main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You do realize that they're not the main broadcast and thus, aren't forced to watch them if you want to see the game, right?

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Mind-boggling that the Rams are without a 4th quarter TD thus far this season.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Seeing how I haven't watched more than the thirty seconds I watched during their very first broadcast, yes, I do realize that, and I don't watch them.

4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    The way things are going, NFL will have A LOT of 8-9/9-8 teams making the playoffs.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  6. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

In with the fun, they also give much much better game analysis though. That's actually my favorite part.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't imagine a world where the Mannings are considered worthless attention whores while the alternative is Joe Buck/Troy Aikman.

One of my favorite Troy moments was him absolutely losing his **** over Michael Thomas doing a callback of Joe Horn's cellphone-in-the-goalpost celebration. He unironically said something like "Michael Thomas is always such a humble guy, I can't believe he'd do that."

...Michael Thomas's Twitter handle is literally @CantGuardMike

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Post is only good for sports and real estate. This kinda counts as sports but it probably leans more toward tabloid paparazzi drama.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Is it worth all the Omaha references? I say no.

That's just how annoying the Mannings are, that I'd rather grit my teeth through hating Aikman/Buck as I have for years.

At least I don't have to hear 30 references to how amazingly hilarious Troy Aikman is for dressing up as a poorly disguised college athlete. I'm not watching for dumb Instagram stunts or whatever the ****. I don't want skits.

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I miss the Madden Summerall days.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    this 49ers season has already been a roller coaster.

13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Speaking of disappointing broadcasts, that Amazon Prime Vision co-stream thing is just vastly underwhelming. The 22 wide can be interesting for a bit but they take up half the screen with stats, and not the interesting or predictive ones they promise, just like boring season stats I could look up myself in about 5 seconds.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Agree to disagree I guess. I'd rather literally watch the game on mute vs. hear Joe & Troy moralize and try out monotoned dad jokes.

At the very least I don't think there's an argument that Peyton & Eli provide more actual game knowledge almost any NFL color commentators outside maybe Romo.

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If they would joke around a bit less and focus on analysis it would be better but thats not the idea behind the format. It's a prime time talk show like the Late Night shows. Humor is part of it.

I would love to see one time without the split screen and guests and just have them commentate.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    ManningCast seems more geared when you only have more of a leisure interest in the game like when two teams you really don't follow are playing even though I agree they give better analysis then pretty much any other NFL TV in game analyst outside of Romo and perhaps Olsen who I really like as well. But when "your team" is playing it be too jarring to watch. So like last night was perfect to watch them but when the Bears are on MNF later this month, I will grin and bear it (no pun intended) with Buck & Aikman.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that I don't watch ManningCast when it's the Chiefs playing.

Yeah Romo and Trent Green give good insight..but the other color commentaries all suck. Aikman is the worst.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Juliet316 likes this.
  18. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I actually really like Mark Sanchez as a commentator.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, me too.

christophero30 likes this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Will he do anything but fumble words?

:p

LloydChristmas and Juliet316 like this.
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    We gotta work on this one. There's a joke here, we have to figure it out. A combination of fumble, and maybe talking out of his ass. Idk. It's there for us to discover.

Maybe something to do with talking out of his broadcasting partner's ass. We're gonna get it right, folks.

godisawesome and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

So you won't be watching it next Monday when the Raiders come to town?

23. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

He’s certainly breaking new ground. [face_hypnotized]

jcgoble3, Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I miss Myron Cope.

25. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    You could smell the alcohol coming off him through the radio.