main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends It happened a second time for the SW Olympics pentathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: It happened a second time

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: Legends: beyond
    Genre: A variety.
    Characters: Moniron characters

Time frame: 560 aby
    Summary: A compilation of stories written for my Star Wars Pentathlon focusing on my OC’s. An index of entries is found below.

1: 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

2: Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.
    A diary found again

3. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.
    The best man

4. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.
    A bachelor party or not?

5. 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.
    Married; a second time

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

Could it happen a second time?

On this same day only two years ago he had held the ceremony for his wife by placing a paper candle on the waves. He had been unable to save her. All his medical knowledge; useless. His Force-powers; no. An accident during a lesson in the Monir technical school had her fighting for her life. He had been assisiting the doctors in the med-centre.

Staying as a teacher in the Monir technical school had been a no for him. His colleagues from the school had guided him towards the new job in Monir university hospital.

He saw her in the scrub-room after an emergency.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

A diary found again

It had started for him this morning.

Jesin Fialka was humming a song. It had been the one that his beloved wife Jyselle had been singing every morning before going with him to the work in the Monir technical school. He had been encouraged to continue that morning humming after Jyselle had visited him. She was there, a Force-ghost, one with the eternity – now two years ago – when he was placing the paper candle on the waves. 'Go Jesin, you have a bright future. Sing our song. Become the healer again.'

He had done that, enrolling in a study at the Monir university hospital and doing his work there. And he was ready. He swept through the entrance of the surgery-wing and headed to the ready-room.

“Jesin, what did I tell you yesterday?” Ludo Nivrim, his old teacher, was waving with a device.

“To leave nothing in my changing cubicle.” Jesin took the device. “My diary. Aw all these entries.”

“Get changing. We have a procedure this morning. One hour and we are expected in the OR.”

Jesin entered a changing cubicle and began leafing through the diary, careful to avoid touching the buttons. It was also a recording device. 'So many entries after Master Yoda wrote the first one and gave it to me to begin my 'diary of a padawan' when I was meeting my master. I will take it home. Now changing and see what's up for me.' He placed the diary on a shelf. His bag, shirt, pants and boots went into a locker where a set of greens was ready for him. He changed in those greens and hurried after Ludo to the scrub-room.

Smiling faces in the OT behind clearplast masks had Jesin worried. 'What was up?'

Not the procedure. That was an easy one where he could display his skills.

Jesin became extremely worried when he saw Ludo and nurse Sandy Aliha leaving.

“One moment before we can go.” Anaesthetist Jan Opatosi halted Jesin.

“I can go but.”

“I too.” Jan Opatosi waited for Han Majina to take over. “Han, she is yours. Jesin has a party coming.” He grabbed Jesin by his shoulder and steered him to the exit and the scrubroom.

The door opened.

Jesin tried to avoid the barrage of wet sponges thrown by Ludo, Galin, Sandy, Mikkel and Yorani, his colleagues. He ran towards the changing room and managed to enter his changing cubicle. But closing it?

No.

“You are now a fully qualified surgeon Jesin Fialka.” Ludo grabbed his arm and deposited him in the hands of Jan Opatosi, Mikkel and Sandy.

The four began to wash Jesin thorougly. Wet sponges were flying everywhere.

Ludo ended the washing. “Congrats Jesin. And now get changing. You have a party coming in the restaurant.”

“After all of this.” Jesin sputtered. “Yes, I will be ready.” He was removing his wet green shirt when he saw what was on the floor, swimming among the wet sponges. “My diary.”
    He picked it up and sat down on a stool in the changingroom. He started to leaf through it. Entries 1 up to 66 were there, undamaged. He read.

Entry 67
    That was an emergency in the hospital and work for me.
    Ah yes I will continue with the important events.
    Jono went with Steve Magaron in a police speeder to the darrin-valley after Peter contacted Jono about some old artifacts. Steve was severely injured and Jono was seduced by Mokovic. Jono left with Mokovic and her sniper-buddy and Steve was left to die but was rescued by us.
    The women took the transport and escaped. And no I don’t know what happened to them.

'Where is the rest?'
    More was unreadable and even more was deleted.
    A single sentence of entry 289 remained and was following entry 67. He read. 'The Jedi are still staying on Coruscant and fighting against Sith. Master Joy is one of the names I have heard years ago and…'

“Entries 290 and the rest are gone. And what's left for me? A single flimsy. I will keep that for writing the end. Entry 68 it will be. That way it is a complete book.”

He was about to enter his changing cubicle and halted when the door opened. There she was. He had never seen her but he knew when she turned with big smiling eyes.

“You are Jesin Fialka. Yes!” She ran to him and embraced him. “I am Elvira Kendaron. You and I...”

“We are meant for each other.” Jesin felt the bond forming. It was happening a second time. “WOW.”

“You are wet Jesin. Get changing. I will be waiting for you in the restaurant.”

“Yes go and Ludo and the naughty Jesin-Fialka-washing-gang is in for a big surprise.”

Jesin entered the changing cubicle, clutching his diary in his left hand. He changed in shirt, pants and boots and took a pencil from his bag. 'Now the last entry. He started to write on the flimsy.
    Entry 68
    No more diary-writing or recording for me. The recording device was damaged beyond repair and the remaining flimsies met with the scrubroom disaster named surgeons and nurses in for some Jesin Fialka washing. That way I have only this page of flimsy to write on. I will keep it short and it will be the end. But I don’t mind.
    Entry 67 ended when I was called for another emergency and something happened when I was in the changing-room after the emergency.
    I met doctor Elvira Kendaron. We are in love. We will marry.
    I will be too busy with her to begin another diary.
    FIN

Jesin placed his diary and pencil in the bag and rushed to the exit. He had a surprise for his colleagues. A big one and he knew who he would ask to be his best man.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

The best man

Jesin had contacted Halfir Majeski telling him about his new found love and asking him to be his best man and it came as no surprise when Halfir had said that he knew and would come as soon as possible.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and amidalachick like this.
  4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Loving this so far! A great mix of emotions, from sadness over the loss of his wife to the humor of the washing (although not so funny for Jesin, I think :p) to the happiness of meeting a new love.

This is such a beautiful line!

Great job!

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Everything @amidalachick said. This starts out so sad and melancholy in the first entry, but then, well, it happens a second time, doesn't it? I've read a bit about your characters from Moniron in the past and if I understand this correctly there is always an element of a Force bond at work between them. Also, the washing-the-new-surgeon scene was priceless [face_laugh]

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    It does happen again, doesn't it? Beautifully written. :)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you. There is more fun to follow
    Dunai elder have the Force bonding them when they meet. Jesin will meet more fun
    It does after the next part.

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

A bachelor party or not?

Jesin was nervous when he entered the university hospital. With his marriage to Elvira Kendaron tomorrow he was fully expecting a bachelor party. A greeting at the entrance hinted at nothing. Entering the ready-room of the surgery-wing; no one there but all the changing cubicles closed except one. Already scrubbing?

He entered the changing cubicle and knew. A clearplast package was showing bright yellow scrubs. On the floor were two red cloggs.

He donned the scrubs and cloggs and...

Was greeted by his colleagues with 'Now you are ready for some fun.'

He was guided outside to a waiting transport.

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Can't wait to see what happens next!

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, this was a very fun entry! I don't blame Jesin for being nervous, but I'm sure it will turn out to be a good time! Can't wait for more. :D

10. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Hehe. They may be Dunai elders but they're a team of very young pranksters at heart :D

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It ends with ...
    very good
    elders yes but always in for some fun

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

Married; a second time

'Ludo, Jan, Han, Galin, Sandy, Mikkel and Yorani, my colleagues had taken me to a restaurant where no one commented on my yellow appearance. And it continued all day with visits to a kindergarten, another restaurant and ending on the beach in the evening. There I had heard the funny comment. From Jyselle, one with the eternity and visible for me, Ludo, Jan, Han, Galin and Yorani, all Dunai elder like me.

I – usually a talking waterfall – had been speechless, just as I had been when I met Jyselle for the first time. 431 years ago I had been with Halfir Majeski on a trip to the Monir technical school and had met her and had married her.'

A soft tap with a walking stick.

Jesin opened his eyes briefly to see grey hair and a wrinkled face. 'Transported back in time? The Jedi-crèche?'

A tip tapping sound.

“Master Yoda?”

“No it's me your friend and best man Halfir Majeski.”

“Do or don't there is no try. I know master Majeski.”

“Jesin get dressed.”

“Uh Halfir.” Jesin opened his eyes fully to see Halfir with a walking stick. He had after waking up been savouring the funny moments from his bachelor party ending with Jyselle beaming with joy. “You already here.”

“Yes and Mikja and my sister Halla.” Halfir indicated the shirt and pants on the chair. “They will be driving us to the beachpark for the ceremony. Do you have your song ready?”

“I do.” Jesin swung the covers aside, sat up and headed to his fresher. He dressed and went with Halfir outside to greet Halfir's wife Mikja and his sister.

Jesin was sitting on a husan after helping Halfir mounting his husan and waiting for the signal.

A soft whistle.

Jesin and Halfir rode through the lane towards the beach.

Jesin was awed, speechless when he saw his many friends but he regained his voice when he saw her, waiting for him and mounted on a husan just like her father and mother.

“Come forward Jesin Fialka.”

“I saw you in the scrub-room, shining skin, soft like a peach, big smiling eyes.” Jesin moved his husan next to her, facing her.

“I knew I was meant for you Jesin.” Elvira turned to him.

“Elvira come to me.” And drawing her closer he kissed her.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    When it's right, it's right. Lovely couple and a beautiful story.=D=

13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Besides the story itself what I really enjoyed in these snippets was the little elements of world-building – how the Dunai elders are linked to the Jedi, the bond they form, the ceremony on the beach and the husan (which, incidentally, is very close to the word "horse" in Arabic, is that a coincidence?) I definitely need to go and read more of your stories about this species; I know that you have written at great length about them and it really shows in how naturally all those elements are integrated in the stories here.

Congrats on completing the pentathlon!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Husan is indeed from the Arabic. They resemble Arabians

15. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats on finishing! And what a beautiful ending this was! Like @Chyntuck, I really like the world-building details. And the beach ceremony with the husan, and the kiss at the end - just lovely. [face_love]=D=

Kahara, AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, I wish I had so much time, health and opportunity for writing at present. I am even more glad for you now. Hup, Holland, hup! [face_party]

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I had to write him again with a new found love
    It's quite a world I have been building over the years for all my characters.
    Hup AzureAngel 2 Hup with your writing and even more important your surgery and health

Kahara likes this.