main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests RPF 2021 Awards Ceremony- Finale

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by QueenSabe7, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Look, it was Samhain who poisoned 1/3 of the cast of Selenia.

Not me.

I'm the presenter!

Entirely separate entity.

No relation.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    In your dreams. Every Character we all control is a piece of us, we all know that.

Ameteth, Sinrebirth , Sarge and 2 others like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    There was a long break on the presentation stage as the assembled crowd was given a moment to regain control of their emotions following the award for Most Heartbreaking Death. The moment though seemed to drag on and on...and on, before two beings, a zabrak and a human, both male, both in black and white tuxedo's finally took to the stage.

The human had a bounce to his step, clearly enjoying the applause they received while the Zabrak appeared not only uncomfortable with the attention but with his ensemble as well. "Hello everyone," the Zabrak began. "So very nice..."

"And unexpected," the human chimed in.

"... to be here at the RPF awards." There was applause and cheering "I'm Randy and this is Justin, we host a sports talks wave show out on Mandalore..."

A few cheers of "oya, oya, oya" could be heard from the back of the room.

"...but we're here today to announce our next award, the Most Entertaining Duo/Group."

"Hey wait a second."

"Yeah Justin?"

"How did we not get even nominated for this?"

"Because you're not very funny."

"Yeah...that's fair."

"So with further ado, here are this season's nominees..."

"Blueline, Casey and Zephyr as portrayed by @galactic-vagabond422 and @Ameteth ..."

"The entire cast of Black Sheep Squadron..."

"That's a bit general isn't it?

"Just read the card."

"I mean the whole group? At least pick just a couple of them."

"Never mind, I'll do it....and Riki & Tiki as portrayed by @Sarge ...in Black Sheep Squadron."

"Yeah, like that!"

"This is why I wished I worked alone," Randy said with a frown.

"That face is why you work on the wave and not the holo."

"Enough you two!" came the disembodied voice of reason, Liz. "Get on with it!"

"Oh right, and the winner is..."

Blueline, Casey and Zephyr (Marvel Heroes) by galactic-vagabond422 and Ameteth!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    applauds

And congrats to @greyjedi125 to his game getting a call out in the Awards!

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_devil] That's the way it always goes. The big-budget superhero blockbusters get all the critical acclaim and gushing praise, while the true artists get passed over. Typical. [face_bleh]

Congratulations, @galactic-vagabond422 and @Ameteth !

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delphina blinked at the outfits worn by the winners. They were very...form fitting. Granny would by appalled. But she applauded and cheered. She waved off the waiter with the champagne; she was definitely a bit squiffy.

7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    The trio come to the stage, Casey literally dragging Blue behind her as the stepped up to the stage, taking the award. She looked up her eyes clearly shining with tears. She opened her mouth to speak but, couldn't find the words. Holding up the award she looked out to the crowd, then to Zephyr pulling him into a hug. Blue stood behind the pair just staring off into the myriad beings watching them. Casey eventually let go turning back to the podium.

"Um..." She made a noise somewhere between a laugh and a scoff... "Ah This was unexpected. I don't think..." she turned to Zephyr. "I don't think any of us expected this. I'm just blown away, I...I didn't expect people to find us so entertaining. We're just three kids in NYC doing our best, headed up by a grump of a leader." She poked Blue with the point of her elbow. "I'm so shocked and amazed that others care about our story. That they find some sympathy with our struggles. I can only hope that you'll continue to support us..."

Zephyr bowed deeply and repeatedly, his dark lashes glittering from moistened eyes, his face taking a bright pink hue as his humility made it awkward for him to rationalize being in the spotlight like this, yet his happiness and gratitude was clearly etched on his countenance.

"Thanks again everyone...this really means a lot..."

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @galactic-vagabond422 , @Ameteth

W00 H00!! Congrats to you both, well deserved. It's an honor to experience the journey your characters are taking us through. Can't wait to see where it all leads going forward.

Three Cheers for RP Excellence!

=D=[face_dancing][face_party]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
  11. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Thank you all for being so encouraging and having events like this one where everyone gathers to show appreciation to the many wonderful stories told herein.
    You all are an amazing community and I feel very fortunate to have been invited to partake of this mindscape.
    Thank you @greyjedi125 for providing a lush playground full of perils and thrills and also thanks goes to @galactic-vagabond422 for providing such galvanizing characters that make every moment feel like there's dynamite about to explode somewhere in the room, can't get enough of Blue and Casey.
    You all rock and I must get to as many stories and journeys this beautiful tapestry has to offer, I thank YOU all from the bottom of my creative heart.
    [face_blush][:D]:cool:

12. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    A singular yellow figure enters onto the stage, it's being covered head to foot in a yellow robe. Its face hidden from view with further clothing. A small writhing of tentacles below that seemed to flow from its robe. It stands aloft a moment of silence as it then begins to speak.

[​IMG]
    "Greetings noble beings," its voice was harsh and seemed to have an effect where it echoed with itself as if multiple people were speaking with the same voice but only with different pitches.

"It is my humble duty to announce the winner for the category Most Unsavory Character,"

A pause as a scroll floated before the figure, its head tilting towards it as if it was somehow reading it, despite no visible eyes reading the scroll.

"The three nominees are as follows..."

"Molded and charactersized by politics, a Sith of intrigue, cunning and guile. Their machinations have built empires and brought them power undreamt of in countless lives across time and space, building a lineage in not just one time, but many. It is none other than Aryan Graul."​

[​IMG]
    Aryan Graul, played by @HanSolo29
    "The second is that of a being that appears to reoccur in the grand vast, web like network that connects the Universe known as the RPF. He has been a god and man. He has affected countless worlds with his own agenda, one that brings him in ceaseless conflict with those that he encounters. The man with a thousand names, The Master of Masters."​

[​IMG]
    The Master of Masters, played by @Sinrebirth

"And finally but certainly not least we have the man not from space, but lives and breaths in a single world. A master of the Fire Nation, the one that wields the Red Dragon Sword. A man that stands in ever louder opposition to his home nation of Fire, and perhaps in time he will aid in the freedom of those under the dominion of Ash and Soot. None other than Xian Nin."

[​IMG]
    Xian Nin played by @greyjedi125
    "And now to discover who has won," a moment more passes as a final scroll hovers before the being. A pregnant pause as it now speaks aloud.

"Congratulations to The Master of Masters as played by @Sinrebirth"

Applause thunders from around the stage as the yellow creature now looks to the man in question.

"Do you have anything you wish to speak to your fans?"

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Congratulations @Sinrebirth

Wapoe would be/ is proud. :p

It's the multiversal appearances for me. Offline I have characters that do exactly that- and it's an absolute treat to see that concept executed so masterfully here. :-B

The Creativity is Strong with this one! :vader: ^:)^

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

“Well, well,” the Master of Masters says as he steps to the stage, his hands tucked behind his back. “Who else could it be? Only me,” he brings both his hands to his chin and drops to his knees, his voice pained and dramatic, “only the most misunderstood of all the protagonists of the Role Playing Forum.”

He returns to his feet swiftly and snatches his award and the microphone. “But enough about me! Can you give me a ‘boo!’ as such a horrible villain!”

The Master of Masters applauded himself.

“I’m sure you’ll look forward to my latest, and greatest conceit. The Epitaph Conundrum will be revealed and resolved, and the Wheel will finally be broken!” His tone grew more sinister and deeper, and his hand squeezed into a fist. “And the world will be destroyed!”

[​IMG]

The entire room darkened and the drink glasses rumbled.

“Just kidding,” his demeanour immediately reversed, and he skipped to the edge of the stage. He lifted his free hand and met his finger and thumb. “I’m sure you can read my true intentions from this… Spoiler.”

With a snap of his fingers, the tune changes, and he vanished.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    In one corner of the audience a flaming sword reignites. Morrigan stroked the edge as she watched the man preen and dissemble on stage, with a barely concealed expression of fury. As she did mists begin to roil out from beneath her seat.

Turning to the ring of security genies surrounding her and her companions one sculpted eyebrow rose, "Are you sure you won't allow me to kill him, after that?"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_devil] Ugh. What an ego. [face_shame_on_you]

Congrats, @Sinrebirth ... I guess...

17. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Waiting backstage, Ahsoka’s mouth was salivating as she watched the caterers load up the serving trolleys. Plates and platters displayed a variety of sweet and savoury goodies. A variety of tarts - berry, citron, chocolate, custard and more. An assortment of biscuits... macaroons and macarons... there’s baklava too! Oh, the eclairs and other masterpieces made of choux pastry surrounded a towering, toffee-coated croquembouche... so masterfully done.

A Genie stepped out, dressed as a Maître D’, clapped his hands to get the attention of the other caterers. “Chop chop, this goes out after the next presentation. This isn’t France so remind the tableware not to sing or dance.”

The applause beyond the stage rose and Ahsoka was ushered up to position for the hand off.

Ahsoka caught her breath as she peek from the back stage curtain. There was a lot of spotlights. She closed her eyes and centred her breathing. Her hand cupped the mid-length of her right lek. Focus. It will be fine.

She smiled to the yellow robed figure as its tentacles carried it off stage. Then soon passed a black hooded figure, the award winning Master of Masters.

“Congratulations on your award.” She said and smiled to him.

A Stagehand ushered her to go one. Ahsoka nodded.
    Tilt head. Keep back straight. Good posture.
    This was it.

She stepped out onto the stage and made her way to the podium. The sway of her lekku felt noticeable. The blue hues of her gown shimmered as she moved. Her headdress sparkled under the spotlights.

[​IMG]

Even steps, just breathe. She reminded herself.

She pushed that self conscious feeling aside as she had reached the microphone.

“It is a great honour to stand here before you all and to give one of these prestigious awards to a member of the community for the ‘Most Likeable Original or Canon Character’. Whether you are a charismatic rogue with a heart of gold... or a genuinely good person that acts with kindness and respect... whatever it is you have, it draws people in... they connect with you and they enjoy being in your company. There’s quite a lot of you out there that fits that perfectly to a ‘T’.” She gave a warm smile. “And so your peers and colleagues feel the same way and nominated a few of you for the award.”

She allowed a brief pause.

“The nominees are...Finnefrael Ordwgal, newest member of the Black Sheep... (by @darthbernael )”
    She smiled in the direction of the Black Sheep as his image came up on the display.
    [​IMG]

Zara Chrischa, of the Black Squadron (by @Adalia-Durron )”
    Ahsoka’s gaze shifted to the Black Squadron and inclined her head at the purple Twi’lek.
    [​IMG]

“and Zephyr Vailancourt, also known as Psion (by @Ameteth )”
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka paused as the room applauded the nominees.

An envelope was handed to her. She opened the seal but held off pulling out the note.
    “If I had my way, I would award all of you though unfortunately there only be one...”

She pulled out the note and read it before saying out loud.
    “The winner of the Most Likeable Original or Canon Character is....”

She bit her bottom lip and crinkled her nose.

“Zephyr Vailancourt! (Ameteth)” Ahsoka announced and showed a beaming smile.

The orchestra started up with the Marvel Heroes Theme:

Ahsoka slide the note back into the envelope and tucked it under her arm to applaud along with the audience.

“Congratulations! Come on up...” She waved for them to come up and as she stood back from the microphone, ready to give them their award along with a half hug and peck on the cheek.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Congratulations @Ameteth ! Well done.

19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Many congratulations @Ameteth , now we know that good guys do win!! Well deserved.

:)

Sent from Dagobah System

21. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    The music played for a few notes before Zephyr registered that it was he who was being summoned to accept the award.

His heart skipped a beat and his face reddened as he blushed deeply for being in the ‘spotlight’, this was completely unexpected; the plan was to attend, applaud, have fun and leave, winning was definitely not something he was prepared for.

Not only that, but the award was being presented by the legendary and strikingly beautiful Ahsoka herself! His lonely and sequestered upbringing afforded him very little in the ways of social events, but one thing he did have was good manners, so dallying in confusion was not an option.

Smiling affably and nodding respectfully to any who would express felicitations, Zephyr made his way to the beautiful presenter with due haste. Still blushing he received Ahsoka’s greeting barely containing his admiration for the living legend.

“ I dedicate this award to all of you who strive to make the world a better place, tonight we are all winners, thank you and Light be with you.”

Still dazed by incredulity, the raven haired meta would rush back to his seat, seeking the ‘reality-check’ that only his teammates could provide, this was probably one of the few times that he would welcome a snide remark from Blue or a sisterly jab from Casey, this award winning stuff was just too intense.

22. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    @Ameteth

Blue stood up to let his partner in crime fighting to pass by him...though it took a moment for Zephyr to process what was happening, leaving the bandanna hero left standing, waiting. Casey took his hand giving him a beaming smile, so happy so proud that they're little team was being showered with accolades this night. First there was that odd moment with all those other people she thought she might have recognized but, couldn't place, then winning best team, and now this...it was amazing, and heartwarming. Someone out there was watching.

As he finally took to the stage she could see he was a little bewildered, confused, she was half out of her chair when he finally started to talk. It was short, and sweet, but she couldn't help standing and cheering, even if she was the only one doing so. Her greatest friend was being recognized, it was the best feeling in the world.

Blue for his part couldn't stop himself from watching the other people in the audience. Watchful for any threat...even here. When there was applause he joined in, giving Zephyr a simple nod as the other man looked out to the crowd.

"Really cleaning up here huh..." Casey whispered to Zephyr when he hastily returned to his seat...

"Uh huh...Likeable..." Blue looked to him, his eyes wrinkling just a little. "I guess you're alright."

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Is now regretting not doing her congrats as Zara :p

EDIT : Knows she can still do it and ropes in her counterpart in the loss

EDIT TWO:

Zara
    waited with anticipation, fingers crossed for the award. She knew she had little or no hope of winning it, but, it would be nice. It was also nice to be even noticed or nominated, so she was pleased by that.

When it was announced she put that smile you see on all nominees faces when they don't win. She was happy for the winner but if she was honest with herself, she was disappointed as well. Continuing to smile she leaned to her husbands Uncle, and her employer, who'd also been nominated for his participation in the Rebellion, "better luck next time Boss." she muttered. Zara then stood. "Congratulations Zephyr, well won and earned."

Finnefrael had found himself in the odd position of having been nominated for an award. Most of what he did and his work was kept more to the shadows but this was an interesting experience. He was surrounded by all manner of beings, some of whom, in years past he would have been on the opposite side from, in the war.

Shaking his head and returning his attention to the stage, he listened as the award both he and his third in command were nominated for. When he heard he had not won it was almost a relief as he wouldn't have to go on stage to accept it. When Zara spoke up he chuckled, "They'll love you more than me, Zara. I'm good with that." He then joined her in standing, clapping, "Well done Zephyr, a hero's work is never done."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    “Why, thank you, Fræl!” Zephyr Trillo said to Finnefrael and she stood up.

Cassell placed a hand over the Nosaurian’s to prevent her from leaving the table. “And where do you think you’re going?”

“I won! I got to collect my trophy!” Zephyr pulled her hand away.

“That’s not you. You weren’t even nominated for anything. Just clap your hands and congratulate the man.”

“Sure, while I’m over there, I’ll bring back something shiny. That trophy has my name on it. Pussycat,” She looked to Amber. “You’ll be my distraction-“

“Don’t you dare.” Cassell hissed. “It is bad form. Want me to bring over security?”

“Yes Warden, whatever you say. Warden.” Zephyr grumbled as she sat back down and crossed her arms. “Party pooper.”

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahsoka went back to her table after presenting. She gave a few smiles and waves to those who greeted or recognised her. As she sat down, the dessert carts started rolling out to the tables. She kept her eyes on certain ones, hoping the one of the ones she wanted would be still there by the time it came her way.

Up on stage, the Genie, dressed as the conductor appeared.

“Ladies and gentlebeings, we have the Theed Symphony Orchestra back... this time they will be playing the theme to the ELO... sorry, ELL. Elite League Limmie... we have guest performers for this piece.”

After the applause. The conductor turned and bowed.

~CO Note~

Special Thanks to @Trieste for selecting the theme for the Elite League Limmie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.