main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  2. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Ohmigosh, how did I miss this before? So sorry about that ! [face_blush] Got it in the index now; always glad to have another entry! :)

Kahara and ViariSkywalker like this.
  3. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    No worries! ;)

Findswoman likes this.
  4. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey everyone! Just letting you know that there is now one month left on our Comedy Challenge before stories come due on March 22! :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey again, everyone, now just letting you know that there are two weeks left on our challenge! Stories due on March 22!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  6. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And now one week left in the challenge! Stories due a week from today, on March 22!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Almost there, folks! Three days left after today! Stories due this coming Monday, the 22nd. :)

8. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    And me again, everyone! My apologies for not posting this earlier today because of the board outage—but today is the last day of our challenge! As of about now, there are just under seven and a half hours left until stories are due, which, once again, will be at 11:59 pm (23:59) on today, March 22. :)

9. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    OK, everybody, time to VOTE on the OC Revolution’s 1st-Quarter 2021 Challenge: The Comedy Challenge!! We have four (4) amazing and highly laff-inducing stories in the running:

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Tuesday, April 6. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about Wednesday, April 7 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! I’ll PM you soon after results are announced, and we can talk it over. :)

Happy reading and voting! [face_dancing]

Kahara and ViariSkywalker like this.
  10. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey, everyone! One (1) week left to vote on our challenge, with votes due on April 6! So far, two votes have come in--can we get any more? :D

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Me again, with a reminder that there's now just today and tomorrow left to vote! :)

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    And now just over 7 hours! Get ’em in, folks! :D (Posting as myself because I’m on mobile at present.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Kit' likes this.
  13. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey everybody! Our 1st Quarter Comedy Challenge votes are in, and we have a winner:

Congratulations to you, Viari! [face_party] I’ll be in touch with you shortly on the topic of coming up with our next challenge. And many thanks to all the writers who took part and made this challenge so much fun! It really and truly is always a joy. =D=

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations [mention]ViariSkywalker [/mention] for a very well deserved win!

Also much kudos to everyone else for such amazing and fun responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Congratulations ViariSkywalker ! I read it but got sidetracked before commenting. Wonderful use of irony and snark from the assassin droid.

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, congratulations, @ViariSkywalker ! That was so much fun--HK is always such a hoot, and so are the Chaos Twins of Evil! Well done by all participants; this was a good crop indeed. :)

18. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Thanks so much, everyone! [face_love] I had a lot of fun writing for this challenge. I'll try to come up with a good prompt for the next one. ;) And of course, well done to all the participants! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone writes next!

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Kit' and 3 others like this.
  19. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Hey everyone! @ViariSkywalker has just provided us with a dynamic new Spring 2021 Challenge:

THE OC FIGHT CHALLENGE!
    TOS applies, of course. Stories are due in our usual 8 weeks, on Thursday, June 3 at 11:59 pm (23:59).

Enjoy, everyone, and thanks to Vi for the new prompt! :)

Main Index
    Engaron against Gios by earlybird-obi-wan
    Season of the Slave by Kit'
    Skip of Breath by Mechalich
    There's Always a Calm before the Storm by Adalia-Durron
    Beyond Light and Dark by Anedon

Out-of-Competition Index
    Birthday Wishes by Kit’

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have one for the OC fight challenge
    Engaron against Gios a tale of the high republic era for the OC fight challenge

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  21. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Our first entry, hooray! Got it in the index—thanks so much. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So does this fight need to be one on one or could it like also be a larger battle, with the OC character being the commander of one side?

Findswoman likes this.
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Good question—I’m going to field that one to @ViariSkywalker to answer, since she is the originator of the challenge. :)

Anedon likes this.
  24. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    I was thinking one-on-one, but the fight could certainly take place within the context of a larger battle! The commanders of two forces facing off against each other would still be in the spirit of the challenge. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I see, then I guess my idea doesn´t work. Would have been more a battle of mind and will. Basically a psycological thing.

Findswoman likes this.