main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Favorite Era in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Eike Starseeker

Eike Starseeker Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2019
    Old Republic and Banes era.
    I also like the time before the Prequels, around 50 years.
    Plagueis scheming and Qui Gons training and later Obi Wans, there are many great books for that time.

KaleeshFett likes this.
  2. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Essentially the entire Prequal era as stories from this era are basically what I grew up with. This would include tales from the Pre-TPM slice of history (basically the first half of the Republic comics and video games of the likes of Starfighter) and the underdeveloped TPM-AOTC gap, with the Bounty Hunter game being the main standout for me as a big Jango Fett fan. Then of course the great expanse of the Clone Wars conflict, which I enjoy most of the adventures set in this era from both Legends and New Canon.

Besides the Prequal ere I also really enjoy any stories set in the Dark Times period and I'm glad a lot of the upcoming Star Wars projects are being set in this era. Lastly, despite it really only having two comic runs in the era, the Legacy era brings me great joy as the first Legacy run has perhaps the strongest worldbuilding of any Star Wars comic this side of the KOTOR series.

3. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2021
    I really like the rebellion era despite how convulted it can get. Especially because I just really am a fan of Rebellion era Luke. but lately I've been finding myself enjoying the period that took place a few years or months before ANH (like the Han Solo book, TFU, etc). I find it fun to try and check how it all fits in the chronology, especially the parts related to the theft of the death star plans.

Sarge likes this.
  4. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    Based (especially your thoughts on the Legends and Canon versions of the Clone Wars).

5. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    My favorite era is the one from the Legacy comics, i love the world that Ostrander and Duursema crafted, how it truly feels like the slightly distant future of the Star Wars Universe, how it incorporates thematic and visual cues from all around the Timeline: The Old Republic, Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War and Yuuzhan Vong War eras all come together in one, and it feels like a true continuation of what is seen in NJO, on top of being a spiritual successor to Republic as well.

It also has some of the most fascinating characters (Cade Skywalker, Jariah Syn, Darth Krayt, Darth Wyyrlok III, The Fels, Antares Draco, Darth Nihl, Nat Skywalker, etc.)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Favorite EU era's in order

Prequel Era
    TOTJ ERA
    Old Republic Era (That includes Bane Trilogy)
    Bantam Era Post Endor
    Legacy
    Del-Rey Endor Era

(Legacy only is one up because at least it's still Empire vs Rebels)

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wish if Legacy Volume 2 continued or even in a hypothetical Vol 3 we got tie ins to Dawn of the Jedi and Darth Plagueis. Maybe TOR.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  8. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Yes we could have gotten a lot of great material if Vol 2 hadn't ended or Vol 3 was a thing.

Still, even without the early cancellation, Vol 2 feels rather underwhelming compared to the first series, and with a world that doesn't feel as alive, it feels like it is referencing Legacy instead of taking place in the same "world" if that makes any sense.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The OT is by far my favorite film era, and the EU books I like best are the ones most similar to those movies: Brian Daley's Han Solo adventures, and the X-wing novels.