main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics 2.0 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 11, 2020.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    kanye west struggles with his mental health, to put it mildly. as much as he has manipulated the media in the past, i think he also gets taken advantage of a lot.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    While mental illness explains some of his behavior, it's hard to have much sympathy for another idiot billionaire who dabbles in being a right-wing provocateur.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't find it hard to have sympathy for him, i sympathize with most idiots.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump suing CNN for $475.000.000 for 'defamation'

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Trump will need the money. I love his trump has the energy to to strike at CNN while Trump himself is under legal attack from all sides.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My mom is just a sweet person who's afraid to not agree with everyone and she's honestly confused. She doesn't know how to choose a side and stand up for herself. So, if her right wing brother's or my sister's family goes on to her about right wing views, she agrees to be nice. She's in complete disbelief about the abortion thing and might even blame Biden or the democrats because they are in office/have the majority when it happened. She does not have any cable channels, so no Fox news. She reads the Richmond Times Dispatch, not sure if that paper leans one way or the other. I will say most of our relatives are more right wing and she hears a lot of their views. She simply doesn't believe anyone could want to go backwards or make anything bad. She grew up beyond poor, her dad passed away when she was 10 and back then women did not have jobs so her family lived on welfare. She had to pay for me and my sister to go to college, so she doesn't understand student loan reimbursement no matter how many times I try to tell her it's gone up a bizzalion dollars since the '08 crash. But mostly she does want what's best for eveyone, especially when it comes to her being able to live out her retirement without coming to her broke kids for money, because none of us have money. Which should tell her something. My dad was able to support us all and pay for college and now we are all a little less better off now that we are adults. Hmmmm....

7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    But surely, how could fake news be defaming ... lol

8. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump is so desperate for money that i think his next move will be to sue a Lottery claiming he won

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Sueing CNN is a good issue for him to fund raise on too.

10. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Wait didnt he do this already? Like last year?

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    He'll go with "I bought a ticket with those numbers. I have it somewhere. You can't prove I don't have it. Give me the lottery money!"

SateleNovelist11 and Juliet316 like this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    My aunt-figure in Dallas says that Trump rallies are not as well attended as they were before 2021.

I just donated to Fetterman again. Prolly will do so thrice more this month.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks like Herschel Walker’s son Christian has had enough of him.

(I’m banned from posting links and the like till the 24th. It’s on twitter if you want to see it for yourself.)

Rew, SateleNovelist11 and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    What’s did Christian Walker say or do?

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Interesting that the last straw was that he paid for a woman's abortion and sent her a "get well soon" card. Guess it's too much to hope for that the kid will stop pinkwashing fascism.
    Wait, what?

16. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    Forgot to spoiler tag profanity one too many times.:p

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Womp womp...

[​IMG]

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    That’s an understandable violation to get tripped up on. Please do go getting banned. I enjoy your posts way too much!

Does the option actually get removed during suspension or is it a don’t do it sort of thing?

19. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  20. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

Complained about his father on twitter.

21. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    Kremlin spokesman Tucker says we're provoking Putin

just checked christian walker's twitter. he's down on his dad....but high on DeSantis :rolleyes:

22. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Biden stopped by my neck of the woods today. Promised a ton of help. I dont believe anything substantial will get done. At least he didnt chuck paper towels at us. He was actually normal and decent.

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    A billionnaire doesn't need energy for that, they just need a few more lawyers on the payroll.

25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    One thing I've been meaning to tell you guys that my state's gubernatorial race has turned into a potential nightmare. So, I'm planning to vote for Tina Kotek. She is fighting to retain Oregon's status as one of the states with the most support for those who need to get abortions. She has two opponents: the Republican Christine Drazan and the conservative Democrat-turned-independent Betsy Johnson. Both of them are endorsed by the gun radicals. It appears that Johnson has taken some Democratic and independent votes away from Kotek, and this throws the election in Drazan's favor. While I have no doubt that Democrats will win the senatorial and representative elections and Democrats will probably retain both state houses, a Republican governor would throw things into disarray. I think that many Oregonians don't like our current governor, Kate Brown, due to the past lockdowns and the homeless issue. I like her just fine. I didn't get to vote for her because I moved here in January 2019. So, anyhow, as I've said, it's mostly a liberal state due to the big cities running the place. So, if we have a Republican governor who makes people upset, we're in for do-nothing and gridlock for the next four years. It's similar to how Theodore Roosevelt and Taft divided the Republicans and paved the way for Wilson. Apparently, that's what's happening right now, and I'm not looking forward to it.