main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2017 Book Club Dates

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
  2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    "Star Wars: The High Republic begins with the release of Light of the Jedi and A Test of Courage on January 5, 2021, with Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic #1 on January 6, 2021. Into the Dark and IDW’s Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1 will release on February 2, 2021, and February 3, 2021, respectively."

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You can't hear me over the interweb, but I am humming the theme song... and did a little "Perfect Tommy" hop.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ran across a nice Easter Egg in the ESB A Certain Point of View book..."Hub grub Commander. Hub grub."

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    hee hee They have a Jaxxon story =D=

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Jason Fry never disappoints.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Governor Andy says we can get together outside if we're all vaccinated (and we are), so let's get back to basics with the first ever "Tailgate Bookclub". Let's shoot for Monday May 10 at 7PM (should still be plenty of light) at the back of the Barnes and Noble parking lot. No book to read, no agenda except seeing each other in person again and talking the Warz and whatever else comes up. Bring a chair and an umbrella (just in case) and hopefully the parking lot geese won't chase us off.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for everyone for getting together for Vaxx Club. Remember the first rule of Vaxx club is to talk about and promote Vaxx club. We'll have to see what the state of things is in a month or so. I liked that we weren't the only group doing a parking lot meet up.

I enjoyed Jammies' cosplay :)

So if we were to do a heist what do you see each person's role being? The brains/mastermind? The muscle/hitter? The tech/hacker? The grifter/confidence artist? Demolitions? Combinations?

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That's a good one.
    I don't know. If we need a mastermind, or rather, a mind twister-- I think I know who we can call.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did a check on Barnes and Noble last week. Things are looking good there but they're still closing at 8PM during the week. We could start our meets there but then we'd have to go out to the parking lot when they close.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Feeling nostalgic I guess and went ahead and did a re-read on the Star Wars:Med Star novels Battle Surgeons and Jedi Healer By Michael Reaves and Steve Perry. Was a nice little diversion, I don't read as much as I used to.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Did a re-read of Star Wars Battlefront:Twilight Company by Alexander Freed. One of my past favorites due to the gritty nature. It seems as I'm getting older and getting closer to leaving this plane of existence I'm getting less likely to pick up new books and series and instead finding comfort in past books I've enjoyed, especially stuff from when I was a teenager like the Pern series and Thieves' World.

A new book I AM planning on getting because it's by one of this group's favorite Star Wars authors John Jackson Miller is "The Living Force".
    Star Wars The Living Force Book Reveal: Jedi Council in Crisis (gizmodo.com)
    JJM hasn't had a Star Wars book since 2013? That's way too long. I'll have to add Kenobi to my re-read list as well.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023