main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Communicating threats against fellow members of Congress should be a pretty good reason but we’re talking about the GOP here.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's what I'm saying. Safe seat or not, she's popular enough with the base that she's an asset.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Unfortunately, MTG is probably here to stay for a few election cycles, if not longer.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Check the story of how she got elected in the first place.

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Which is also quite ironic since the majority of those deaths are among the unvaccinated, and more likely to be of the political persuasion with which he aligns.

Don't forget interest rates. The Fed should already be well on its way to at least a 0.5--if not 1%--increase in the fed funds rate, but of course no one wants to burst that nice little bubble they've got going on Wall Street.

Juliet316 and blackmyron like this.
  6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @anakinfansince1983 Because McCarthy is a stooge and is afraid of TFG who obviously loves MTG since she worships at his altar no questions asked. The more interesting question is why hasn't McCarthy pushed for Cheney and Kinzinger to be out? My guess is they will be if they win the majority in 2023 though both particularly Kinzinger might be out of Congress by then anyway.

@Vaderize03 Yeah even if the Fed raise rates 1%, it still be a near historic lows. But these people are just greedy "fill in the blanks" to no end. And they prove hogs don't necessary get slaughtered since when the bubble bursts, they will be bailed out anyway.

Meanwhile John Eastman is well going thru some things:

The 1/6 Committee is fully expected to subpoena this clown later today. They better bring a straight jacket too.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Some of y'all's family could be dying and you'd still be focused on 1/6.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    but this is about democracy Harvey

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Someone will let me know when the US becomes one!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Rew and Bacon164 like this.
  10. Darth Spookious

Darth Spookious Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2014
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That’s the point. What the 1/6 terrorists wanted was the opposite of the direction we should be going in.

And I’ll stop focusing on it when it is treated as the terrorist attack that it was, and when “alt-right fascism is bad” is no longer treated as debatable by 40-45 percent of the US population. I can focus on personal issues at the same time although I don’t discuss those here.

12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It wasn't a terrorist attack, and you presenting it as such is just another in the line of people who incorrectly use the word "terrorism" because it's a strong sounding word or because it gets an emotional reaction.

CT-867-5309 and MasterP like this.
  13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Demand is up. People and businesses are buying a lot more.

NY Magazine - Bidenomics Is Working

[​IMG]

The Washington Post - ‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds (December 2020)
    Data spanning 50 years and 18 countries shows lowering rates for the wealthy increases inequality

Retail imports surged to historic highs in 2021, bringing port congestion too (chart)
    Import figures for 2021 would have been higher were it not for port congestion, according to the NRF.

CNBC - Panic ordering by retailers is making the supply chain crisis ‘even worse’
    Reuters - California ports, key to U.S. supply chain, among world's least efficient, ranking shows
    The Hill - Los Angeles, Long Beach ports to fine shipping companies over backlog

And as long as the robber barons of our age like Elon Musk doesn't get his way to continue not paying or dodging taxes, better things are possible.

The Washington Post - Nevertheless, Warren’s wealth tax idea persisted [in recent budget talks]
    The Daily Beast - Sen. Wyden Unveils Plan to Raise Billions by Taxing 700 Most Ridiculously Wealthy Americans

Gizmodo - Elon Musk Made $36 Billion on Monday but Republicans Don't Want to Tax Him
    Musk infamously paid $0 in federal income taxes in 2018.

The Guardian - SpaceX could make Elon Musk world’s first trillionaire, says Morgan Stanley

Gizmodo - Elon Musk Could Save 42 Million From Starvation With 2% of His Wealth

14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Yes but you see this all involves facts, which nearly half the country isn't interested in if it contradicts their narrative of how things 'should' be and 'who' should be in charge.

15. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    McCarthy is an excellent example of how GOP goals about power have abandoned actual leadership in favor of accumulating power that its intended wielders are often actually impotent in using competently.

McCarthy is so focused on accumulating power he's lost much of his actual authority, meaning that even if he gets the job of Speaker he's going to be more a tool of others than an actual decisions maker himself.

16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @godisawesome In my lifetime the Republicans went from people like Howard Baker and Robert Michel as their leaders in Congress both known for their willingness to work with Democrats in order to achieve deals (Baker was known as "the Great Conciliator") to McCarthy and McConnell who only care about power for themselves. And I am not that old. Michel btw is the one that Rush went after in particular saying he was a "traitor" for gasps having friendships with Democrats since you know he was a regular human being while Newt is a turd with a human head on it....if can even call Newt's head human.

And again while Democrats fight over what is basically peanuts every year, 60% of Republicans think the 2020 Election should be "overturned":

Now granted percentage speaking that isn't a massive part of our population as not even 30% of US Adults consider themselves to be Republican now. But still say it's only 15% of our entire population believe that. That still what? About 38-39 million people that truly believe the election should be overturned and TFG should be installed as a dictator. That ain't good and again Democrats really are not grasping how dangerous they are since they are desperate and will win at all costs since many evangelicals are now saying "all deaths are good" no matter how it happens hence why they don't care about COVID.

17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    so when's the country going to collapse

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don’t understand the critique that someone is focusing on US Politics in the US Politics thread.

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The 1/6 Insurrectionists only stormed the Capitol with weapons, planted explosives around town and were fully planning on grabbing hostages in order to stay there overnight until their demands were meant (they even tweeted to the press they fully plan on staying there) but they are not terrorists sure. The Republicans cannot let go of the Confederate Flag even though that was 150 years ago but everyone has to pretend that 1/6 did not happen. As I said before it was a dry run by the GOP in order to overthrow our government and install a white christian oligarchy. They will do it again, again, again, and again until it finally works or they are destroyed. So far I say they are winning.

Meanwhile, the Senate Republicans are spending the day planting false flags and defending Nazi Salutes at school board meetings:

Great look Cancun Ted especially since a three year anniversary of a mass shooting at a Jewish Synagogue but I guess we are supposed to move on from that too just like 1/6.

20. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    That's because in my opinion it's not politics.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Then you're alone and will have to live with it.

Good grief. Obvious fake outrage aside this is just pure evil at work. I mean how do you address someone like Cruz without using the word "scum".

22. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Does the Confederacy even count as old politics.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

Okay, if it wasn't a terrorist attack, then what was it? Just another tour day at the capitol like scumbag Republicans say?

24. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Youngkin goes all-in on 'critical race theory' in campaign's final week

That's not a thing that's a part of Virginia's curriculum. It IS the new racist dog whistle though on the right.

[​IMG]

Trump wants to claim he's responsible for Youngkin's success...if he won.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It fits the dictionary definition of terrorism:

“The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.”

I’m not going to take the angle that it is acceptable for a bunch of racist ***holes to try to violently install an alt-right dictatorship because they are “angry.” Or that it’s not terrorism because it was enacted against Democrats by white Republicans.