main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    And now just one (1)! :D

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    In under the wire with Pull Me Home. It's L/M, as literally everyone would have guessed coming from me :p

3. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Hooray! Got in the index—thanks so much for sharing! :)

4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    OK, everyone, three (3) days left in Challenge #23! Stories due February 4! :D

5. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today’s the day, folks! Last day to submit stories to our challenge! Voting begins first thing tomorrow!

6. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    OK, everyone, it’s now officially voting time for OTP Challenge #23: Overcoming Obstacles… Originally! We’ve got three (3) wonderful stories in the running:
    • Maybe This Time by devilinthedetails (Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo)
    • No Attachments? by earlybird-obi-wan (OCs Jadin Finn and Arisha Er-Denal)
    • Pull Me Home by Gabri_Jade (Mara Jade Skywalker and LukeSkywalker)
    Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on February 19. (So you’ll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list or that is not votable, etc., etc.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about February 20 (barring all RL catastrophe).

Happy reading and voting, all! :)

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It’s me, writing on mobile—just under a week to go on voting now! :)

8. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Ok, everyone, votes are in, and we have a winner:

Please join me in congratulating Gabri on her win! =D= And in offering a well done and many thanks to all who took part in this challenge! :) And look for our next challenge to go up within the next few days! (As always, I welcome ideas for future ones!)

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, @Gabri_Jade! [face_dancing] [:D] That was a truly wonderful story amongst several such wonderful stories. [face_love] [face_love]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cogratulations @Gabri_Jade with your fantastic Luke and Mara story

11. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
  13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And once again, it’s new challenge time! :D @ViariSkywalker really is the gift who keeps giving, with all her excellent challenge proposals—let's give her a big thank you for this one, too:

OTP Challenge #24: Vacation Time!

Write a story in which your OTP takes a trip together. It can be to anywhere, and it can be any kind of trip: business, pleasure, or some of both—just as long as they take a trip together (and as long as it's TOS-friendly, which you of course know).

Stories will be due in eight (8) weeks as usual, at 11:59 PM (23:59) Pacific Time on Monday, April 18.

Challenge Index
    Lovers Vacation by Anedon and Adalia-Durron (Kyp Durron and OC Adalia Durron)
    Day Trippers by Nehru_Amidala (Thrawn and Jaina Solo)
    Beach Fun by earlybird-obi-wan (Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi)
    Love in the Naboo Lake Country by devilinthedetails (Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala Skywalker; Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo)
    Life Raft by ViariSkywalker (Allana Djo Solo and OC Darth Festus)
    The Vacation by amidalachick (NSW: Stranger Things; Steve/Billy, Joyce/Hopper, Mike/El, Max/Lucas)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sign me up! I can totally do this.

15. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations to @Gabri_Jade on the win, and a big thank you as always to our hostess @Captain Rakkaus for inspiring me to get into writing again after a hiatus. The challenges here always provide a nice kick in the pants for the stubborn, stalled muse!

And this upcoming challenge seems to be no exception. I think it could produce some beautiful fanfic! Can't wait to see a new crop of stories and hopefully add my own to the mix:D

17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  18. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in! Our first one in the challenge—thank you so much! :)

19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My entry with my favorite duo Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri Tachi for challenge 24 is Beach fun

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  22. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Great, got it in! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

And a quick reminder to all: there’s now one month left in our challenge, with stories due April 18!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  23. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My entry for the latest challenge is posted, featuring the beautiful Naboo Lake Country and two of my Star Wars OTPs: Padme/Anakin and Leia/Han. So we could call it a two-for-one.

Love in the Naboo Lake Country

24. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Welp, I wasn't planning to write anything for this with the Kessel Run going on, but inspiration struck!

Life Raft (part of my vig collection: Lover, Hunter, Friend, and Enemy)

The pairing is Allana Djo Solo/Darth Festus (OC), and this time I wrote in an AU of my AU o_O

25. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And they are now both in our index! Thanks so much—wonderful to see the stories rolling in! :D