main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    And got it in! Hooray for entry number two! :D

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A second, unofficial entry from me. This time a Zuko/Mai piece written for the Avatar: The Last Airbender fandom.

Fair warning that it got a bit more angst than my official entry for this challenge because apparently the Seven Deadly Sins not only inspire my muse but inspire a certain amount of guilt and angst in me.

Without further ado, I present:

Sins of the Fire Nation

3. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Excellent! Got it in in its own out-of-competition section of the index. :) And yes, this is an angsty group of prompts this time around, I know!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I don't know if it really counts as an entry but I wrote a few more sentences. :p It Ain't No Sin, Stranger Things single-sentence stories with various pairings.

I also keep thinking these prompts would be perfect for some good old A/P angst! Thank you as always for running these challenges. [:D]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    pronker and Findswoman like this.
  6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got them both in the index! We're up to four, now. :cool:

@earlybird-obi-wan, a quick question for you: could you please clarify for me who the main pairing in your story is? I currently have it listed as "various characters and pairings" and if that's accurate, I can keep it, but if the focus is on one particular couple, I am glad to highlight that.

amidalachick and pronker like this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty! My muse has been hit or miss for the last month or so, but I was finally able to sit down and write something small - a oneshot, ha! - for this challenge in my NSWFF ficlet collection. I May Be Dreaming Awake features Erik and Christine Daaé in the Phantom of the Opera fandom, using the sins gluttony, greed, and envy. [face_love] [face_mischief]

8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Always happy to see a new entry. Got it in the index now! :)

9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    OK, everyone, two weeks left on Challenge #21! Stories due September 12! :)

10. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  11. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, thanks so much! Got it in the index now. :) I hope I have the couple listed right: it’s Skipper and Marlene, right?

12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Yup! :)

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I WROTE SOMETHING FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!! (Sorry, just so excited I was able to write something).

Wrath of Rose

It's West Wing but no knowledge of the fandom or the OCs is really needed.

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Woohoo! Got it in—thanks so much for sharing! :)

15. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hey, everyone! Me again, reminding you that we now have one (1) week left in OTP Challenge #21 before stories come due on next Sunday, September 12! :)

16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Part of me wants to write a Namia fic for this but that isn’t really fair as Namia doesn’t have true love but rather 54 of them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    OK, last day to get your stories in for the challenge, everyone! A little over 19 hours left, as of this post. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All right, everyone, it's time to VOTE! And look—how cool is it that we have seven awesome stories up for voting in our Seven Deadly Sins Challenge! Check them out:

Seven Fatal Flaws by devilinthedetails (with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi)
    Can Love Be a Sin? by Anedon (with OCs 'Kat'arina Ricter and E'Liz'abeth Barton)
    Sins Leading to Justice by earlybird-obi-wan (with various characters and pairings)
    It Ain't No Sin by amidalachick (NSWFF: Stranger Things, with various characters and pairings)
    I May Be Dreaming Awake by Mira_Jade (NSWFF: The Phantom of the Opera, with Erik and Christine Daaé)
    Operation: Envy by pronker (NSWFF: Penguins of Madagascar, with Marlene and Skipper)
    Wrath of Rose by Briannakin (NSWFF: West Wing, with OCs Elvie and Rose Santos)

Sins of the Fire Nation by devilinthedetails (NSWFF: Avatar: The Last Airbender, with Zuko and Mai)

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm (23:59) PST on Monday, September 27. (That’s about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or out of competition, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about Tuesday, September 28 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting! :)

pronker, Kahara, amidalachick and 3 others like this.
  20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    One week left, everyone! Send in your votes! :D

21. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now just three (3) days left! Get ’em in, good people! :D

22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today is the last day! Any more to come? :D

23. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty, everyone, the votes are in! And guess what—we've got a two-way tie! [face_party] Congratulations to our two winners:

And thanks tons to all who participated and made this yet another awesome OTP challenge! =D=

New challenge incoming a little later today—so there's time just in case anyone wants to add it to their WIPtober goals! :D

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 4 others like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb!!! =D= Congratulations to both @};-

Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 4 others like this.
  25. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Kahara, amidalachick, pronker and 5 others like this.