main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, it's basically official! Hopefully it spans a bunch of eras- good chance of High Republic shorts, but I'd love some prequel-era ones as well as some about Luke and/or his students.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    sounds like a Disney+ version of those Youtube shorts they used to make.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope they'll be closer in length to Visions episodes than Forces of Destiny or even longer. I'm also waiting to see the animation style.

5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    The Old Republic characters would be cool, but I definitely would have to wait and see the animation style before deciding to watch or not.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, that’s not what I was hoping for. Oh well.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I was very much hoping for, well, Tales of the Jedi. But if this really is an anthology show, nothing's stopping them from featuring some original TOTJ characters in an episode or two.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I wonder if these will be canon like Forces of Destiny, or “creative interpretations” of the Star Wars universe like Visions.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I really hope they're canon. We need more canon depictions of Jedi. Especially if the show's jumping around in the timeline.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, Visions is great but I want more canon stories about Jedi. I truly do hope they jump to the ancient past. Give me Nomi Sunrider and Ulic-Qel Droma dammit! :p

11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    And Exar Kun!

rocknroll41, wobbits, Vib3s and 5 others like this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I would like to see them return to the roots and go for an ancient Bronze Age fantasy aesthetic

[​IMG]

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Lets see hint of the future with Rey.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Give me Oss Willum or give me... I don't know... hell they know I'm going watch whatever this is.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I'm potentially excited, but I'm going to need more info.
    Yes. Canon depictions of classic TOTJ characters would be what pushes me into excitement territory.

Non-canon, kiddie, 10 minute shorts of the adventures of Jedi Padawan Raan-Dom, and her trusty sidekick droid Q-T, or her cuddly pet Porg, will be a hard pass. I'd rather have a lightsaber lobotomy.

Jediking97, wobbits, Sarge and 6 others like this.
  16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed on everything there, @Pro Scoundrel, except...
    ...this would be great.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes I don't even know who you are.

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Would love to see original TOTJ, even in short animations. Here, I'm thinking storytelling à la "Lord of the Rings" flashbacks.

In any case, sounds interesting

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Not really what I was hoping for either. However, I do hope they're canon and, more importantly, they move around the timeline.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Agreed. Everyone needs a pet Porg!

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I mean, considering the logo is practically the same as the one for the original comic series, if a few of these stories aren't set in the Old Republic era, then, yeah, that would stink.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

TCF-1138 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Sounds exciting. I think anthologies can be pretty satisfying if they have long arcs from time to time, or even returning characters.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    So is this sort of filling a placeholder role for Visions to return next year?