main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Reference Star Wars: The Legacy Trilogy - the OOC Thread for Episode XII: Legacy of the Force

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The blaster bolt slammed into his chest.

He felt his feet almost lifted off the floor as he flew back, slammed into the decking, sliding between the rows of troops with a squeal of fabric as he went. His cane remained in his hand, such was his surprise.

It was strange, what one paid attention to when one was shot.

It didn't hurt as much as he had expected, but then again, it wouldn't, would it?

His leg wound? Now that had hurt. After all, he hadn't any body-armour over that.

Did Pryde really really think he would turn up with such a feeble excuse? He was basically telegraphing what he had done, aiding the scum in their escape from the Steadfast and lamely turning up like a wounded vornskr.

Others came and collected him, ferrying him from the bridge, and he feigned unconsciousness for the time being, just about forgetting to drop the cane. It was efficient, at least, he wryly thought.

But it would be, wouldn't it? These were his troops. His program, enforced by Captain's Phasma and Cardinal, had moulded thousands of children into First Order Stormtroopers. Yes, his influence had been reduced in the past year since Supreme Leader Snoke had died... but it would never be entirely undone. He still had many men and women who had no inkling of how he was derided among High Command, and so followed his orders to the letter.

In short order, he'd be ferried from the Steadfast, and he would resume his command of his troops...

If he was lucky, Pryde, Kylo Ren, Palpatine... the whole lot of them, they would be undone and he would rule.

Chancellor Hux.

It had a nice ring to it.

[​IMG]

Coming 2021.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Coruscant.

[​IMG]

The scintillating jewel at the heart of the galaxy.

Well.

Former, anyway.

Since the fall of the Empire, the once-capital of the galaxy had fallen hard, notwithstanding that it was among the first worlds to rise up against the Empire after Endor, and that it fought a year long civil war without any aide from the New Republic, which didn't care to help the world which had oppressed the galaxy free itself from it's own oppressors.

In some ways, the Rebels forgot that the first world to be taken by Palpatine was Coruscant.

That they were lied to, fed a relentless tide of fear via the news of the Clone Wars, a terror which saw the people abandon right after liberty after choice in favour of some phantom spectre of security. They had been manipulated for thirteen years by the then-Chancellor.. how could they have not embraced the tales of the Jedi Rebellion? How could you expect them to refuse to grant unlimited power to the man who had, by all accounts, saved them from the genocidal General Grievous, the depredations of Dooku, or the terror attacks masterminded by Admiral Trench?

And when they rose up, finally having realised the truth?

Nothing.

They were abandoned, while the New Republic freed the rest of the galaxy.

The Battle of Jakku didn't save Coruscant... the end of the war simply condemned it.

For a time, Grand Vizier Mas Amedda ruled a rump Imperial state, with no powers to speak of; no notable military presence, no trade deals, no reparations... nothing. The criminals, well, they moved in with glee to ravage those hundreds of millions trapped on-world, and in short order the old capital became a failed state. By the time the New Republic Centrist Party, and later the First Order, offered to restore the world to glory, Coruscant welcomed the chance. Their teenagers joined the hungry military machine of Snoke in droves. On Coruscant, Hux and Phasma didn't need to steal children; they were handed over, with joy and tears.

Much like everyone else, the people of Coruscant grew to regret their decision, especially when Hosnian Prime was destroyed.

This wasn't Order, this was blind rage, given shape by madmen like Kylo Ren and Armitage Hux.

So when word spread that the galaxy was in uprising, Coruscant too joined the fray, much as it did thirty-one years ago.

But the First Order was ready.

They had been preparing.

For a year, they had worked the galaxies industries to create a second Mega-class dreadnought, of the same design of the Supremacy, capable of being both command centre, battleship, and shipyard all in one.

It arrived.

Coruscant fell as quickly as it rose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Supremacy was reborn.

Coming 2021.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    "I know what I have to do," Ben Solo admitted, his voice tremulous, his face wet from the Kef Bir rain; hair pressed to his brow. "But I don't know if I have the strength to do it.

Han raised his hand to Ben's cheek. Ben remembered it exactly. Rey had been right; he hadn't been able to shake the memory of the warmth of his father's palm, the calluses at his fingertips, the acceptance in his eyes.

[​IMG]

You do," his father said.

Han Solo still believed in him. So had his mother. So had Rey.

Ben raised the handle of his lightsaber, just like he had on Starkiller Base, the last time he'd seen his father. Except this time...

"Dad...?" he said, suddenly small. Vulnerable. Right.

Han Solo smiled. "I know."

Ben turned, and launched the lightsaber into the air. It sailed in a high arc, far above the wreckage, and disappeared into a haze of ocean spray.

When he turned back, the memory of his father was gone, and Ben Solo was alone in the middle of the sea.

He knew what he had to do. Somehow, he would find the strength to do it.

Kylo Ren was dead.

As he turned aside, he didn't see that a hand caught the lightsaber hilt.

None of them did.

4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

Mustafar.

Millennia ago, the Mustafar system was... reorganised.

The Sith needed the planets in an entirely different alignment, to draw upon fault-lines in the Force.

To access... the other side.

Some called it the World Between Worlds... others, simply, the 'Light',

But the Force resisted the intrusion of the then-Dark, and the Sith Temple there in the rock was abandoned...

Until Lord Vader built his own castle upon that fault-line, to reach through Death to his lost love...

He failed, of course, for even the Chosen One could not break the rules of existence and use the darkness to resurrect the dead...

But the castle remained, and then the world was tamed by the self-proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith as he pursued the reborn Darth Sidious, some ten years ago...

It is on this world he has laboured.

Researched.

Grown even more powerful, hidden by the darkness...

Today

The terrain is obsidian-like, black and reflective. Jagged mountains spike in the distance.

A cloaked figure in tattered robes rises.

It is him, bearded and weary. He checks the stars for navigation, climbs over a rock precipice...

... to reveal Vader's abandoned castle in the distance.

A drone droid, VX-20, floats just behind him.

"Stay here."

A forgotten, decrepit cathedral. Crumbling. Pieces of structure litter the ground, untouched for decades.

He lights his red crossguard lightsaber, holds it up as a torch. Tiny creatures scurry at the disturbance.

A haunting wind blows against his cheek, chilling him.

"Leave me alone."

"This is where the dark path leads. An empty tomb."

Luke Skywalker's voice...

... haunting his nephew like a spirit.

"Where did your path lead? You're a ghost."

"I know what you're searching for. Your Masters promised you strength, but you feel hollow."

"Soon I will be more powerful than any Jedi. Even you."

"Are you sure?"

He snaps, spins and swings his lightsaber at empty space. With a billow of cold wind, Luke's spirit is gone, but yet -

"Go home, Ben... go home to Rey..."

Kylo is shaken. But on the altar beyond, the artefact he came here to find...

A Sith Holocron.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Opening Night

A Christmas Day opening; that’s when you know you’re going to something special. No matter the year, Christmas Day exists in this beautiful little bubble of reality where anything can happen, the anticipation of weeks if not months, the love, the happiness of giving and receiving, and the truth of family, no matter the definition.

It’s an escape from reality.

In many ways, a film is all that escapism encapsulated in a ninety minute experience. And now, it’s here, yet again, with the dazzle of the red carpet, in the release of Star Wars: Episode X: Duel of the Fates.

The fanfare occurs, and the magical words, and of course, but in a twist, the cast has been kept secret, and they are, like films of old, revealed in the opening credits!

The excitement is with every hit, with every character that we meet, filling in the galaxy we all know and love...

@QueenSabe7, @Kurisan, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael, @HanSolo29, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Kalio_Dynkos, @Zedd-Vega, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Shadowsun, @The Jedi in the Pumas

OOC: This is now officially our OOC thread!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Arrived, I have...

8. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Wow....look at that cast list and not even halfway through! This is going to be an epic game.

9. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    You see an Agent, do what everyone else does...

Run...

Run your backside off.

10. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    No one will rule over Dol Khan.

Freedom over Everything.

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Xundel smiling enigmatically at that.

"Talk, we should."

12. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    “No, I'm not your subordinate. And what I'm coming dangerously close to is violence.”

- General Wedge Antilles - GOAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    “Wellllll, doo bop deboo bop! She’s not myyy baby.”

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dramatis Personae

Armitage Hux played by Sinrebirth
    Aryan Graul played by @HanSolo29
    Barriss Ofee played by @CosmoHender
    Dol Khan played by @The Jedi in the Pumas
    Eleanor Magnus played by @TheSilentInfluence
    Johnson played by @Jerjerrod-Lennox
    Kacynna Juwee played by @Zedd-Vega
    Kylo Ren played by Sinrebirth
    Lin played by @Kurisan
    Rey Skywalker played by @QueenSabe7
    Rhoen Aquilla played by @galactic-vagabond422
    Stranger, The played by @Master Vo'Un'Var
    Tirran Huxley played by @Mitth_Fisto
    Vicrul played by @Shadowsun
    Wedge Antilles played by @Kalio_Dynkos
    Xundel played by @darthbernael

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  16. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Dol Khan doesn’t get played. He makes the plays.

And those plays...are not by the rules.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Jedi in the Pumas played by Dol Khan?

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Double post to update the Dramatis Personae. ;)

And an edit...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    GM Approved (NPC)

Character Sheet

Name: Asteria
    Species: Mirilian
    Homeworld: Mirial
    Affiliation: Unaligned
    Force Sensitivity: Y
    Personal Effects: Nothing really, just the clothes on her back and a few credits in her pockets.
    Personal Starship (if any): None.
    Personal Weapon: None.
    Bio: Asteria was born on Mirial, although she didn't stay on her homeworld for very long. Or along enough to have any established sense of belonging or culture. Asteria has always been on the move, trying to live; to survive the harshness of the galaxy. Orphaned at a young age and left alone in the care of orphanages around Mirial until she decided to run away when she was old enough to, Asteria has learned how to fend for herself and survive, although it has not been the easiest of lives. Asteria is a serious child, although the more she relaxes the more mischievous she can be. While she never knew her parents, Asteria has always felt a sense of loss, especially after she realised she was a little more special then the others around her. She was taught to respect the force on Mirial, the only lesson that ever stuck with her, but has no idea of what she really is.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you, Silent!

And with this, unless I have a last minute addition, the cast is fixed, my friends.

I intend to reveal updates and TAGs for players in the next few days, and the game will in-fact start on the 7th January 2021, when I release you to reply. I do intend to update on Thursday's, to give players the weekend to respond. (I assume that is fine, of course.)

Keep an eye on the game thread for your TAG! No replies until I'm done. [face_mischief]

@HanSolo29, @CosmoHender, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @TheSilentInfluence, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Zedd-Vega, @Kurisan, @QueenSabe7, @galactic-vagabond422, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Mitth_Fisto, @Shadowsun, @Kalio_Dynkos, @darthbernael

21. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I am hyped! This game and cast looks very promising!

22. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Now that's how a Star Wars movie is supposed to START!

Boom. @Sinrebirth. Incredible.

Can't wait to post on the 7th!

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Good guys always have to go first!

Also be put into mortal peril and difficult decisions in the first tag-set.

24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Sits back and waits to be one of the later tags to be posted, in that case.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean, there were some bad guys in today's TAG...

chuckles