main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Could not get to that article without a subscription.

3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Can’t wait to hear about it. I need to know more before I decide what “character” I’ll be

4. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Years ago ,at a small convention in S.Calif. there was a person who had a "head covering-mask" that would make you think now a days that they were emulating the virus! I have a picture of the "helmet-head covering", I have no idea who the character was they were trying to be, but today, people would be afraid! I'm still trying to figure out how they could see through it, What was it made of? a bunch of foam cups glued onto some sort of hat, the cup openings outward. the whole get up was covered! the most unusual headpiece I've seen.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hayden photos at NYCC:

Padme501st and JonSB like this.
  6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    That is so excellent! I do see that partition. yeah! no masks for the picture! you are lucky.

7. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I've been seeing a lot of stories on social media about how nice he was with the fans. Always cool to hear that.

darthvader88 likes this.
  8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It seems like NYCC was a success from what I've seen online. That's great news for May.

9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    From what I hear, most people enjoyed the smaller crowds in that they actually got to move around and enjoy things. Cosplay wasn't too bad, or limited..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BrentC007 likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    im split on the potential for a smaller Star Wars Celebration. On one hand, it would be great to get into every major panel without needing a lottery; on the other hand, I don’t want Celebration to feel smaller than it’s been since I started attending (Celebration 2015). It may ultimately depend on whether additional tickets are sold and how many tickets were returned earlier this year.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I definitely don't want smaller Celebrations in the future because it will just be that much harder to get a ticket. If it's smaller this year though, I won't complain about improved lottery odds.

I feel like they're waiting to see how this winter goes before making a final decision on capacity for May.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  12. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I agree.

So once they make that decision, when do you think they'll possibly start to sell the returned tickets they have? February? March?

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think NYCC did tickets in July, so that would be February if they use a similar time frame.

BrentC007 likes this.
  14. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    My friend still says I can have his extra 4 day ticket, so that takes care of tickets..

Anybody book their airfare yet?

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Not yet, prices from the UK are high at the moment with US set to reopen next month so I'll have to wait a bit for prices to come down.

darthvader88 likes this.
  16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I paid in august like $476.00 for a flight from RDU in NC to LAX ( 5 Hour Direct Flight) from May 22nd to May 30th. If I was to book now. I would be paying like $700 now and rising, and possibly more if I fly into John Wayne Airport..

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm officially out, my brother is getting married that weekend now. Just cancelled my hotel reservation at the Sheraton Park. My tickets are going to a 501st mate who didn't get tickets at first. It's a bummer but the wedding is in St. Maarten so I guess I'm going to have fun one way or the other.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Sad about you missing Celebration, but as you say you are probably going to have a lot of fun anyway.

The local Medieval Fair has announced that it will be on the Celebration weekend, so I will have something to occupy myself with and not only be sad that I'm not in LA.

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  19. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    if we can help you get merch let us know!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Thanks, if I see something that tickles my fancy I just may do that.

Jedi Knight Bane and Padme501st like this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry you won't be there @Rox but hope you have a great time at your brother's wedding.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Why couldn't it have been @ChrisLyne's brother getting married?

Padme501st likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Because I don't have a brother :p

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  24. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I know some people are going to be happy, but Rhode Island Comic Con on facebook has reported that some of the actors appearing have requested no Plexiglass. They aren't finished yet, but if you go to purchase photo ops, and there is a NP beside their name, that means no Plexiglass, if I am not mistaken

25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Very interesting
    Fanboy Expo had cancelled all their shows this fall after Orlando and was focusing on Knoxville saying that Knoxville was giving them more leeway in terms of regulations but I noticed on their site today that they are requiring face masks now, for which I'm thankful

star_wars_is_good and JonSB like this.