main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think its quite cool and original that Rebels, an animated series, is basically getting a live-action sequel. Has that ever actually happened before? Not just for SW, but anything.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I still feel bad for the animated actors.

Lomer2012 and Mostly Handless like this.
  3. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I don't think you should. Star Wars has shown thus far that the universe is big enough for both the animated cast and live-action act members to get their appreciation. Sure, it's probably in the back of some of the animated cast members' minds that someone else has gone and made more money from 'their' character, but I doubt a lot of them think that way. Mostly, actors seem to be pretty chill about the idea of someone else playing 'their' character. And it's not like Eckstein, DBB, and other cast members don't get shown appreciation by the more hardcore fans. They probably get more regular gigs at SWC and other events simply because they're more willing to turn up.

4. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    That's not my problem, I simply think they should get to finish their charcter's storys. It's not like there's any reason they shouldn't.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They did get to finish their stories. Rebels in a sense did do that. this next part is obviously for the live acton to carry on.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Bad Batch will get same treatment on live action like Clone Wars and Rebels.

7. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    If there's a 'next part' the story isn't finished.

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    How would you even do The Bad Batch? It would be tough to make Temuera look like The Bad Batch.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Have Tem play older versions of Wrecker and Hunter with new cast member as older Omega.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Other than Rex, I don’t need to see any more of the clones in live action. And even Rex, he’s biologically 80ish, so they’d have to really do a lot of make up on Tem to pull that off.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rex and Wolf as he's still around.

12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think you need Wolffe, he doesn’t really contribute much to the emotions of Ahsoka’s story. Hell, they could even improve the emotional storytelling by having Rex as the last living of member of the clones Ahsoka knew, really play up how much she’s lost and how she’s now at a crossroads with her life.

Darth Majestic likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You can have Wolf as Rex last brother and has him die. Rex i think will stay for a while. The last clones of Anakin and Plo Koon who were both Ahsoka's mentors.

clone commander bossk and Sproj like this.
  14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Eh, I don’t think this is the show to depict this big death scene for a random clone most of the audience doesn’t know and that Ahsoka doesn’t have a super deep connection to. They have to be economical with their storytelling and with their cast.

Because they can’t just come into this show where they left off with Rebels. They’ll need to have scenes reintroducing the characters of Sabine, Hera, Ezra, Thrawn etc to an audience who doesn’t know them to make it accessible. Which it sounds like they’re doing going by what Sabine’s actress has said.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes the will be introduced to the live action audiences. Now that i think of it Wolf they might save for later. Rex on this show might depend on how mutch Tem could work in this. And hope we see Seb and Kallus in here.

16. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Check out this gem from the Reddit comments[face_laugh]

Darth Valkyrus and Riv_Shiel like this.
  17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Good question. There have been some that have gone the other way such as Corner Gas and while not a series in Napoleon Dynamite, it was followed up with an animated TV show.

The Tintin and Asterix comics were converted into cartoons and then both were given live action adaptations but these were not sequels and are similar to many comics really in the MCU, DCU and shows like The Boys, etc.

So yeah, I cannot think of one that has started animated and then had a live action sequel.

18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    You know, I’d genuinely be impressed if they were cruel enough to do something like that to Ezra. No way they would, but it’d certainly be a big shake up from Filoni’s usual style.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Woundt it just be a rip off from the Thrawn trilogy.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    No, it would be an adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    And it would be dumb.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The worst part of the trilogy

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It’s the only palatable way I could see Ezra going bad. Everything else would be horribly out of character for everyone involved.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Ezra could mix of Mace Windu and Kanan.

25. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. Also (although I would really like to see this variant) it seems unlikely for Ezra to make just an uneasy alliance with Thrawn (without approving any of his ruthless methods), since he already tried "fighting greater evil with help of seemingly lesser one" with Maul and it did not end well.