main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge September is WIP Month! (Finish WIPs, get colors!)—It’s On!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Aug 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    WOW! Wonderful news on both counts—way to go! Got you updated; great job ending the month on a triumphant note! =D=

As for me, well, I think I actually managed to at least kinda-sorta wrap up a scene of the Honor Guard Ball story! Still nothing to post, and still nothing on my two Small word-count goals, but I’m glad to have taken the time this month to make good headway on at least one of those stories. It all counts! :)

2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  3. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Good show, everyone--whether you wrote 5000 words or 200.

--------------------

As for myself, I shan't be writing any fanfictional words here at the very last minute. (To be honest, I'm finding it hard just to compose this message.) There was a moment this morning--and it was but a moment--when I thought I might be able to. And then.

My cat Isobel died. Around 1:10 pm, judging by the timestamp on my status message here.

She was still in the woods, but doing slightly better, at the emergency vet--where she had been for the last two nights after going downhill, being diagnosed with pancreatitis, and showing symptoms of liver failure. She was drinking water again and meowing at the staff, who were with her while I was over an hour away. That's life's mean and sick laughter for you: then she suddenly went into cardiac arrest. They tried to revive her through CPR but couldn't. The vet called me at work, and I told her to do what they needed to end her suffering. And then, while I was still on the phone, they let her go. It was that fast.

What I'm trying to say is: I have a fresh jagged-edged cat shape hole in my heart right now.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm so sorry, Pandora =((

6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Edit: Oh no, I really need to read new posts first. My apologies! I am so sorry to hear about that, @Pandora!

----

Breakaway, an Indeera Stokes drabble set for Week 1 of the Drabble Challenge. The thread (new) is Gazing at the Distant Lights

So that is one Small Goal accomplished!

I also got to 1070 words on "Finish chapter on another untitled unposted multichapter story", which is 1070 more words than I would have written otherwise even though I didn't make my goal of finishing the chapter.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh no, @Pandora , I am so sorry to hear that news! I know what a lovely companion she was to you over the years. May her rest be in the Happy Hunting Grounds. Sending love to you and the other kitties. @};-

@ViariSkywalker got your last review logged; congrats on meeting your goal of five! :)

@Kahara yay you! [face_party] I’m so glad you were able to finish that up, and can’t wait to give it a look. It’s checked off and will be proudly featured in the WIP Month Special edition of Reader’s Choice! :D

So, it’s now October 1 and our challenge is officially a wrap—thank you ALL for your excellent work and the wonderful coencouragement you all gave each other, whether indeed you wrote a few words or a ton. =D= My next task is to tally up the completed goals so that I can construct the Reader’s Choice Special Edition and get people’s colors lined up. But before I do that, I would ask that everyone please double-check your entries in the index (post #2) to make sure I haven’t inadvertently left anything out or gotten anything inaccurate, and if you see any such thing, please let me know!

Thanks again, everyone, and CONGRATULATIONS on jobs superbly done!
    [​IMG]

8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Findswoman , I goofed! The 1070 count was on the same story that had 898 and I copypasted the wrong thing.

9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Yes, congratulations to everyone on their hard work in reaching their September goals or working toward their September goals! Well done, all[face_party]

@Pandora That is absolutely awful news about your cat. Losing a beloved pet is always heartbreaking. Our pets are truly like family and friends to us. I am so sorry for your loss[:D]

10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, @Pandora =(( @};-

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to echo everyone's congratulations and extend another round of applause for all of the awesome productivity and hard work that came from this month! You guys are all rock stars, every last one of you! :D [face_dancing] =D=

And, @Pandora, I am beyond sorry for your loss. It hurts so very badly, losing our animal companions, and I wish there were the words that could help make it better. You have my sympathy and condolences. @};-

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  13. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations to everyone who achieved their goals and made progress this month! =D=:) And as always, a big thank you to @Findswoman for organizing and hosting it all!

@Pandora I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. :([:D]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  14. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    Looking good, winners! Literally. Your usernames look good.
    And to everyone who pushed to nail your WIP deadlines, great effort.

15. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Fanfic is going to be a wonderfully colorful space over the next few days, and I love it[face_love]

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

Fanfic is an absolutely lovely sight right about now. Well done, all! =D= :D[face_party]

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh yes, what beautiful color choices, everyone! You look stunning! :cool:

Well done by all, however many goals you managed to pull off, and see you next time! =D=

18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  19. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Thank you for the condolences about my cat, everyone. I haven't been much up to writing anything longer than a sentence this week--and to be honest, I'm still not--but I did appreciate every comment.

It wasn't as though I didn't know this day was coming sooner rather than later: she was special needs (born with a condition without a name, where some of her organs--her liver in particular--were deformed/misshapen). When she was six months old, I took her home at the end of the first emergency vet electric boogaloo, believing, with good reason, that she had only several days left to live. The fact that she lived to be almost four and a half years old was a triumph. But just because I knew all that does not mean I was ready. Because I wasn't ready, and I wasn't ever going to be ready. But that's just how it is.

-----------------

Finally, congratulations again to everyone on their goals, both those attempted and achieved.