main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Since her husband seems quite keen to be involved with the MCU from what I've heard, maybe he's trying to persuade her it's not so bad

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ah ok, thanks for filling me in.

I just want that Hawkeye show out ASAP, I love Jeremy Renner in these movies!

Master_Lok likes this.
  3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I want to see Hawkeye too. If any existing Avenger needs more screen time, it’s Clint. Still disappointing his kids, one mission at a time.:p

Sarge and Darkslayer like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Moving Loki to Wednesday is a way to ensure it doesn't bump into Black Widow but I kinda hope they keep it for the MCU shows, also it'll make sure it doesn't conflict with any other D+ Friday drops if its a MCU Wednesday release schedule.

Loki pre-watch list is as follows:
    Thor
    The Avengers
    That one scene in Endgame
    That's it.

(Technically you can switch off The Avengers at "I'll take that drink now" but there's only like one scene and the credits teasers left. Personally speaking my hand may hover above the stop button though and will probably jump to Endgame. But for all intents and purposes the last few minutes aren't for the Loki show)

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Juliet316 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Loki's final scene in Avengers (after the "drink" line) leads directly into (or, rather directly follows) his appearance in Endgame's 2012 scenes that lead into the Loki series. Otherwise you aren't entirely aware that things had changed (versus just revealing a previously unknown sidetrip).

Both Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are scheduled to stream this year. Hawkeye finished filming last month, which suggests that will air first.

Darkslayer, Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh. Cool thanks for the update on Ms. Marvel. That makes sense that Ms. Marvel would air close to year (or a year) before The Marvels comes out, just like Wandavision ended a little more than a year before Dr. Strange 2 comes out.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Darkslayer and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I hope Emily and John have signed onto play Sue Storm and Reed Richards, respectively, but she could be telling the truth. We'll just have to wait for the official announcement by Marvel Studios, which I would expect sometime this year; may July as that's when SDCC usually takes place, but since that was cancelled again, so more likely is in December during their investor day like last year. I would think they would need to start filming Fantastic Four soon should it be released in 2023, but more likely a 2024 release date in May. It would be interesting if F4 dropped on May the 4th, aka Star Wars

Any idea when the animated series What If... will be released? I've been looking forward to that one.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... you're crazy if you don't think someone is circling April 4th, 2024... 4/4/24...

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was wondering the same thing.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Just looked at the 2024 calendar and April 4th, 2024 is a Thursday, which has been the traditional release day of movies in recent years. That's certainly is a fantastic day for a F4 release.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    About halfway through Agent Carter S1 in my MCU rewatch and I'm really enjoying all the drier, quick lines that they don't hit you over the head with. Like when Jarvis and Carter open the container with Howard in it and he drops the alliterative "My favorite foreigners!" [face_laugh].

I don't recall the intro/recap to the episodes being this long, though- wonder if that is a Blu-Ray thing or something kept in from its overseas broadcasts (since these disc sets are mostly UK/EU-centric)?

There was also a line last episode from the one agent to Sousa along the lines of "No dame is gonna trade in a red, white and blue shield for an aluminum leg" and I'm like, "Well, now that we know how Endgame & later Marvel TV turns out, he's not wrong..."

Mid-year. I suspect August, after Loki and BW have had their runs.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The2ndQuest and Juliet316 like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You know, for some reason, it didn't click that Shang-Chi was a Labor Day release window until it was pointed out there. I had been wondering how much of that release date was out of necessity and was kinda feeling like it had gotten the short stick after originally being a more prominent February release window.

But, even though Labor Day itself isn't traditionally a strong weekend for the box office, it is enough of an anchor point for the rest of the month so that the film has a few weeks of breathing room until the Oct films hit (well, there's also Venom/Carnage at the end of the month, but, still, they're so different). Plus, a couple years ago, you had the legs of Crazy Rich Asians in that timeframe and, albeit it 20+ years ago, you had the Rush Hour series find good success launching around there as well (though closer to, or on, Venom's release date). So, there is some overlap between those two that could work as a favorable indicator despite the traditional Sept dumping ground perception (not that the MCU leaves its success in question, more just in relation to its release date).

EDIT- Saw this on FB as a decent summary of what's been announced so far (though I would still assume Hawkeye hits first given that it's completion has an extra month or so on Ms Marvel's- plus Hawkeye presumably has less FX work involved regarding powers, etc):

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, that show is brilliant, and terribly underrated.
    And, technically, it's also decanonized by Endgame. Like, is Peggy still a founding member of S.H.E.I.L.D. after Endgame? Did she and Steve have kids? Did she and Steve have a menage with Sousa? So many possibilities. :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely it's all in a different timeline.

Cap changed the past, which became his future.
    A new future, branching off separately from the one Endgame takes place in

ThisIsTheWay and Juliet316 like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, as far as we can tell (despite contradicting statements from certain individuals*), Cap went back and created a new timeline branch to live out his life with Peggy. Peggy Prime still dumped Sousa, founded SHIELD with Howard circa what-would-have-been AC S4 or S5, and went on to marry whomever her husband was that was referenced in that documentary footage. Prime Steve then jumped back to the Prime timeline afterwards (presumably after Alternate Peggy passed), which is why he took the extra Pym particle vial (as he essentially made the decision back in the 70's sidetrip after seeing her).

Whether or not Alternate Peggy still founded SHIELD and had kids, etc in that new timeline branch is unknown.

*The contradicting comments would suggest a scenario I refer to as "Basement Steve" where Peggy still dumped Sousa (whether because of normal circumstances or because of Steve's secret return), secretly married Steve who assumed a false identity and/or hid in Peggy's basement, while allowing the events of the timeline to play out as usual (thus making it that Steve was always Peggy's documentary husband in a timeloop sort of way, and the story of Steve saving him that she mentions is just a cover story and/or the identity Steve assumed). But that seems out of character for Steve, which makes it less likely that they'd change over to that explanation.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is there anything that tells us what date Steve went back to? Could he have travelled back to a time just after AC ended?

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    One of the writers said 1948 somewhere (which would be equal to AC S3’s setting, assuming a one-year-per-season progression) but script references (and Rogers’ age) specify 1949 (with a possible technicality allowing into mid-1950 at the latest), so that would be analogous to AC S4 (or S5).

SHIELD was supposedly officially founded in 1950 but the initial process began in 1949 (in some way similar to the end of the AC One-Shot).

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... But Sousa died. We know Sousa died (which was really Coulson's LMD dying in Souza's place and protecting history) in 1955... if she was referring to Sousa in 1953 and he dies in 1955 that suuuuuuuuuuuucks... :p

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Is 1953 the documentary date?

In which case, damn, Steve. Just target a decade later for your arrival, will ya?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    According to YouTube, Reddit, etc. posting the official full interview up -- yes it is.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it's implied that he and Peggy had been broken up for awhile by 1955. If she was married by 1953, that means she couldn't have been married for longer than 5 years by then (if we assume, in an unlikely-but-worst-case scenario, Peggy and Sousa broke up between Seasons 2 & 3; or during Season 3). Assume Peggy would have built up a relationship with her future husband a some point over the course of 1948 (and not the next day after dumping Sousa) at a bare minimum and we start to get into 1949 territory. So, it's quite possible that Steve showed up just before she met her husband and/or before their relationship got serious.

Actually, come to think of it, that has to 100% be the case: Steve definitely knew about Peggy's life since the 40's from SHIELD files and talking to her in the hospital. There's no way he wouldn't have researched what year to jump to before doing so. So he definitely would have chosen a year that Peggy was still single (otherwise he could have jumped back to 1946-1947 before she got involved with Sousa).

So that would mean Sousa gets dumped sometime between late-1947 and mid-1949 and Unknown Husband didn't meet (or, at the bare minimum, begin to court) Peggy until around late-1949 to mid-1950 at the earliest. So she had only been married for a maximum of about 3 years when she made that documentary; and 5 years max when Sousa is offed.

(all of this assumes it is not Sousa she is referring to in the documentary... otherwise they got divorced or separated between 1953 and 1955. But I don't think Sousa's reaction at the prospect of seeing Peggy again in 1955 would align with that scenario)

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The problem with that is that Endgame shows that the time-travel metode used by the Avengers don't create a stable time loop, but instead create branshing alternate timelines, or (possibly) actually moves the Avengers into similar alternative realities instead of backward in time. This means that Old Man Steve can't be the Steve we saw going back in time.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    If that was the case, none of the avengers who came back were the ones we originally saw going back in time.

Sarge likes this.