main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Like One of the Family (Solos with OC kids. For the OC Comedy Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 1, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Borrowing the canon characters with love. Tanda and Jaina are mine. ;)

~~

They had had their cute pet Sneakers, a lovable tooka for about a year. Then one day, Tanda saw advertised on the Holonet pics of pygmy robas. The one featured for adoption gazed at her and her twin sister, Jaina, with liquid pleading eyes. "You want me you know you do!"

So they begged their folks and Han and Leia capitulated.

They brought him home and Jaina named him with a delightful play on words, Chew Barka!

He loved hickory smoked treats and chocolate cream pastries.

"He's like one of the family," Tanda told her Master, Sevrina.

Sevrina laughed. "Just like your droids are, even 3PO."

Tanda said in a mock-horrified whisper, "Don't let my Dad hear you say that!"

Sneakers and Chew Barka loved chasing each other and tickle fests with the Solo girls.

Sneakers loved curling up with Han or Luke; Chew Barka had a fondness for Leia's or Mara's lap.

"Dad," Jaina said, "What will Chewbacca say if he ever finds out that we kind of named our roba after him?"

Han tried to scowl, but he broke out in a chuckle instead and ruffled Jaina's curls. "Chewie has a healthy sense of humor. Has to ... running with me all those years. I think he would take it as a compliment."

Which, as a matter of fact, he did when he visited the Solos for a couple weeks during the twins' Academy break.

He picked up Chew Barka and tried to look intimidating, like "You'd better stay on my good side." But Chew Barka had a way of winning all hearts.

end
    +++ [face_laugh]

2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This is cute! I love the name Chew Barka!

I want to know more of this now :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Loved this! [face_laugh]
    The pet name Chew Barka had me laughing out loud! [face_rofl]
    I'm glad Chewbacca took it as a compliment. :D

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] That name is totally priceless. I love the idea of them being a 2-pet family also. [face_mischief]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Chew Barka lovely and with Chewbacca loving him too; great

6. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] Chew Barka!
    Guess it's better than being called Indiana!

"You were named after the dog?"
    "Had alot of fond memories of that dog."

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  7. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great job! Chew Barka sounds adorable. It's only fitting that he would win over Chewie (who is also a member of the family). I love the notion that Han would object to 3PO being included in that description, LOL.

Is the sequel going to be Chewbacca naming his pet after one of the Solos? ;)

Great story! =D=

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That was fun. I am glad to have read that before going to bed. :D

Your humor never fails to make the sun shine. Even at night. ;)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D I like the slice of life of giving the Solos pets they can coddle. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    That was really sweet and adorable. :) @};-[face_love]

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    AWWWW! :D I love the new arrival's punny name! I am somehow not at all surprised that both the name, and the beastie it was given to, were both appreciated by the larger, bipedal Chewie himself. So sweet to see him getting on well with the adorable Sneakers, too. Pets really are part of the family, and the Solos more than deserve such sweet companionship. Thanks so much for sharing! =D=

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! This was such a sweet, adorable read. It's great to see this light-hearted bit of domesticity for the Solos. There's nothing like a pet - and a second one, at that - to bring a family joy! The name the twins picked was a hilarious play on words - and of course Chewbacca couldn't help but think so too. He's as much a sucker for those big ol' roba eyes as he is for the Solo girls themselves. [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_love]

Thanks for sharing this fun response to the challenge. :D =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That pun/wordplay kinda unites both of the biggest Lucasfilms series into itself. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Thanks for the reviews; they entertained me as much as writing the fic itself. [face_mischief]