu!

2Cleva, mtt02263, Darth Smurf and 6 others like this.
  16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    To be fair we don't know what Luke did with Grogu after he got him. doesn't mean he took him off to his jedi temple or anything.

TadoFett likes this.
  17. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Yeah, maybe he ate him.

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Possibly.

19. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I could type for hours upon hours... talk for even longer -- or this:

I'm overwhelmed.

[face_party]

20. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I think there's almost no chance that Grogu will get killed by Kylo. Either Luke's academy won't work out, or they'll be some explanation as to how he survived. It doesn't make sense to go through all this to make him an off screen KO.

As far as we know Grogu could be back with Din next episode of course, although that would be pretty underwhelming. I also feel like any storyline where Grogu has some sort of falling out with Luke is hampered the necessity of using CGI Luke. I think it was good for a cameo, but I worry that using CGI will give Luke limited range in terms of performance. I suspect that major stories about Luke will have to be animated, but who knows. I didn't really see this coming.

2Cleva, Shadao, TadoFett and 3 others like this.
  21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I honestly can't overstate how much I love this.

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    I wish that were so but I don't see it anytime soon if ever.

What they are most likely doing is setting the table for it possibly happening if someone wants to go that far in the future. As it is now what they are doing is everything but that.

That is to say that in terms of their own continuity everything that happened still happened but those aren't the only things that happened. They are going to twist and bend things around to the point of breaking in an amazingly twisty pretzel.

The same kind of thing Lucas himself did but Spinal Tapping it to 11.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Oh, it's going to be a delicious pretzel, and I'm going to enjoy every bite.

But you know, if JJ and Rian are going to be allowed to do their own interpretation of things and even contradict and retcon each other, then why not Favreau and Filoni too?

All's fair in love and Star Wars.

2Cleva, Nate787, mtt02263 and 4 others like this.
  24. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I mean, does it really matter in the end? If you enjoy this show, that's what's important. Nothing in The Mandalorian is forcing anyone to accept the ST, and I think it should remain that way. Sure there are plot-lines that will connect them, but we are a long way from the ST here.

Darkslayer and Qui-Riv-Brid like this.
  25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    In a way but the point is that they aren't at this point going to excise those movies from the Disney continuity. As you say though in that case one movie said one thing, the next said something entirely different then the next said it was something else again.

This Favreau & Filoni-verse is saying another that is more in line with Lucas' hence their insistence on highlighting that training is required because just having Force abilities alone isn't enough just like all Jedi and Sith ever up until ...

That's why I'd say my theory is what they are going for within the narrative as presented.