main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-resistance-ending-lead-actor-proud/story?id=68452372
    With all the recent Star Wars hype — from "The Rise of Skywalker" ending a nine-film saga to "The Mandalorian" (and of course Baby Yoda) taking over the streaming world, it's understandable if you missed October's season premiere of another show set in that galaxy far, far away.

But as the animated series "Star Wars: Resistance" ends its two-season run with an hour-long finale this Sunday, the actor who plays lead character Kazuda ("Kaz") Xiono insists fans should not be sleeping on this show.

"Every Star Wars project has a place," Christopher Sean told ABC News. "This show is amazing, and it gives insight into what's happening outside the Skywalker storyline. That fun-loving adventure? That's all there, in our story."

The series finale wraps up Kaz's evolution from goofy spy into burgeoning Resistance hero who once watched the evil First Order destroy his home planet.

Along with a host of droids, aliens and allies including Torra (Myrna Velasco), Neeku (Josh Brener), Jarek (Scott Lawrence) and Captain Doza (Josh Hightower), Kaz spent season two on a series of nail-biting, hyperspace-jumping adventures desperately trying to flee the bad guys.

"This episode really revolves around everyone coming back together and doing the best they can to fight for the resistance," says Sean.

Kaz also struggled with losing his friend Tam (Suzie McGrath), a disillusioned mechanic who defected from the good guys to become a First Order pilot. Lately, she's been having second thoughts. Whether Tam chooses the light or dark path is a question the finale will answer.

Because the story roughly parallels the timeline of "The Force Awakens" film, a few characters have crossed over from the big to small screen, including Poe Dameron (and BB-8), Captain Phasma and General Hux. With Kylo Ren, the series finale features the biggest bad guy cameo yet. (Kylo is played by actor and Skywalker Sound audio guru Matt Wood, a veteran creator of several iconic character voices.)

"To actually have Kylo Ren on the show, I was freaking out," said Sean. "I'm so excited for everyone to see that."

Sean, who recently teamed with the foundation named for late Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew to provide computers to students with special needs, says there is one thing about "Resistance" he is most proud of.

"The diversity, hands down. We have the first Asian American lead of a Star Wars franchise. We have black female pilots, we have Latina pilots," Sean said. "People come up to me dressed as Kaz, saying, 'I'm so happy I can finally dress as a character who looks like me, a character who has depth and layers, just like me.'"

"That, for me, is everything," Sean says.

The "Star Wars: Resistance" finale ("The Escape") airs Sunday night on DisneyXD and Disney Channel.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Didn't they say they were going to retreat underwater so that exact thing didnt happen? lol

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Why hasn't this been released over here in Europe?

And by that I mean a Region 2 release?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    This might be a controversial/unpopular opinion, but I feel like Kaz should be a little disillusioned with (or maybe even resentful of) the Resistance.

I mean the reason the Resistance was founded was to basically protect the NR/galaxy from the First Order and find evidence of their evildoings, right?

Well, heh...I mean, the NR was corrupt and turned a blind eye to the FO, so they’re as much to blame for their demise, and the FO had more money/resources than the Resistance did. But, they spent a year and a half looking for Luke Skywalker, who didn’t want to be found, and who only showed up at the last minute to buy time for the Resistance to escape the FO.

They didn’t come to Kaz’s aid when he sent a message for help, and his home planet was destroyed.

And on top of that, they hired Kaz for something he wasn’t qualified for: a spy on the Colossus, and he suspected the captain of the whole station as the FO mole. Um....did Poe know that Captain Doza’s wife is in the Resistance? He could have debunked that theory with one transmission.

I know Resistance is a kid’s show, so obviously they weren’t going to expand on this, but still.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Agree...but not so much about how Kaz should have been disillusioned or resentful of the Resistance....he would have needed some depth to his character for that.

And overall this series failed to hit the mark for me.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The best character was Opeepit.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gonna watch this show over the next few days

9. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    ^Nice. Let us know what you think. :)

10. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I hope that with all of the tie ins happening between the live action shows that someone from Resistance can make an appearance in live action. How about Yeager and Bucket in Rangers of the New Republic? Or maybe Kaz in Rogue Squadron if that movie takes place at a similar time period. Kaz is a good pilot, and every Star Wars movie needs some comic relief!

11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I liked the animation and the taste of non-war life the show had to offer, but god was Kaz awful lol

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I was thinking back to Resistance as a whole and began wondering (enough to log back in after some absence): Where (or rather how) did it go wrong?

Now, I did like it and found it enjoyable, but at the same time never felt it really took off (which both TCW and Rebels did). I recall looking forward to the second season and did like it in the end, but to me, I found that it never got to its full potential and had shades from an increasing lack of enthusiasm in a sense (as if the producers & writers started lose interest, with the lack of better words) and it never really bloomed into something great, instead just fizzling out toward the end and, while wrapping up nicely, didn't leave much of an impact. To do a comparison, it was if 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' got cancelled/ended before it really could let loose in its third season.

I get the feeling this'll likeably end up being the forgotten one of the modern Star Wars animated series. I still think it was a nice series, but I hope that the next new original SW animated show will be an improvement and end up feeling more inspired.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  13. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I think Resistance was canned because they were gearing up for the launch of Disney+ and the focus was shifting towards The Mandalorian

14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    A moderately enjoyable show. A bit too sluggish for my taste, though. As noted above, it never took off.

15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I think it got squashed between LF hitting the brakes after The Last Jedi and the rush to Disney+ making DisneyXD a dead-end.

16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There’s also a chance that the lack of any single vision for what the ST should be overall might have left the producers feeling less certain of whatever direction they could pursue in the era. You’ve got the drastically different takes on the FO in TFA and TLJ, then Palpatine gets the ball rolling in a Dark Empire direction in TROS.

It’s not the same kind of stable and clear storyline you could play with using the Clone Wars or Galatcic Civil War.