main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Diary of an investigator DDC 2021 half year challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 16

Yesterday we had the trip to Haradan.

Today Sil Melikas and Jon Warren came with the truck loaded with small plastbins.

We were storing them in the corvette when we were startled by sirens blaring everywhere. We went outside and saw black clouds billowing into the sky and a fire-truck passing the hangar.

Slojuk contacted me and told me to have the corvette ready to depart.

Melikas and Padoffi came with another load of small plastbins in the evening.

I overheard their conversation because I was busy in the cockpit programming the astro-droid and put my diary on record.

Click

Wismer wanted her hangar destroyed because the authorities were busy with a warrant to close it and she contacted our boss.”

He set the operation into motion. Now I could use more things found in the Corvette.

Your battle-droid was programmed to perfection with my voice commands to the droid-brain when the YT-1300 freighter Kerebuy Hawk declared an emergency.”

The droid steered the truck with the volatile materials to collide with the freighter and barreled towards hangar 57 setting it on fire because it was filled with our volatile plastbins.”

Wismer got arrested by the Noranan police when she tried to run away.”

No worries my love. She will be dead before she reveals too much when she calls her lawyer Shenovic. My nano-droids ingested by him and her will cause her to have a heart-attack. I spiked Shenovic's drink with messenger-nano-droids that will self-destruct when they meet Wismer's nano-droids. The son of our boss presented Wismer with a very expensive wine when he sealed the contract to destruct her hangar. She drank and was infected.”

And the droid? And our volatile plastbins? If they trace that to our boss?”

We will be gone. Amos has one desire and that's leaving and joining Black Sun.”

Following in the footsteps of his grandfather. Come let's head back. We have more work to do.

click

I completed my work in the cockpit and went to my cabin where I recorded all in my diary. Was this why he wanted the repairs done as soon as possible? Good. Justice will be delivered soon. But why all this destruction? I have seen that battle-droid? Could I have gone to the authorities and prevented it? No. No time at all. My cover would have been blown and leaving the corvette is a no for me. And Moniron justice? Corellia is better with all the evidence I have collected thus far. They will be in jail for the rest of their lives. Moniron justice can give them parole or educational programs to set them free. They can become a nuisance again.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 17

This morning Amos came with his father and helped him to settle in his cabin. He asked me to accompany him to the conference-room where all the owners of plastbins stored in hangar 57 came to discuss the damage.

I heard the various complaints against Wismer being negligent in transporting the plastbins with volatile materials when Amos stood up to get caf. That was for me the sign to leave and I joined him at the caf-machine. I told him that the corvette was ready to leave when he wanted.

An exciting escape followed when I was ordered to leave. Hangar doors were descending towards the hull of the corvette when I activated the controls to hover it outside. A truck from Slojuk's factory came barreling through a fence. Outside the hangar I stopped briefly and opened the cargo-hatch to allow Melikas, Padoffi and Warren to board. They have to pay for their crimes too. I had the corvette leaving in a steep climb and saw the three coming to the main cabin and settling down.

I recorded this in my diary.

click

'Up and away.'

'Your message saved me. Two officers were coming to the conference room and asking for me. Their armed goons were blocking the exit.They have found evidence in the rubble from our plastbins.'

'And they traced the conversation between Wismer and you and found out about me. Those sleemo's had more brains than I thought.'

'They traced you only. I lost all my equipment except my blaster in the truck thanks to the kriffing koochoo but I managed to slug one of them.'

Entering hyperspace for the first jump to the Moniron nebula.”

'Only one more difficulty to navigate and we are free. Coruscant here we come.'

'And we have enough stored aboard to supply you with new blasters.'

click

I ended this recording because I have the nebula coming.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 18

I put the diary again on record after entering hyperspace and bound for Corellia. Warren had joined me.

click

Melikas is too busy with Padoffi to appreciate the beautiful sight out there.”

We will see where we end up. The next stop appears to be Corellia.”

Corellia. Ira Slojuk will like it to return to his home planet. He told me about Coronet city. The first thing I will do is visit Treasure ship row.”

Not my idea but if you want another company to work for it’s the place to be. My dad was a Corellian business man and liked to go there and visit the bars. He became a grumbling old guy after becoming stranded on Moniron when the planet became off limits for the empire. Getting a wife and me didn’t change that grumbling.”

I will welcome a change. I was born on Moniron and got my first job at Slojuk’s factory as a truck-driver. Helping him with his ‘nice’ work earned me enough credits to start a tapcaf and earn my credits living honest.”

Great idea Warren.”

Slojuk doesn’t have bugs here?”

No Warren. I went over all the nooks and crannies before having her ready to fly. I hope Corellia will be a nice place to live for you and me.”

click

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 19

Bekana and a greeting in the old Corellian language started my new job. Not returning to Moniron? No and I hope Chief Reno will have figured out where I am now. The Noranan police-department was very thorough figuring out that Slojuk was the culprit.

CorSec Captain Sanders was my second contact after I greeted the spaceport controller. Slojuk came to the cockpit as soon as the corvette came out of hyperspace near Corellia. I told him that I had to guide it to one of the berths at Coronet city spaceport and hand over my credentials to the authorities. He believed me when I left the corvette because there had been a steady stream of pleasant conversations between the cockpit and the spaceport as soon as the corvette entered orbit. The conversation ended with ‘report to CS-command.’

I have told the CorSec officers everything about Slojuk and his business on Moniron. Mentioning the planet had me explaining all about my father’s journey to Moniron, the stored jump and that I didn’t know the coordinates and that it was a nuisance for spacecraft. They were impressed by my knowledge of the old Corellian language and my piloting skills.

‘We will give Slojuk and his father, Melikas and Padoffi a nice place to stay and give Warren a ride to Treasure ship row,’ was what CorSec captain Sanders had said before giving orders.

Warren can start his tapcaf.

Angela Sanders was impressed by my knowledge and asked me to join her team of forensics experts. And with them it is first names only. Angela it is. She gave me a room in the CorSec building telling me that I can stay there until I have found a place of my own. But the bed in my room? Are all Corellians small?

I have a new future as a CorSec officer but I can return to Moniron.

And that good looking girl giving me a wink with her left eye when she entered the office is something to pursue. Is this what my mother had taught me about Dunai elder and falling in love?

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 20

It is. I met her when I reported in for duty on my first day as a CorSec officer.

She is Arina Glandir and a Dunai. She is an orphan like me. She lost her parents when an Imperial enforcer discovered them working at the Corruul engineering company during a routine search for Force-sensitives. Arina was with her teacher and group visiting the beach near Cormond when a CorSec officer came with the news. He took her to Rostek Horn, who managed to hide her in an orphanage in Firwood after giving her a new identity. She took her real name after the empire was defeated. She is 20 years older than me and became a CorSec officer when I was in diapers. Recently she celebrated 40 years at CorSec.

We are already bonded in the way of the Dunai elder but the marriage has to become official for the Corellian law. Angela Sanders spotted our bond immediately. She will be our 'best woman' on melona 20.

Our colleagues Vince Durana and Olvar Ekle are the witnesses.

And I have a new place to stay. Arina asked me to live with her in her cottage in Firwood.

I got my things from my room in the CorSec building. She took me in her airspeeder to Firwood. She smiled when I saw the large double bed. 'I had it custom made by a carpenter because all Corellian beds have my feet dangling over the edge.'

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super resolution to the undercover work, great new job and start with Arina.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and new work with this

Entry 21

Angela came with a direct order today. The first thing I have to do is to get my license as a Corellian pilot. It will be easy according to her. She had seen me piloting the corvette and wants be to be able to fly the team everywhere. 'A pilot on the team is better than having to ask one of the drivers each time we have a investigation at the other side of Corellia' was what she said.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very good idea, efficient and will definitely lead to interesting cases.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It will

Entry 22

To get my pilot license was very easy. I showed my papers, had to fly two different craft and that was it. I am now a fully qualified Corellian pilot.

Angela beamed when she showed me the CorSec transports that are used by us. They are sub-orbital transports and can get you around the planet in a very short time.

Entry 23

I am now officially married to Arina and had a few days off for celebration at one of the resorts in Cor Sanol. It was near a beautiful beach. On that beach we made love and yesterday Arina came with the news that she is expecting. 'We will have a son' she said. And I answered 'I have a name.'

'Jeb' we said in unison.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more sweet things coming with

Entry 24

I have been very busy and didn't see my diary at all. Work and caring for Arina when she got her leave from work. But today I could get my diary.

I have a son. Jeb Bel Hana was born today in the university hospital after a difficult delivery.

Arina thinks about resigning from CorSec. She can do that legally because she is 61.

Entry 25

After her maternity leave Arina resigned with a big smile on her face telling command 'I am now quiting after working for more than 40 years at my job.'

CorSec gave her a big going away party.

We came with Jeb and the boy got almost all the attention from the officers.

Arina can join the 'old folks club' in Firwood when she is 65.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Great with the family, Arina retiring and enjoying Jeb.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and with more exciting things to come

Entry 26

Busy, busy, busy. Solving crimes had me very busy and not seeing my diary at all.

Arina is now at home and a full time mom. Caring for Jeb is what she likes even more than her job at CorSec. I care for Jeb when I am home. Jeb keeps you busy now that he is crawling around the house.

Yesterday he celebrated his first birthday and like our celebration of the first year of our marriage it was started with breakfast in bed.

Arina loves to be at home. Now she will be able to clean the attic. She has never done that after buying the cottage after an old couple passed away. The cottage had belonged to Jono and Nicky Brama. Hmm those given names are the names mentioned by my dad.

Entry 27

Arina came with a surprise today. She had been busy cleaning the attic when she found a box with old papers, a diary from my grand-mother Nicky and a book.

I recognised the writing immediately because it had the signature from Rostek Horn. One paper dealt with the new identities given by Rostek Horn to Jono and Nicky. The book is even more interesting. It is a diary belonging to my grand-father. More stuff to read but first I will have to finish dad's diary.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting discoveries =D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    but first this

Entry 28

Dad's diary had me very interested because there were Corellian cases listed in a few entries after he came to live in Noranan and followed the news. My grandfather had told him stories about old cases. One was about the Dorsetti holocron. The uneasy feeling remained after solving the case and listing it as suicide. It was during the visit of the Naboo senator and his aides to Coronet city.

Dad made the connection between that visit and the theft of the holocron when Palpatine became emperor. Aira Dorsetti was murdered. One aide was Palpatine and he must have been after the holocron. And I know more about that case. Steve Magaron told me about it. The team figured out that the holocron was sold by Dorsetti to a wealthy merchant in Hollowtown when they got the news that the merchant was murdered. The team had to go to Centerpoint Station. Steve was injured and was saved by grand-dad and Rostek Horn. Jedi-knight Nejaa Halcyon saved him from a bacta-dunk. Yes bacta and Dunai are enemies.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 29

A very sad day for me. Angela came with the news that there had been a fire in a hangar with one of the fire-chiefs finding a human bone. We went to investigate and found out that the hangar had been build in the place where a wrecked building had been used by the inquisitors to detain and torture suspected Force sensitives. We started to dig, sifting through the rubble and found mutilated bones of 97 beings. We have to test them for DNA to identify them and give them a proper burial.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 30

Angela was in tears when she saw me identifying the bones of Mark and Elvina Bel Hana. I have never met my uncle and aunt. They were twins and the older siblings from my dad.

I asked Angela to go with me for the ceremony on Firwood lake. Near the shore I ignited the pyre and collected the ashes. In the evening – standing one one of the powerboats from the marina – I let their ashes flow away in the water. And I felt grandfather comforting me. He had lived a long and happy life with Nicky. They became one with the eternity on the same day now almost 22 years ago. He told me that Rostek Horn had saved Nicky and him from being hunted down by inquisitors of the empire and tortured and executed. But Rostek had been unable to track down his children Mark and Elvina. Rostek visited Jono and Nicky each year to remember the deaths of their children. Entry 4 in my diary was about remembering the life of Rostek Horn.

Angela heard me whispering Rostek Horn.

She told me more about her past. She was born in Firwood and had great teachers, both Force-sensitives and hidden there by Rostek Horn. Now she knew who they were and said 'Rostek Horn told me that he urged your grandfather to retire after the news that Nejaa Halcyon was slain. Rostek forged new identities for them. They became Jono and Nicky Brama and had three children. Two were here and hunted down and one was gone before Palpatine rose to power, doing some piloting for a criminal we know; Slojuk.'

They lived in Firwood where Jono became a volunteer teacher at the primary school and his wife a teacher. Nicky was Angela's teacher and getting her interested in flowers. Jono took the classes on hiking trips to the wilderness and Rostek's green-house that was built where the Jedi had once their training facility. That had her interested in the flowers Rostek was growing and Rostek's stories about CorSec. She joined the academy and became a CorSec captain.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 31

Yesterday we had the ceremony for Mark and Elvina.

Today I had to bring supplies to the CorSec training facility in Firwood.

The facility is located near the lake. It is made of red bricks and has a grass roof and blends in the surroundings. Near it is an old orchard indicating that the place has once been a farm.

I discovered that in grand-father Jono's diary. The farm became the centre for a training-facility for the Jedi. Cabins were placed near the main building. After Palpatine rose to power Rostek made sure that the training-facility was destroyed. He bought the farm and built his green-house to grow his hybrids. It is now a place with rubble covered by grass and weed after the Yuuzhan Vong ruined the buildings.

A cave that was used by Rostek Horn to store things is near the beginning of the trail leading to the training facility. The entrance is covered by a trap-door. The cave has fixed ropes to descend. It has many store-rooms and passages and is used by us for search and rescue-exercises.

A house with a red-tiled roof is on the shores of the lake. Next to it is a ruined house that had once been a shop for the young Jedi-initiates on training missions.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 32

Years have passed. Solving cases with the team kept me very busy and when I came home it was Jeb and Arina asking all my attention.

Arina joined the old folks club in Firwood. She came home from a meeting yesterday and told me about the attention she was getting from a owner of a marina. She had told him that her husband was 20 years younger and that started the flirting.

I don't mind. Arina is young an looking beautiful.

Jeb is 5 and in his second year of kindergarten. He came home today with exciting tales about going on a boat-ride.

I know that the teachers follow the safety-rules but I will take Jeb to swimming lessons when he turns 6.

When I take him and Arina on a boat-ride I take care that he dons his life-vest.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 33

Mario Flaman is a new colleague. He graduated recently from the university. And he is fun to work with but behaves like he is a child in a toy-shop. Today we celebrated his 25th birthday. And what did he bring for the celebration? Water-guns and funny hats and a cake adorned with figurines of Jedi and Sith.

Olvar Ekle has been promoted to captain and is now stationed at the other side of Corellia in Cormond. We had a going away party for the rather harsh Ekle. But I know that the CorSec agency at Cormond will benefit. He is very capable for solving cases. And we will see him if there is a case needing forensics experts. CorSec central is the only office to have them. And we have the fast transports to go everywhere.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 34

10 days and Jeb will turn six. This morning I told Jeb that he could count the days left on his toes. And that had him shouting 'breakfast in bed' and hurrying to Arina in the master-bedroom.

I made breakfast and was carrying it in the room when my pager alerted me.

I rushed away after donning my uniform and met the smiling Angela. 'Crime scenes don't change that much. You should have enjoyed your breakfast with your wife and son. And that caf is real bad here.'

Yeah the caf is bad at Central.

Angela mentioned the missing files from Rostek Horn and my grandfather. Dorsetti has me very concerned. I rushed to the crime-scene where Mario and Vince were busy.

Mario was exuberant when he took my hand guiding me to a place with an interesting slash. It could have been made by a torch or a lightsaber in the hands of a Sith.

We have to investigate if the Sith have been doing the break-in.

When I was going home Angela asked me to bring supplies to the training-facility. 'Take some fun time with your son and wife.' She began to stuff the supplies in my airspeeder.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful reading about the cases and family time

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more coming

Entry 35

One, two, three, four, five, seven, eight. Jeb was counting his bread-pieces with chocolate sprinkles with a big smile on his face this morning. I had made his breakfast because Arina was busy with a test from the pharmacy. And when she came in with her bread topped with chocolate spread, sprinkles and pickles I knew and took her in my arms.

She was pregnant.

Jeb said that it will be a brother for him and he told us about teacher Sanolo eating pickles during her pregnancy and having now a son.

We went to see the doctor and she confirmed the pregnancy.

Was Angela suspecting something when she sent me to the training facility to bring the supplies? When I tell her, she sure will bring jars with pickles. Eech.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Nothing better than chocolate sprinkles and the odd craving and food combination gave Arina away. [face_mischief]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    but trouble is coming

Entry 36

This morning we were busy with the old files searching to solve our break-in the archives case when Angela got a message from Captain Olvar Ekle. He had a situation in the Cormond Ale Factory with 15 code thousand and 5 detainees.

The 15 dead were Sith and the 5 detainees were Jedi.

When I piloted the CorSec S-1500 transport down, Mario in the second front-seat began to mutter. I told him that Angela and Vince enjoyed my flying.

Captain Ekle and his officers were in the restaurant with the owner of the factory Cazzy Shelly and the five Jedi-knights; Kyp Durron, Ben Skywalker, Seha Dorvald, Valin and Jysella Horn.

Ben Skywalker told us that he had seen a report from a news-catcher on Corellia about the break-in in CorSec central and showed that to Corran Horn and his son Valin.

Valin had already made plans with his father, sister Jysella, Ben and Seha to search for Rostek Horn's belongings and most important the Dorsetti holocron.

With Corran incapacitated by a prank played on him by Kyp Durron, Kyp offered to take the four young Jedi to Corellia. The first thing they did was a visit to Corruul to get quad lasers for the Azure Angel, their freighter.

The second visit was the Cormond Ale Factory where they discovered the files from Rostek Horn in a place that had been once a secret hangar. Coming back to the bottling hall they met the Sith.

We went with Cazzy to the crime-scene; two totally wrecked bottling lines and one intact but now silent. Mario found a lightsaber and can go with Ben and Seha for another thrilling ride to CorSec central.

I have to stop. My passengers are coming.