main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Sideshow Collectibles Discussion Board!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've seen pics of him - he's adorable. I like it when people have him sitting down.

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The teeth crack me up.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jabba is here! Jabba is here!

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    His "tiny" box - 3' x 2' x 2'

[​IMG]

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jabba is here! I don't have a place to put him yet - but I removed him from his cardboard prison.

Some observations. Jabba needs 2 people to take him out of the box, it was a struggle for me to get him out.

Figure is packaged really well. Jabba himself has multiple eyes, mouths, and arms. They're really easy to install. I still need to put Salacious together.

The Throne is awesome, I believe the first time that they made Jabba the throne was made of Polystone (which weighs a ton) - this throne is plastic. Pulling it out I immediately got hit by the smell of childhood with it's plastic smell.

Here are a few pics ( also my Skiff Guard SS Lando Calrissian figure)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's poor Grogu ( and Qui-Gon) hiding behind Jabba

[​IMG]

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That Lando figure looks pretty nice. I have a 12" action figure of him in that costume.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I can try to get some more close-up photos of him. He's a REALLY nice figure. I like both of the heads the Billy Dee sculpt is really spot on.

My room is in chaos and my good camera is on the fritz so I'm behind on photographing things.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You can also just order Ahsoka by herself HERE.

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    $285? Wow. I really want that statue but I'll at least have to think about it for awhile. I don't need Grogu (I'd imagine that would bump the price up another $50 or so); but still it's pretty steep.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Welcome to Hot Toys, their prices just keep going up and up.

I was totally excited w/ this figure that she's got the moveable eyes. I was just thinking recently that they need to bring that feature back. They haven't used that since their very first Hot Toys figure - Bespin Luke. I really like it, it's funky but it also helps you for giving you more display flexibility. The eyes moving on Ahsoka sold me to purchase her (w/ Grogu and the deluxe stand/background.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here's a closeup of the proto-type face for Ahoska

[​IMG]

cathiecat and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sideshow is going to be doing a May the 4th Celebration week - sign up for specials and reveals for new products.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Really love the look of those clone wars figures! TCW is like definitive Star Wars for me, so these are VERY tempting. Hoping they're priced a little lower than hot toys though. They've gotten ridiculously expensive lately.

Jedi Knight88 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I agree they are way too expensive

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The way I see it, if I'm going to buy an expensive figure, that'll be the figure. I'm very picky in my collectible investments of course. I don't even own all of the Ahsoka figures/Funko Pops that are available now.

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I feel like they're really the only figures that are that expensive. I collect pops or hasbro, which are 10ish or 20ish, lol. I got into Hot toys less than eight years ago, and they were 220 a figure. I can look at my orders from Rogue One and TFA. 220 for Rey and Jyn. 229 for trooper Luke. 235 for RotS Anakin... Then they skyrocketed to around 280 or higher now. But they haven't gotten better in quality. Many of them even have less accessories. Some are perfectly okay with the price hike. In a way, I am actually, Cause I will be paying it for several upcoming figures. It's just very noticeable how quickly they've increased in price, and how that doesn't seem to actually be slowing down. It's not a trend I'm favorable towards. Another couple years of it and I'll be out of the game sadly. Things like the new "Falcon" hot toy for marvel (keeping it spoiler free) are out of my range now.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It looks like Sideshow is dusting off their old licenses, Grievous is a redo - but is hard to find. People seem to be happy about it. I'd personally love if they would redo Greedo, Hammerhead, and Aayla Secura. They did an Asajj Ventress once, I wonder if they'll do her up cartoon-like like they're doing w/ Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Here's a list of the new figures for pre-order and upcoming. (All are 1/6 scale unless otherwise noted.

Sideshow:

Ahsoka Premium Format figure

New Rancor Statue - Will be smaller than the first one that they released.

Clone Wars Obi-Wan and Anakin - pictures/links above

Anakin Mythos statue link/preview above also

Hot Toys

The Bad Batch:

Echo

Coming soon...

The Hunter

The Mandalorian

Stormtrooper Commander

Grogu deluxe giftset

Mandalorian and Blurrg

Blurrg

Coming soon...

Kuiil

Mandalorian w/ Grogu on Swoop bike

Artillery Stormtrooper

So far that's what we've got. I'm going to eventually have to go for a Blurrg - I have Mando/Grogu coming soon, they can ride it :) I want to see Kuiil - he looks good from the pics from the booth. (I don't have pics - my computer died on me and I had to reboot so getting it back up and fully running will take me a while.)

The Grogu set is tempting you get 3 Grogus plus the frog and Lothcat. I'd like to get it at $100 or less though....rewards points, rewards points, come on and grow!

And Clone Wars Anakin and Obi-Wan will be sure fire purchases for me.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  24. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Hunter is a must for me. The clone wars figures are too.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd be curious to know if Sideshow would reissue the Waxer, Boil, and Numa set that was released several years ago. Every so often I find myself on Ebay looking for people selling Numa independently from Waxer and Boil; but it's still at a pretty steep price anyway.

[​IMG]