main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It was available for everyone except you.

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Always been a thing.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    ARE YOU SURE?! :p

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep, always been a thing. I have used it many, many times over the years when trying to locate a specific historical post in a 300+ page RPG thread.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure that search feature came in when we switched to Xenforo. I don't recall it on IGN but then it's been awhile since those days.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. jefferis peterson

jefferis peterson Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2021
    How do you put in a Spoiler button to hide the next content? Did a quick search but couldn't find an answer.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Go to our Help section and see the part on BB Codes for the syntax. Note that if you give the spoiler a title it won't work on some devices.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The search this thread only works for 200 posts but if you have more than 200 posts it won’t track those in the thread

9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    well if you can't find what you want looking through two hundred search results, you're pretty much stuffed. Or try narrowing the search.

unless you meant that it only shows results up to the first 200 posts in a thread, which is incorrect :p

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can always use Google for a search of forums that are visible to the public. (It won't work for private forums like our mod one). To do that, enter your search criteria followed by 'site:boards.theforce.net'. (Leave the quotes off).
    For example, to search for Alderaan, enter Alderaan site:boards.theforce.net . Note that the site criteria has to be entered exactly like that - any spaces and it won't work. This works with any site - not just us.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  12. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Thanks JKF.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just gonna try something seeing if I can trouble shoot this for you

Have you tried pressing the big A and seeing if that changes the font for you? Or will the font change back.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Getting a certificate error on Chrome and the native Samsung browsers.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I ran a couple of SSL tests on boards.theforce.net. According to the tests I ran, the server is not serving the intermediate certificate Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2 directly, but instead is expecting the browser to automatically fetch it from another server. However, for security reasons, not all browsers do this, and it's incorrect installation anyway. The server admin should install the entire certificate chain, not just one certificate, so the entire chain is served directly by the boards.theforce.net server without requiring anything to be fetched separately.

Bravo and DarthIshyZ like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Thank you. Is this a fix we have to do? Or are you guys going to fix it?

Bravo likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That's something only the server admin can fix. Nothing ordinary users can do, other than try a different browser. (I'm not having any issues with Firefox on Windows 11.)

Bravo and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    How do you edit the thread title? I made a spelling error, and need to correct it.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure only mods can do that. Give me a link to the thread and I'll fix it.

BlueYogurt likes this.
  20. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Umm, I have no idea how to give you a link, but it's the thread in the PT forum titled; Why is there breathable air on Seperatist ships? The error being Seperatist (proper spelling; Separatist).

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Fixed!

BlueYogurt likes this.
  22. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Thank you.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No problem!

24. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    @LAJ_FETT, I've got a question for you. I woke this morning and my phone, a moto g(8), and through Chrome on it, I keep getting the security certificate error for the JCF. However, using Chrome on my laptop it works just fine, no certificate error. Do you have any advice?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Did your phone update Chrome to a new version? (Note that my mobile is a dumb one, not a smartphone and I don't use Chrome). Maybe the security settings are different on each device. (Any Chrome users feel free to chime in..)

DarthIshyZ and Nehru_Amidala like this.