main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , May 24, 2021.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    The Fanfiction Summer Olympics

The Olympics was postponed last year, but now athletes from around the world can come together and compete in Tokyo. In honor of that, I thought it would be fun to host another Olympic Games of our own this summer.

[​IMG]

This Fanfiction Summer Olympics will be very similar in schedule and structure to the one I hosted last year, which inspired some truly marvelous stories on a variety of characters across the Star Wars and non-Star Wars fandoms.

This Fanfiction Summer Olympics is a competition where authors attempt to complete their choice of a triathlon (three writing events), a pentathlon (five writing events), or a decathlon (ten events) for a character, couple, family, or friendship they have selected before the competition closes.

Nota bene: if you pick a certain character, couple, family, or friendship, that character or those characters should be the main focus of your stories, but you are certainly welcome to include other characters as well. For example, if you are writing Han/Leia for the Star Wars Pentathlon, Luke is welcome to show up as well in your story or stories. When picking a couple, you may also write about a non-canon couple if you'd like, and when writing stories, you may write in an AU if you'd like as well.

For the triathlon, pentathlon, and decathlon there will be Star Wars and non-Star Wars categories in which authors may enter. This means the available events are as follows: Star Wars Triathlon, non-Star Wars Triathlon, Star Wars Pentathlon, non-Star Wars Pentathlon, Star Wars Decathlon, and non-Star Wars Decathlon.

To enter the competition, simply post in this thread with your intention to enroll in a particular event in the Star Wars or non-Star Wars category and list what character, couple, family or friendship you would like to use for each event. You may enter multiple events. For example, you could announce your intention to write about Luke Skywalker for the Star Wars Pentathlon and Lily/James in the Harry Potter fandom for the non-Star Wars Decathlon. You can also edit your post to add new events that you’d like to sign up for as the competition continues.

In your post, you can provide a link to your story thread or threads. You should keep all the events for a particular competition that you are entered in confined to one thread for easy reference and include the events in separate posts. For instance, if you are writing for the Luke Skywalker Pentathlon, all your writings for that event should be in one thread, but you should have another thread for your Lily/James submissions for the non-Star Wars Decathlon in another thread in the non-Star Wars category. Likewise, if you were to decide to write a Star Wars Triathlon for Han Solo, you would create yet another thread for that. You should also update your post with information on the different events that you have completed as you go along so that everyone can see and celebrate your progress.

Multiple people may choose to write about the same character, couple, family, or friendship for their category (for example, multiple people could write about Han/Leia for a Star Wars Pentathlon, or multiple people could write about Anakin Skywalker for a Star Wars Triathlon). The main point of having people choose the couple or character they wish to focus on is to provide an extra element of challenge to this competition.

At the end of the competition, anyone who has finished an event in a particular category will be considered a champion and a virtual gold medalist in that particular category. Anyone who completed multiple parts of an event but did not completely finish the event will receive a virtual silver medal in that category. Anyone completing one event in a particular category will receive a virtual bronze medal.

[​IMG]

The competition opens: July 1st, 2021.

The competition closes: September 1st, 2021.

Medal Ceremony: September 2nd, 2021.

Event Choices:

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Triathlon (parts of event may be completed in any order):

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme.

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family or friendship aren’t mentioned.

Plus your choice of any one event from the Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon found below.

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Pentathlon (parts of events may be completed in any order):

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character or couple with any theme.

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

Plus your choice of any three events from the Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon found below.

Star Wars and Non-Star Wars Decathlon (parts of events may be completed in any order): Pick any 12 of the 13 events listed below-

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.

1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.

4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.

200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Water Polo Poetry: Water Polo Poetry has no word limit. The rules are that it must be a piece of poetry written about your character, couple, family, friendship, etc. The piece of poetry does not have to be in any set style, either. It can be a haiku, a limerick, a sonnet, or something written in free verse. As long as it is poetry, it counts. Remember poetry is a celebration of sound and imagery and sometimes but not always rhyme, so those are the kinds of things expected in Water Polo Poetry.

Special Announcement:

I am going to add an optional event called Water Polo Poetry to the Summer Olympics. Writers will have the option of adding the event to any triathlon, pentathlon, or decathlon they write, but including the optional event will not be mandatory for anyone. Writers can also substitute one of the other events (not including 110 Word Hurdle or 400 Word Cross Country) with this optional new event. So, for example, instead of writing AU Archery or Fantastical Fencing, someone could write this new event instead. As always, please feel free to ask me any questions in this thread or in a PM, and I will do my best to answer as soon as possible!

Nota Bene: The "Prime Time Coverage" was removed as a requirement from the Triathlon and Pentathlon categories to allow competitors in those categories a greater degree of choice in which events they write. I hope this change will make the event even more enjoyable for everyone.

Competition Rules:
    1. All stories should comply with the fanfiction rules of this site, but I’m sure all you wonderful people knew that already.
    2. All word counts for stories should be followed as exactly as possible in order to ensure that the competition remains challenging.
    Q: Does a story have to be "new" and written specifically for the Summer Olympics to be used for the Summer Olympics?

A: In a nutshell, yes, I would like all the stories posted for the Summer Olympics to be new, but don't be too intimidated. Remember that if you sign up for a particular triathlon, pentathlon, or decathlon, you can still become a bronze or silver medalist if you finish a story or two from that triathlon, pentathlon, or decathlon, so any progress you do make toward finishing your triathlon, pentathlon, or decathlon will be celebrated and acknowledged!

Q: Can stories written for the Summer Olympics be combined with other challenges (e.g. 4x100 Relay also being written for the OTP Challenge)?

A:
    From my end, I'm fine with someone "doubling dipping" with a particular story by making it work for this event and other challenges. I would still like anything written for this challenge to be put in its specially made thread for easy finding, though. For example, if someone were writing an Anakin/Padme Decathlon and the 4x100 Relay was also used for the OTP Challenge, I'd like for the 4X100 Relay to be in the thread the author made for the Anakin/Padme Decathlon. Also, since I don't want to step on any toes or violate the rules of any other challenge, I'd say to double-check with whoever is running the other challenge you plan on "double dipping" with just to make sure that they are fine with it. I'll put the responsibility of double-checking that with each individual competitor, however, and if a story that "double-dips" is posted for this Summer Olympics, I'll assume that they did get such approval from the person running the challenge.

Q: For the 4x100 Relay, what are the definitions for affection and intimacy, and how do they differ? How intimate does intimacy have to be?

A:
    I'd define affection as that sort of warm, fuzzy feeling of fondness. Affection could be for a family member, a friend, or a pet.

I'd define intimacy as a deep feeling of closeness to someone; a sense that you know someone profoundly and that person knows you. It can be felt between people in a romantic relationship, but also between parents and children or between siblings or between friends. It doesn't necessarily have to be physical intimacy in my opinion.

I'll also say that you can be quite open-ended and flexible with the definitions. Ultimately it is about what intimacy or affection means to your character, couple, family, or friendship if that makes sense.

Q: Do signups close on July 1st when the competition begins?

A:
    Since this is such a long competition, I will leave signups open after July 1st, and allow signups until the closing date, though, obviously, the nearer you signup to the closing date, the less time you have to work on your events. This also holds true for people who might have signed up already but want to add another event. For instance, if someone signed up to write a Luke Pentathlon but wants to write a Han Triathlon as well, that person can signup after July 1st for the Han Triathlon. I know it can be hard to predict in June what your August schedule will look like so I think having signups that go beyond July 1st will help with that.

Q: Can we start planning before the competition officially opens?

A:
    Absolutely. Everyone is welcome to plan and outline before the official start of the competition. Consider it training and warmups for the Olympics!

Q: Do titles count toward word counts?

A:
    I don't generally include titles in calculating a word count, but you may as long as you are consistent throughout the competition.

Q: Can we start writing the actual stories before the official opening of the competition?

A:
    You may begin writing your stories, but please wait to post them until the competition opens officially with a post in this thread on July 1st.

Further Questions:

If you have any further questions about this Fanfiction Summer Olympics, please feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM, and I will do my best to address any questions you might have.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Opening Ceremony and Parade of Athletes (a.k.a. Index of Competitors) :

Star Wars Triathlon:
    Archex/Cardinal: A Fateful Dune by @clone commander bossk
    Lance Stormbreaker/Claire Moonstep: Love Is All You Need by @Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    OC's Dr. Erek Nikana and Nurse Beka Onari: First do No Harm by @JediMaster_Jen
    Leia & Ezra: What Dreams May Come by @JediMaster_Jen

Star Wars Pentathlon:

Song!verse: Speak Into the Silence by @Mira_Jade
    Home!verse: @Mira_Jade
    Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Ocean Song by @devilinthedetails
    Vernestra Rwoh: A Light in the Dark by @devilinthedetails
    Moniron Characters: It happened a second time by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Raymus Antilles: Diplomatic Mission by @Thumper09
    OC New Republic Soldiers (AT-ST's):Comes with the Territory by @Thumper09
    Thrawn &Ezra: Outsiders by @Chyntuck
    Hera Syndulla/Kanan Jarrus: Beginnings by @Raissa Baiard
    Rose Evergreen Crew: A Rose Has Five Petals by @Findswoman
    Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Working My Way Back to You by @brodiew
    Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo: Before the End by @JediMaster_Jen
    Amilyn Holdo: @brodiew
    Mando (Din Djarin) and a cat: This IS the way: Mando with cats and things happen by @gizkaspice
    Jocasta Nu, Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu and OC's: Archive disasters by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Young Qui-Gon and friends: Animal lover by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Kyp Durron and friends: The hunt for the holocron by @earlybird-obi-wan

Star Wars Decathlon:
    Ben Skywalker in Etf 'Verse: The Way Out is Through by @ViariSkywalker
    Eli Vanto & Vah'nya: Outsiders by @Chyntuck
    Anakin Skywalker: All the Difference by @devilinthedetails
    Vestri Dain and her band of Sentientologists/Scientists with one recording droid: Notes from the Field by @Seldes_Katne
    OC Cassie and her blood cousin Darth Vader: Strong Black Vine by @AzureAngel2
    OC Moira Basavan and her family: @DaenaBenjen42
    The Mischief Makers (Tara, Namia, Taeyn, Qui-Gon, and Mace Windu): Mischief Makers by @Kit'
    Ilona Malek: Summer Camp Shenanigans by @Anedon; co-author @Adalia-Durron
    Pat Huling (Moniron): Storyteller by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Chaos Twins: Thunderbolt and Lightning by @ViariSkywalker
    Kaagi Adin (Moniron): The perils of draxin collecting by @earlybird-obi-wan
    Allana Djo Solo/Darth Festus (OC): Our Weakness is the Same @ViariSkywalker
    Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke, Leia, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Xanatos, Caleb Dume, Ezra, Anakin Solo and a few OC's.: Pass on What You Have Learned by @JediMaster_Jen
    Luke Skywalker: Past Tension by @Starith

Non Star Wars Triathlon:
    Emma Swan/Neal CassidylBaelfire (Once Upon a Time): @ViariSkywalker
    Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier from Marvel Cinematic Universe0: You Are Free Now @mavjade
    Star Trek: Identity by @RX_Sith

Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:
    Katara (Avatar:The Last Airbender): Like the Raging Ocean by @devilinthedetails
    Zuko/Mai (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Heart of Fire by @devilinthedetails
    Hades/Persephone (Lore Olympus): @Mira_Jade
    Star Trek Ensemble (Star Trek): Communicating and Connecting @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    The Rookie Ensemble: The Beat Goes On by @brodiew
    Jarod and Miss Parker (The Pretender): Three Hours to the Nearest Phone by @DaenaBenjen42
    Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Through a Monster's Broken Gaze by @devilinthedetails

Non Star Wars Decathlon:
    Roku (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Burns Everything It Touches @devilinthedetails
    Izumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra): Daughter of the Fire Nation by @devilinthedetails
    Zuko/Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender): A Universe of Beaches by @Mira_Jade
    Tim Bradford/Lucy Chen (The Rookie): This 'n' That by @Mira_Jade
    Narnia/Star Wars Fusion featured in "From Whence We Came: @Nehru_Amidala
    Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Doesn't Have to Burn by @devilinthedetails
    Kori (Avatar: The Last Airbender comes): Inherit the Earth by @devilinthedetails

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  3. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Medal Ceremonies:

Bronze Medalist in the Star Wars Triathlon:

Archex/Cardinal: A Fateful Dune by @clone commander bossk

Silver Medalist in the Star Wars Triathlon:

Lance Stormbreaker/Claire Monster: Love is All You Need by @Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Triathlon:

OC's Dr. Erek Nikana and Nurse Beka Onari: First Do No Harm by @JediMaster_Jen

Leia and Ezra: What Dreams May Come by @JediMaster_Jen

Bronze Medalist in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Song Verse: Speak into the Silence by @Mira_Jade

Silver Medalist in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Hera Syndulla/Kanan Jarrus: Beginnings by @Raissa Baiard

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Pentathlon:

Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Ocean Song by @devilinthedetails

Vernestra Rwoh: A Light in the Dark by @devilinthedetails

Moniron characters: It happened a second time by @earlybird-obi-wan

Raymus Antilles: Diplomatic Mission by @Thumper09

OC New Republic Soldiers: Comes with the Territory by @Thumper09

Thrawn and Ezra: Outsiders by @Chyntuck

Rose Evergreen Crew: A Rose has Five Petals by @Findswoman

Avar Kriss/Elzar Mann: Working My Way Back to You by @brodiew

Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo: Before the End by @JediMaster_Jen

Mando (Din Djarin) and a cat: This is the Way by @gizkaspice

Jocasta Nu, Yoda, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, and OC's: Archive disasters by @earlybird-obi-wan

Young Qui-Gon and friends: Animal lover by @earlybird-obi-wan

Kyo Durron and friends: The hunt for the holocron by @earlybird-obi-wan

Silver Medalists in the Star Wars Decathlon:

Ben Skywalker in EtF Verse: The Way Out is Through by @ViariSkywalker

Eli Vanto and Vah'nya: Outsiders by @Chyntuck

Anakin Skywalker: All the Difference by @devilinthedetails

Luke Skywalker: Past Tension by @Starith

Gold Medalists in the Star Wars Decathlon:

Vestri Dain and her band of scientists: Notes from the Field by @Seldes_Katne

OC Cassie and her blood cousin Darth Vader: Strong Black Vine by @AzureAngel2

The Mischief Makers: Mischief Makers by @Kit'

Chaos Twins: Thunderbolt and Lightning by @ViariSkywalker

Ilona Malek: Summer Camp Shenanigans by @Anedon and @Adalia-Durron

Pat Huling (Moniron): Storyteller by @earlybird-obi-wan

Kaagi Adin (Moniron): The perils of draxin collecting by @earlybird-obi-wan

Allana Dio Solo/Darth Festus (OC): Our Weakness is the Same by @ViariSkywalker

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke, Leia, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Xanatos, Caleb Dume, Ezra, Anakin Solo and a few OC's.: Pass on What You Have Learned by @JediMaster_Jen

Bronze Medalist in the Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier from Marvel Universe): You Are Free Now by @mavjade

Silver Medalist in Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

Identity by @RX_Sith

Silver Medalist in the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

Jarod and Miss Parker (The Pretender): Three Hours to the Nearest Phone by @DaenaBenjen42

Gold Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Like the Raging Ocean by @devilinthedetails

Zuko/Mai (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Heart of Fire by @devilinthedetails

Star Trek Ensemble: Communicating and Connecting by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Rookie Ensemble : The Beat Goes On by @brodiew

Azula (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Through a Monster's Broken Gaze by @devilinthedetails

Silver Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

Zuko/Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender): A Universe of Beaches by @Mira_Jade

Tim Bradford/Lucy Chen (The Rookie): This 'N' That by @Mira_Jade

Kori (Avatar: The Last Airbender comics): Inherit the Earth by @devilinthedetails

Gold Medalists in the Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

Roku (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Burns Everything It Touches by @devilinthedetails

Izumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra): Daughter of the Fire Nation by @devilinthedetails

Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender): Fire Doesn't Have to Burn by @devilinthedetails

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'd like to sign up for the triathelon, please. :D

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
  5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yay! My first participant[face_dancing]

Have you decided if you'll be doing a Star Wars or Non-Star Wars triathlon yet and what character, couple, family, or friendship you'll be focusing on in your triathlon yet?

6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'll do sw about Archex/Cardinal.

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Awesome! I've added you to the index of competitors:)

8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I definitely want to participate; I just have to decide my theme.

9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Same here!

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS BACK!!! All the thanks and gratitude to our illustrious hostess, again, for making these fun and games possible. [:D]

AND, I actually have a question for @devilinthedetails! So. I am trying to narrow down exactly what I want to write for. Would it be permissible to write for an entire story arc, or AU 'verse? For example, could I write a decathlon for my entire Song!verse, say, and not solely the Skywalker family within that AU? If you'd rather our themes not be so broadly open for interpretation, I completely understand, but I figured there would be no harm in asking. ;)

11. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Raissa Baiard and @ViariSkywalker So glad you want to participate! And you have plenty of time to decide on your theme. The competition doesn't open until July 1st, and even then sign-ups will remain open until the end of the competition, so there is no rush to decide anything:) I just figured that I'd post early so that people would have more time to plan and figure out what they want to do, because I know that I am still figuring out what would be remotely feasible to sign up for giving how uncooperative and downright flighty my muse has been this year. So definitely no pressure on anyone to sign up right away! Your hostess doesn't even know what she is doing yet[face_laugh]

@Mira_Jade Thank you for your continued support of this event[:D]I'm so excited to be running it for another year and to see what stories it'll spark this summer!

As to your question, I think it would be totally okay to write a Decathlon (or a Pentathlon/Triathlon) organized around an entire story arc or AU 'verse. I feel like this challenge is difficult enough with the word and/or genre restrictions for the stories plus with the sheer number of fics that need to be churned out in a summer. A true Summer Olympics for us fanfic writers! So, I think as long as the Decathlon/Pentathlon/Triathlon has a unifying thread--a story arc, an AU 'verse, a character, a couple, a family, etc--I believe it would be a good fit for this Olympics:)

12. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Can I sign up?

13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Absolutely! It'd be wonderful to have you aboard:D

14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    okay, I have a few ideas where I can go with this.

15. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh, excellent. [face_mischief]

I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up for the SW Decathlon for my EtF-verse, though I don't know yet whether I'll focus on a single character or relationship in addition to focusing on the 'verse itself. So I'll get back to you on that. ;)

And... sign me up for a NSW Triathlon for OUAT (Once Upon a Time), focusing on Emma Swan/Neal Cassidy|Baelfire... yep, I'm a Swanfire fan from way back, and I have @Mira_Jade to blame thank for getting me writing about these two again. :p

I get the feeling I might be back to sign up for more of these, because I have no self-control... *muttermutter*super evil chaos twins of evil*muttermutter*

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I will sign up but don't know yet if it will be triathlon or more with my Moniron characters

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh I'm definitely signing up for this! Tentatively I'd say a SW decathlon featuring Eli Vanto & Vah'nya, but that may change once I've mapped out what I have in mind a bit better.

A question: would it be OK to combine several events in succession in a single entry? For instance, could I have a 1010-word chapter where the first paragraph is the 110 Word Hurdle, the next section is the 400 Word Cross Country and the final section the Prime Time Coverage?

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I'd join, but I still haven't finished my Poldo decathalon from last year! [face_laugh]
    And I absolutely do plan to finish that. Eventually. Because we need more Poldo around here.

On second thought, maybe I'll just do the triathalon this time. Knocking out three little ficlets shouldn't be too hard. Right? Still gotta decide who to do it about.

19. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I fully and proudly accept all blame and responsibility here, and I am giddy to see what you write! [face_dancing] [face_mischief] *ties Swanfire flag to the mast of our poor little ship rowboat*

*cough*may as well sign up for this too, because I won't let you not write something for the chaos twins. [face_mischief] [face_whistling] [face_devil]*coughcough*

As for myself, I have finally decided that I am going to write both a Song!verse Pentathlon and a Home!verse Pentathlon. (I really want to bump them both to decathlon, but I'm going to be modest and start small this time. [face_mischief]) Thanks so much, @devilinthedetails, for being so gracious as to accommodate my goals! [:D]

Then, for something new, on the NSWFF side of things I am going to sign up for a Tim Bradford/Lucy Chen (from The Rookie) Pentathlon. What can I say? My muse is smitten with Season 3 still going strong right now, and I cannot resist.

Aaaand . . . I'm going to stop here. I feel like I have like a dozen more ideas all clamoring for attention, but . . . you know, let's just bite off what I think I can chew. [face_laugh] :oops:

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Kahara, amidalachick, brodiew and 4 others like this.
  20. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Here’s a silly question: if your theme is an alternate universe, is any story set in that ‘verse applicable for AU Archery, or does it need to be sort of an “AU of an AU”? :p

21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @ViariSkywalker Great! :) I have you signed up for the Star Wars Decathlon with the EtF 'verse. If you decide you want to focus on a particular character or relationship, just let me know, and I'll add that to the index. I've also got you signed up for the Non Star Wars Triathlon focusing on Emma Swan/Neal CassidylBaelfire. And if you do decide to add anything else, I can put that in the index as well!

@earlybird-obi-wan Wonderful to have you participating as well!:)You still have plenty of time to make up your mind about whether you want to complete a Triathlon or more with your characters. I've put you down for a Star Wars Triathlon with the Moniron characters, but I can always bump you up to a Pentathlon or a Decathlon if you would like!

@Chyntuck Lovely to have you aboard as well!:)I have you down for a Star Wars Decathlon featuring Eli Vanto & Vah'nya, and I must say I'm excited to see what you can come up with for those characters I really enjoyed from the New Canon Thrawn books. If you change your mind about doing the Decathlon, just let me know, and I can switch it.

As to combining events into a single entry, I think I would be okay with that as long as it was clearly demarcated where each part section was. So a post something like this:

110 Word Hurdle

(the story part that fulfills the 110 Word Hurdle)

400 Cross Country

(story section that fulfills the 400 Word Cross Country)

Prime Time Coverage

(story section that fulfills Prime Time Coverage requirements)

That way it is easy to see what was completed for what event.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 I hope that you do finish your Poldo Decathlon from last year at some point, and I'd be happy to have you involved in the Fanfic Summer Olympics again this year:)Just let me know who you want to do the Triathlon on and I'll add you to the index!

@Raissa Baiard Your question is a very good one, and not silly at all, no worries!:)For Decathlons/Pentathlons/Triathlons set in AU verses, a story that is written in that AU can qualify for the AU Archery, or, if you would prefer, you can write an AU of that AU for the AU Archery.

@Mira_Jade Wonderful!:)I've got you all signed up for the Song!Verse and Home!Verse Pentathlons on the Star Wars side of things, and for a Tim Bradford/Lucy Chen Non-Star Wars Triathlon. And if you do decide that you can't resist some of the other ideas clamoring for attention (I know how that is[face_laugh]) just let me know, and I can add you to the index for something else as well!

And, as for myself, I've probably bitten off more than chew too, but I guess that will just have to be part of the fun for me:p

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  22. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Upon further reflection, I've decided I'm going to focus on Ben Skywalker for my EtF-verse decathlon. :D

Hopefully I'm not too rusty when it comes to this pairing. :p And hey, this will be my first time actually posting in the NSWFF forum, so that's coooool. :cool:

Yep, you're really twisting my arm here, aren't you? :p ;)

23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @ViariSkywalker Excellent! I'll put you down for a Ben Skywalker Decathlon in your EtF verse:)

24. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @devilinthedetails Thanks for the detailed answer and for hosting this :) Another question: wherever you don't specify an upper limit for the word count, do you expect that particular story to be a single entry/chapter or could it be several chapters? (Not that I expect to be that prolific, but July is far, far away so you never know!)

And yes, Eli and Vah'nya were the cutest thing in Treason :D

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Poldo? Poldo? Where???
    I'm furious at myself for not knowing that you've been writing Poldo stuff! I'll be heading over there as soon as I put Chyntuquita to bed tonight.

AzureAngel2, brodiew, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Chyntuck Another good question!:) Wherever an upper word limit isn't specified, you can make the story/entry as long as you like. You could even have multiple chapters for the same event if you would like. I would just mention at the start of each chapter what event it was written for.