main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 4 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 7, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 15, 2022.
  1. 10

8.1%
  2. 9

15.2%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

23.4%
  5. 6

11.2%
  6. 5

7.1%
  7. 4

5.6%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

2.5%
  1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yes, actually I liked it too. It was silly but in a way SW has always been so I have zero problems with that.

On the other hand, I wish there were just less rescue missions episodes more generally. I think we got enough of them if we take movies and shows combined.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Did anyone else think they were gonna show Quinlan as part of that horror show? I’m glad they didn’t. I don’t think my heart could have taken it. :p The youngling was ghastly enough though.

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I think there'll be an unexpected twist. We'll get 'Part 5', and we'll all be looking forward to 'Part 6' but they'll pull the rug from under us and give us 'Part 9'.
    Now that's storytelling! ;)

They're not his trophies. If they were his trophies surely they'd be in his castle on Mustafar? I think these are the Inquisitor's trophies. [face_peace]

I've only watched the episode once on my phone while I'm at work, so I'll wait to pass proper judgement until I've watched on a larger screen with headphones, but first impression is that the show is continuing to maintain the standard set by previous episodes.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought this was him at first, but I don't think it is.
    [​IMG]

5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I did enjoy this episode, no big complaints. But after the first three episodes this felt like pretty standard Star Wars fare. I don't feel like I learned anything new about Obi-Wan here.

Maybe I'll appreciate this one more when binging the series.

6. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Gotta also say. I’m loving the theme that plays during the credits in this series. John Williams once again =D=

7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Stormtroopers being incompetent is a well known SW meme. Still, I believe that in this episode they reached a new low. When one of them shot the droid down it was unintentionally hilarious.
    End it seems to me that it was a bit too easy for Ellaria to bypass by force every surveilance or control she had to face.

Korv and CampOfSorgan like this.
  8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Excellent episode, a real out of the frying pan into the fire yet with so many homages to the previous films and tv series. OWK has even managed to have his own character arc, something rarely seen in a character that's been played on screen for six films, instead of him being his usual pivotal character that everyone else revolves.

Now that we are approaching the finale, Deborah Chow is still throwing out intriguing questions that I suspect might be answered but in a way the audience will be curious for long after the last episode.

9. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The youngling made me think that these were Jedi that Vader killed at the temple in RotS and kept their bodies. Maybe some of them were killed by the Inquisitors, but the youngling has to almost certainly be Vader's kill. I remember Rebels did something similar with Luminara's body, but this I thought took it too far. The last episode went too dark as well with Vader snapping the neck of a young person.

StoneRiver likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That's the Winter Soldier in cold storage :p

Darth MikeSin and Sarge like this.
  11. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I was somewhat underwhelemed with that episode. 4 episodes in, and with Ewan and Hayden returning, I'd never expected to be thinking that this would not be as emotionally engaging or exciting as The Mandalorian (IMO). This is falling into The Book of Boba Fett category for me i.e. lots to like, and overall enjoyable, but falls considerabley short of the best Star Wars has to offer... in my opinion. Even the music is really bland and disappointing. I honestly believe that if they took this story, the actors, and transposed it to a big budget live action film with all the production values of a SW movie, it would have worked so much better.

In short, I don't think my issues with the show are with the concepts, performances etc. but it's the natural constraints of a TV show which limit the full realisation of what they could do with these characters in these settings, over a circa 2 hour film.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I saw him and thought the same for a second but I feel like they would have focused on him more if that was meant to be him. So yeah I think it’s safe to say he wasn’t there. [face_relieved]

Darth MikeSin and TCF-1138 like this.
  13. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    After watching for a second time, still really loved it.
    Will say Tala’s escape from the two Stormtroopers apprehending her, looked pretty bad. That could’ve been done better.

Also a little surprised Reva didn’t just strike Tala down in anger right before leaving, as she almost certainly knew Tala was covering for Obi Wan.

Seeing Ewan as OWK fending off Stormtroopers in the halls & holding back the water was amazing. Obi Wan with the burn injuries, out of combat & in seclusion for years, is still an extremely dangerous man.

Darth MikeSin and SHAD0W-JEDI like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well she had already placed the tracker on Leia’s droid so she wanted them to escape so she could track down where the Path leads to.

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    There were too many "oh c'mon." moments for me , his beard wasn't even singed ?! He knocks out a stormtrooper and doesn't even put on the outfit? Also it's quite apparent that the huge leaps over logic in the last episode won't be addressed.

What was with that tomb ? What's the point of that?

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    There is no point. The Inquisitors and the Empire are just ******* evil.

17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Who knows but I can't wait to find out what their dastardly plan involves.

18. darth orange shirt guy

darth orange shirt guy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2022
    I loved the episode, I thought it was great…

for a Star Wars show, but not as good for a Kenobi show. The plot was yet again a rescue, with Radom people from the path who felt very out of place.

I hope the next part is obi wan getting into shape, and he’s already starting to improve. Then the finale, with Vader and whatever the tomb thing was. I love this Kenobi show, and I just hope it’s not a boba fett ending.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Possibly... and I know this will require next to no thought to arrive at... this series is connecting with the rest of their TV line and "the point of that" is exactly what Gideon was trying to do with Grogu and use Force sensitive bodies to extract material for Sidious' long goal.

20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    was that supposed to be the youngling who said "Morster Skoywalker ..." ?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh good point. That’s definitely a possibility. If they’re trying to clone Force sensitives they definitely have a ready supply.

22. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    The bit at the end with Vader & Reva just felt and looked really cheap, it didn't even sound like Vader compared to previous episode and he was not angry enough imo.

Was always going to be a very short episode, Disney have a formula

23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I’m not so sure those people are just trophies. I mean the way the episode present then in that hall of horrors certainly presents that as such. But in universe they may be on ice for scientific and Force experiments by the Sith. The same sort of research Grogu is used for.

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well they were not on ice really.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003