main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe finally get new rotta the hutt content.

2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Now there's a crossover villain! Maybe Rotta isn't as popular or galaxy shaking as Thrawn. But the story writes itself.

Rotta, the young upstart, wants to prove himself and rebuild his dad's criminal empire. Boba, who used to work for his father, has stolen Rotta's birthright and is even living in his palace! So when Rotta attacks to get revenge, Boba calls on Din Djarin for assistance. Din in turn calls on C̶a̶r̶a̶ ̶D̶u̶n̶e̶ whoever is the protagonist of the New Republic Rangers. (Or maybe Rotta tries to assassinate Leia and that gets the NR's attention). And of course we know Ashoka has a connection to Rotta.

The only downside is I'm now imagining Rosario Dawson talking to a an animatronic and asking it "Stinky, is that you?", and that would immediately drain all seriousness from the situation. Best leave out that nickname.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Rotta's rise to power might be a slow build, given we don't know how slow or fast the hutts age as they can age up 1000. He might only be teenage by TROS.

4. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Well in Legends Hutts were considered young adults at around 70, but of course they can always change that. The Mandalorian takes place around 9 ABY, about 30 years after we last saw Rotta as an infant. So by the standards of a race that lives for centuries he'd probably still be considered very young, but that's why I called him a "young upstart". Proving that even though he's young he has what it takes to run his dad's organization.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Wanna feel old? Rotta's been around as long now as Thrawn had been when Survivor's Quest was released.

... And I've been posting here for as long as the time between Heir and Legacy of the Force. ..... Nope, don't like that.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Rotta is Boba's undoing. Could Rotta be with Cobb Vanth at the momment now.

7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I think a premise of New Republic pilots/agents in the style of wraith squadron would work well, at least for me

But Carano is a bigot, so if this was supposed to be her show, then I’m glad it was canned, good riddance

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Sure you can. Except for Benioff and Weiss, none of the projects you've mentioned have been cancelled. Expect it until it's cancelled. And if it turns out they don't come to pass, oh well. They'll replace it with something else, and the replacement will probably be at least as good as whatever was cancelled in the first place.

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I mean, maybe something similar to this project will eventually see the light, maybe it will even be good

But there’s no excuse for Carano’s bigoted views, so if the original idea was to have Carano as the lead, then yes whatever replaces it will automatically be better in my opinion

10. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    A reminder that all this is based on a a tweet that mentions an article that has one line "in passing", and it doesn't state New Republic Rangers is canceled, just that it's not in active development. IIRC back in the Mandalorian thread there was speculation there would be no season 3 until that was debunked, especially because of a poorly worded article that basically said Disney was focusing on the Boba Fett show.

That being said, I do think Cara Dune was planned to have a role in the Rangers show. The Mandalorian Season 2 had a whole episode that set the stage for the Ahsoka show, and ended with a teaser for The Book of Boba Fett. So I suspect the whole scene of her being given a badge and made an NR Marshall was further setup. Though I guess you could argue it was just to setup how later in the season she uses her connections for a prison break.

If she was invovled I can respect that they'd have to heavily revise their plans. But if they're canceling it outright, that's disappointing because it's not like the premise hangs on that one character. A Boba Fett show needs Fett and an Ahsoka show needs Ahsoka. But there's a lot of things you can do story wise with the concept of New Republic rangers in a post Jakku galaxy.

11. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Not again. At this point I’m not going to believe that projects, even Rogue Squadron, are happening until they release the cast list.

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Nah. Jedi Batman and The Positive Fan are right about this. "Not currently in active development" doesn't necessarily mean canceled, and the Rogue Squadron movie is still two and a half years away. Star Wars may have eyes bigger than its sarlacc pit (line stolen from the AV Club) when it comes to announcing projects too early, but this one throwaway line from Variety isn't enough to forecast doom for the whole franchise quite yet.

Edit: With that said, if this was intended to be a Carano vehicle, announcing it when they did is pretty baffling, when it seems she was already in the doghouse or even already fired at that point. Anyway it should be about Paul Sun-Hyung Lee.

13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Granted but development is when you work on the scripts and such, which means that sure maybe the show could return in some other form one day it it is on the shelf now. To not be in development means they ain't even rewritting it and the way the Variety article is phrased makes it sound like only Ahsoka and BoBF are still a thing and relevant now.

''In December, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced that Filoni and Favreau are executive producing several “Mandalorian” spinoffs for Disney Plus, including “The Book of Boba Fett,” which is currently shooting and premiering in December, and “Ahsoka,” starring Rosario Dawson, and based on the character Filoni created in “The Clone Wars.” (A third announced spinoff, “Rangers of the New Republic,” is not currently in active development.)''

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Hahahaha, that's just perfect, i need that, it would be pure TCW, the good and the bad.

Nah, honestly Ahsoka making Stinky change his mind and make him into a better person than his father is a great idea, one i'm sure most of us had when first seeing Jabba's son interact with Jedi like that.

15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    A surprise to be sure, but a Welcome one!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Ghost and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Now the real question is Villain or Anti-Hero. And also how the heck has she survived.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021
  17. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    To me, it seems more likely that this is the only information they have, and that there has been a leap made somewhere to "this means Barriss" for clicks.

The description would fit Sabine better, I think. Barriss would be in her late forties.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  18. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, I think they might have their wires crossed with which specific character this might be.

AusStig likes this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, the description is way more Sabine. Although I wouldn't be surprised at all if Barriss makes an appearance. (I'm still vaguely holding out hope that the crazy rumor that Barriss and Quinlan go on the run as some weird ex-Jedi gangster duo is a thing...)

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    It reminds me of the “Rex is in Mando season 2” rumours.

I mean, THR confirms that Morrison’s back and as Boba Fett. And then a lot of these scoopers chime in saying he’s also pulling double duty as Rex. I think they let their enthusiasm and imaginations get away from them.

AusStig likes this.
  21. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Assuming this is even true, why are they recasting Barriss? What's wrong with Nalini Krishan? For that matter, why are they recasting Sabine? Tiya Sircar would be perfect for the role in live action.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Can't speak for Sabine but sometimes some voice actors don't always make for good live action actors.

23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Tiya Sircar, who played Sabine, is mainly a live action actor. She's been in some big things. The Good Place is a great example. I'd argue she's more famous than Katee Sackhoff. Nalini Krishan, who played Barriss in AOTC, is solely a live action actor. She hasn't been in anything big but they should at least give her an audition.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it also be if they look like their animated characters, does Tya look asian,?

25. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Tiya Sircar is of South Asian (Indian) descent. Also notable is that Sabine's mother Ursa Wren is also voiced by someone of South Asian descent, Sharmila Devar.

Nalini Krishan literally played Barriss in the movie. The animated Barriss was designed to look like her. She was then voiced by white people in TCW and 2D Clone Wars.

SWpants likes this.