main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016

So how does Netflix feel about this?
    Also, I miss when things just used to end for good. Tired of endless spin-offs and expansions. Everyone trying to be like MCU and that method is already getting tired even for mcu imo.
    Anyways, since we are doing this, give me prequel series on Amon and Tarrlok and how they got to be where they were from their childhood selfs. That would make me happy Nick and Bryke.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    VadersLaMent likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am excited but also conflicted

Ghost and SevPrince like this.
  3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Maybe @Jabba-wocky will get that highly sought after Kuvira series he’s been lobbying for.

4. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I will say though that Bryke need good writers if any of these shows are going to be good because I'm not sure If I can handle anymore of loks. Why can't they just work with head writer Aaron Ehasz (is there some backstage drama between them) and get the crew that produced Atla back together because that show wasn't great just do to them.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    First of all that’s not gonna happen. Some if not a lot are probably under contract by different studios. Like Filoni. You could maybe get a few big ones like Ehasz I’ll look into it

6. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    That Netflix series was already sounding like a bad idea from that info last week, putting it side by side with original new animated works...
    [​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I liked LOK I am sure I will like this

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  8. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I kinda prefer Korra, honestly. Avatar is a far more consistently great show and has nothing as rough as Korra season 2, but seasons 3 and 4 of Korra are my favourites acoss the two shows and I find the whole story arc for Korra in them to be the most emotionally impactful part of two very emotionally impactful shows.

Charmbracelet and Ghost like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Avatar the last air bender season 4 pls.

Coruscant and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Avatar Origins: Kuvira- Tracing her hard scrabble existence as an orphan until the time of adoption in Zhao Fu
    Kuvira: Unity- War drama chronicling the effort to re-assemble the Earth Kingdom and end Civil War
    Kuvira: Mandate of Heaven- Politically focused series highlighting the political intrigues of the Earth Empire the noble Empress that tried to keep it all afloat
    Lockup: Kuvira- A hard-hitting docudrama about Kuvira's time incarcerated as a prisoner in Republic City

I think this would be a satisfying set of offerings for their year producing original content.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No. I know they are gonna do it, but leave the original series alone.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The animated movie will be a sequel to the last air bender.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But not an immediate sequel, they're not going to overwrite their own comics (unless they just adapt them). I could see a "10 years later" thing. And we'd be able to explore more about what we don't know, like what Katara was doing besides being a wife/mom, the fathers of Lin and Su, Sokka's story, and the post-war Fire Nation.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I kinda wish they adopt the comics with Zuko' s mother cliffhanger in the air bender. But most likley is the era of Aang and Zuko help rebuild.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "We realized that everyone who grew up with the show now has disposable income, and we love money. The smell of it. The feel. The taste."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This.

Ramza likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I am going to wait and see, hopefully they learned their lesson with Korra and see franchises like GOT and Star Wars making mistakes and how to learn from them.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    After hearing all the hype, I recently decided to finally give this series a go. I just finished season 1 and have started season 2.

I’m not sure what I expected, but one thing I definitely did not expect was for the uncle and mentor of the angry antagonist constantly hunting our hero (who’s also the big brother of the uber powerful great villain of the series) to be the most wholesome character on the show.

Ozai: wants nothing more than absolute power so as to subjugate and rule the entire world in tyranny.

Iroh: wants nothing more than a cup of jasmine tea and to settle down to a relaxing yet invigorating game of Pai Sho—while spending quality time with his beloved nephew.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The show is complex and the characters multifaceted. Iroh is just one example.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    You know, I'd really like to know that the Iroh-Ozai brother relationship even was like. We never got to see them interact.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Avatar is back baby, and looks like the gang is back together again.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There/s nothing there...

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018