main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC You know you feel old when...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    My 20 year HS reunion is this year too. I'm not going because the half dozen people I'd actually want to see again aren't going either. Also it's 3 1/2hr drive one way, I'm not taking time off work to be around people I didn't like 20+ years ago (and probably don't even remember me) talk about their kids and how great their lives are ect ect.

Edit- @Sarge I'm also a stickler and will refer to anything before 2001 as "last century"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Darth_Foo, yeah, sometimes people ask me how much trouble I've gotten into driving my Mustang, and I tell them proudly that I haven't gotten a ticket this century.

4. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    1. Past few times at the pool I've not gone to the pool but to the hot water jacuzzi area to sit in to help my body relax as I'm sore.

2. Mountain Dew. I used to really like it but today it tasted too...salty. Like I actually disliked it. It's been that way past few times. Think it means I've gotten too old.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    When you pull something in you shoulder putting a towel around youself after a shower... ouch

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I belong to a C-130 FB group, which usually has a lot of old people telling stories about flying the 130 in Vietnam, plus a few youngsters like me who flew it in Iraq and Afghanistan. Today, a guy shared some pics of a 9/11 remembrance ceremony yesterday where he was a copilot in a 130 flyby over the ceremony. Which was totally fine. Right up until he mentioned that on 9/11 he was in third grade.

7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I hurt my foot the other day.

Just standing still.

Doing nothing.

Mistress_Renata and Sarge like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  9. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    You were doing something: standing.

Trust me, I know this feeling

Heck you could be laying down and same thing happens

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sitting has become an extreme sports lately

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When Hank Hill and his friends don't look that much older than you.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have coworkers who were born after I started teaching.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Your favorite movie turns 30 next year and you were ten when you first saw it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  15. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    l'm 50+, my mom STILL does it!

PCCViking and Sarge like this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't really remember Mom doing that. If Dad was driving we kids were in the back seat.

17. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Just had a second generation Fantasy Baseball League Champion. He was 2 months old when we started the league.

Now he has as many championships as his father. HA!

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Tang Lung

Tang Lung Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2013
    Locklear and Jim Cornette too

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Except Jim Cornette always looked like he was late thirties/Fourties.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  21. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    A younger colleague jumped over some fencing. Without thinking, I said “That’s how you pull a muscle”. Another colleague replied, “Yeah, us old boys will step over. That’s the sensible way”. After that, we both had a nice cup of tea.

Runjedirun, Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Kids ask you what VHS is.

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My older son will turn 18 in a few months. He will register for selective service and become eligible to vote.

He's not even CLOSE to being ready for that level of responsibility.

The good news is that my child support will get slashed in half and I can buy another motorcycle.

24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Juliet316 True that as in a way he never really aged. Kind of like Steve Martin since his hair went so grey/white when he was so young. He always looked older then he actually was so in the end I guess it always evens out.

@Sarge 90% of the time yes though there were insistences where you teepee someone's house that isn't an enemy. My house got teepee for homecoming football every year along with when we went to state my senior year. So that was one insistence where you teepee someone's house that wasn't an enemy unless the cheerleaders who did it really hated me. They might have I will never know. :)

@PCCViking I tried explaining to my kids the other day what a car window crank was. They look at me like I was an alien.

@Mortimer Snerd To be fair to your son for a moment, I think most of us are in that boat. Certainly when I was 18 I wasn't ready for that type of responsibility. Girls (girlfriend), sports (football, lacrosse, lifting weights), my friends and my car were about the things I really care about when I was 18 and really paid attention to (guess you can put movies and music in there as well). Everything else (school, part time job, etc) were things I just had to do therefore once they were done I never gave them another thought. About the only thing that I gave any real effort or thought that had some responsibility to it (besides sports) was the school newspaper. So I look back at being 18 with the power to vote, buy tobacco, be eligible for the draft etc and go "no way was I ready for any of that!"

25. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I just realized that next March will mark 18 years I've been on these boards. That also makes me feel old.