main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    You’ll have to be a little more specific than that if we’re to examine their reliability... ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    TadoFett likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Please be Mike Zeroh.
    Please be Mike Zeroh.
    Please be Mike Zeroh.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Or Doomcock.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm sick of Darth Maul, he never should have been brought back to life in the first place, imo. Obi-Wan killed him, he cut him completely in half and both halves of his body, separately, fell down a hundreds of feet deep shaft, for god's sake. They scraped the bottom of the barrel to have him be "oh look he actually lived!". Now THAT was fan service. Zero reason for him to be alive beyond "hehe he was really cool in TPM and I want to see more of him", IMO a lot of what he did in TCW could have been done by some other character. For example, Ventress, her motivations would have been somewhat different(though both abandoned by their Sith masters is a common thread) but in terms of getting the plot to certain places she could have worked with some adjustments for much of what he did.

Vader and Obi-Wan both being alive during the years between when Anakin became Vader and the even of ANH however is completely in keeping with the OT. So imo, it isn't just fan service to have Vader. He was doing something during those two decades between his fall and when we see him in ANH.

I would be interested in Commander Cody though, hopefully one that has broken through his programming or maybe never was. Someone did an interesting little edit where they pointed out Obi-Wan saved Cody from a very similar type of shell in one of the season 7 episodes of TCW as Cody shot had shot at him in ROTS, in other words pretty much within days of Obi-Wan saving his life.

So on some level Cody figured it was something he might be able to survive, given he'd just stopped one from blowing him to pieces with a lightsaber. I think that Idea might have been more possible if Cody had been the one to actually SHOOT it, rather than just saying "Blast him", it's not the like Clone shooting at him would purposely miss him. But I guess you never know. If they can say Maul survived being cut in half, they can say Cody knew that sort of cannon blast wouldn't kill him. :)

5. AlwaystheForce

AlwaystheForce Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2021
    Here's where I get my Star Wars news

Mike Zeroh
    Star Wars Coffee
    Star Wars Meg
    Star Wars Speculation

I honestly forget which channels, mentioned which characters, but It's from these ones.

I also listen to these channels

Star Wars Theory
    The Stupendous Wave
    That Star Wars Girl
    Mannix
    The Lore Master

EDIT: Thanks for the Doomcock mention. I will have a look. On Commander Cody, i heard last he will be in the show, but it could be a rumour.

Whistling Birb likes this.
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Not sure if serious, but these channels give you Star Wars news in the same way Alex Jones gives political news...

Some just exist to pull things from their rear to create clicks. Others take any stuff they hear, be it actual information that was publically released or just hearsay from a person six steps removed, filter it to fit their narrative, and then present it as "news". The number of people on social media who seem to have actual sources is very small, and none of the above fit to that group.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just to clarify, Doomcock was a joke. And Chorus was joking about Mike Zeroh too. The others you mentioned are in a similar boat. These are people and channels that literally just make things up, lie about having inside sources, and are never accurate.

An important part of functioning in the modern world involves distinguishing between reliable information and total nonsense. I hate to break it to you, but you’re listening to total nonsense. I say this not to be rude, but to help you consume news in the future in an appropriately critical way.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    TCF-1138 , wobbits, TadoFett and 4 others like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Just thinking of the Maul stuff...

I agree. I mean, they unequivocally showed him dying. I also agree that Ventress would have been a suitable antagonist in very similar ways as Maul in TCW.

IMHO, in retrospect too: If you had wanted to "bring Maul back", why not tell his pre-TPM story? The manipulatory adventures he had in TCW could just take place pre-TPM (ok, some details changed). Or, why not use the stand-alone Maul stories (from, say, the now-Legends comics)? Or, even if you could only do TCW era, why not have interesting flashback sequences of pre-TPM Maul that link to events/plots/characters in TCW era?

But I accept he's back; it's not my unbelievable story to tell. And we have the questionable joy of "Kennoooobbbiiiii!"

With Vader...

I think it's a case of them both knowing they are alive.

While they are both metaphorically "dead" to each other, at some point in the intervening years Vader could come to know Obi-Wan is still alive after Order 66. That's a reaction I'd like to see. (Also, he could report this revelation back to Tarkin, and this may explain Tarkin's line "Surely he must be dead by now" in ANH, and why Tarkin doesn't say "He survived Order 66? Incredible!" - or something better. :)

For Obi-Wan, there is the revelation of seeing this armoured figure being Anakin. Still alive, and crueler. That's another reaction I'd like to see.

wobbits, TadoFett and naw ibo like this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

TadoFett and Krueger like this.
  11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Riv_Shiel, Deliveranze and TadoFett like this.
  12. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't know if they do or not. It could be just people who say they are in the know playing them or it's a long line of information that might have a gram of reality to it. The more credible ones present it as rumor that isn't confirmed.

Either way I look at them for their entertainment value. Overlord DVD is great entertainment because it's a great gimmick that pulls right from the very serials that were part of the creation of Star Wars in the first place and he can break down stories extremely well. What he has done is use the rumor "news" to build his base. Some of it is more credible on the surface while others are extremely fanciful to say the least.

Obviously there are a number of characters who could return for this series so the only way that actual "confirmation" of some kind could be proven would be if there was specific plot or production information that later turns out to be confirmed.

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    There really aren't any credible sources and probably won't be unless Bad Robot gets involved again, because they leak like the Titanic. LFL themselves run a tight ship, it seems

Although a few small general things about The Mandalorian snuck out, this year? I think there were two times when anything made it out before broadcast, and both were like only a day ahead of time. One quick synopsis of the Ahsoka episode with a few details, and the fact that Slave I was going to appear. Which wasn't hard to guess, really.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The latest rumor I saw somewhere was that Jar Jar Binks would be in this and now it's all I want

cwustudent and Shamear like this.
  15. MachoManMace

MachoManMace Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2021
    Where'd ya find it?

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I am pretty sure it's not a legit source but I didn't have the will or the time to look it up, I just wanted to support the idea!

https://chipandco.com/jar-jar-binks-to-be-featured-in-obi-wan-kenobi-disney-series-417058/

17. MachoManMace

Jan 27, 2021
    They're just reporting that old rumor from 2020. And, it looks to have been debunked since Ahmed Best said he hasn't heard of that happening at all.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Ewan denied knowing anything about a Kenobi film/series for years, so that's not saying much :p

I heard the full title of this show will be "Obi-Wan Kenobi in: Jar Jar's Great Adventure"!

19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    There was a year called "2020"?

cwustudent and DarthFixxxer like this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I wasn't saying it's going to happen, I was saying I would love for that to happen.

21. MachoManMace

Jan 27, 2021
    Oh.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't know if Small-screen.co.uk is a trustworthy source but i will post this here...

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/liam...-qui-gon-jinn-in-the-kenobi-series-exclusive/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    RetropME and Shamear like this.
  23. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Shamear likes this.
  24. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I legitimately want Jar Jar to show up in this.

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I assume Jar Jar is still the representative of Naboo in the Imperial Senate at this point. Which means he represents the home planet of the Galactic Emperor...

Reepicheep775 likes this.