main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    EDIT: I forgot to add earlier, thank you for the podcast suggestion, @Gamiel! Some of them look really interesting and I'm going to give it a try. :)

@gizkaspice

Here's an accurate map of Canada:
    [​IMG]

[face_laugh]:p8-}

Now, on to these awesome questions!

Does U Wgleui have cats?

Yes. I'm pretty sure cats exist everywhere in the GFFA whether we see them or not. They can be sneaky when they want to be!

Deadpool Vs Kylo, who would win and why?

Deadpool. He'd make awesomely sarcastic quips that would go sailing over Kylo's emo head and then just punch him in the face.

Ralph Wiggum vs Kylo, who would win and why?

Hmmm...this one's tough and requires some thought.

Ralph: My cat's breath smells like cat food!
    Kylo: My cat's breath smells like tuna.
    Ralph: Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and the baby looked at me.
    Kylo: ...
    Kylo: Where do babies come from?

...I think I'd give this one to Kylo, if you can call whatever that is 'winning' (also, your Kylo is the only version of Kylo I know now, and I give all credit to you and your hilarious stories for that :D).

Hank Hill vs Kylo, who would win and why?

For real, imagine Hank encountering Kylo though? ([face_praying][face_batting])

Kylo: *blathering on about Vader and the dark side*
    Hank: That's asinine! *kicks Kylo's twig-boy butt*

Favorite ocean animal?

Oh, there are so many amazing ocean animals and it's really hard to choose! The deep-sea creatures are so cool in such an alien way, and whales and dolphins are incredible, and even all the tiny creatures like plankton are cool.

I think sea turtles and octopuses would be my favorite though. [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    BRB, DYING. [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl] I want this as a crossover. [face_chicken]

3. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I second this :D There also absolutely needs to be a scene where Kylo is having another temper tantrum and Ralph just sits there laughing, "I'm in danger!" while surrounded by lightsaber sparks and flying metal parts LOL

4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    OMG I NEED THIS!! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So as a Simpsons Fan what is your opinion on the 3 main eras of the show, the classical 1-8/9/10, the middle years and now the HD era? Would you say the show changed/declined in quality?

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Anedon

So as a Simpsons Fan what is your opinion on the 3 main eras of the show, the classical 1-8/9/10, the middle years and now the HD era? Would you say the show changed/declined in quality?

Bit of a disclaimer: I completely stopped watching new episodes somewhere around Season 20, so I'm only going by what I've heard for anything past that. :p

I think the show definitely went downhill after the classic years. I found a lot of it repetitive and more 'forced' than earlier seasons, like they were just trying too hard. And there aren't very many memorable moments. There are some good episodes scattered throughout Seasons 11-20, but overall, yeah, I feel like the quality dropped and I just lost interest.

That said, the classic years are amazing and some of the best TV ever. [face_love] I quote them all the time, in real life and online. There are episodes I've seen way too many times, and they still make me laugh every time. Classic Simpsons...what a time to be alive!

7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Defenetly agree on the decline in quality. If you ever want to have a look at the HD years this youtube video mentions some of the hidden gems of the newer years:

Generally a great Simpsons related channel.

What is you take on the Simpsons continuing, do you think they should go on or do you feel its time for the show to end?

8. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Anedon

Ooh, thanks for that video! Channel bookmarked! :D

What is you take on the Simpsons continuing, do you think they should go on or do you feel its time for the show to end?

If it were up to me, I'd say end it. Stop dragging it out.

But it's not up to me, so who knows how many adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable? [face_laugh]

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Funny enough, I think that the more of us become mocked stereotypes, more people lose interest. I didn't. I just think that some episodes age better than some others.

(Just a random comment there, I don't want to derail the thread...)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I got a completely different plot bunny from this whole exchange...sort of. But there IS Kylo in it and I don't think it was done yet.

Then again, with bunnies and Ralph...one of the most WTF scenes ever comes to mind and I can't help myself:

The Simpsons - Ralph: "Will you be my mommy?" (S14Ep21) - YouTube

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do you know of the Tales from the Loop artbook, RPG or TV-series?

do you know of the Spinnerette webcomic? One of the sidecharacter is the Canadian hero Green Gable, whose a descendant of the original Anne of Green Gables, and dresses like she is usually depicted, despite being a man.

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Gamiel, no, I hadn't heard of either of those things! But I googled them and Spinnerette looks freaking awesome! So thanks for sharing that. :D

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks to @amidalachick for an excellent and insightful interview! =D=

Next up, we have the pleasure of interviewing my good friend @Emperor Ferus[face_dancing]

@Emperor Ferus

1, When you write, what comes most naturally to you? Plot? Characterization? Dialogue? Setting and worldbuilding? And what aspects of writing do you find most challenging?

2. Who are some of your favorite authors from Legends EU and do you have any favorite authors from the New Canon?

3. If you could travel anywhere on Earth that you haven't yet been, where would it be and why?

4. If you could have any Force power from Star Wars, what would it be and why?

13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Thank you for having me @devilinthedetails :)

1. I usually find worldbuilding the easiest part of writing. The toughest part is probably keeping the plot elements consistent from start to finish, especially for long projects.

2. Some of my favorite Legends authors are Jude Watson, Troy Denning, James Luceno, Matthew Stover and the Rebecca Modesto/Kevin Anderson team. From New Canon, maybe Christie Golden.

3. I’d probably travel to the Amazon and take a boat safari.

4. I’d say the ability to detect other people’s feelings.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

Fandoms beside SW you are part of/follow?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    1. I think Wookiees because I like their weapon and ship designs and think Kashyyyk is a nice place to live.

2. Mandalorian culture in the old EU is cool to read about

3. I’d like to see a race in Star Wars inspired by ninjas, maybe. Maybe an enemy warrior group

4. One thing? Padme dying of a broken heart maybe, or keeping Legends as canon and rebooting the ST.

5. I have some hesitation, but some form of teleportation maybe (beam me up, Chewie)

6. I’m a Swiftie, and I also currently follow the Harry Potter, Camp Half-Blood, and Cobra Kai fandoms.

7. Chicken pot pie

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    When will we see you make a fanon post in the Fanon thread?

Swiftie?

17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    1. When I've finished my Chitty Chitty Bang Bang sequel, I'll write in there regarding my current ST reboot project (have finished VII and one chapter of VIII). It also looks worth exploring in regard to my fellow writers' projects from what I saw.

[​IMG]

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite parings in SW ?

Favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

Any parings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

19. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I like both main canon pairings from the PT and OT (Anidala pre-ROTS, HanLeia). I also like what I've read of Luke and Mara, and also Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai (although it is a little similar to Reylo, a ship I don't like).

Non SW? Percy/Annabeth, Leo Valdez/Calypso, Jonathan/Nancy from Stranger Things, most canon Harry Potter pairings. I wouldn't like Snape/Lily in canon, but I sometimes like Snily fanfics because I was Snape minus the blood purism when I was Hogwarts-age.

Crack pairing: Demitri and Yasmine in Cobra Kai, though it may not qualify as a crack pairing after Season 3.
    I think Dustin and Nancy in Stranger Things too.

I also think Dustin and Nancy for the last question, particularly because of the Season 2 finale.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character/s in the ST deserve to get his/her story told?

21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    This might be cheating, but I'd like to maybe see the Lost Tribe of the Sith. I'd like to learn more about their history over the centuries and what they did during the Rise of the Empire era.

I don't think we learned about Aurra Sing's non-human ancestry in Legends. I'm curious what species she was besides human. Oh yeah, and Yoda's species.

I'm curious about Maz Kanata's species, how rare they are, and how long they live.

Not sure if Maz counts as a side character. I would have been interested in having Jannah and the defected stormtroopers featured more. Edit: Changed my mind about this one

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Podcasts! Any podcast recommendations?

23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Standard Cat Questions:
    Do you think cats should wear cute hats? Why or Why not?

Who in SW (any period) do you think is more of a cat or a dog person and why?

What do you think of Millicent the cat? Should she get her own Disney spin-off?

24. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Don't know if this is one, but Cinemasins is a funny Youtube channel.

I think that Darth Caedus is a dog person because he would breed large, aggressive dogs to carry out assassinations for him and work for the GAG.

(Googles Millicent)
    I don't see why not. She does look cute

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

Least favoured kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW?